Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2015 5:40:29 PM EDT
I have a pair of Canon 35mm cameras.  I don't want to hang onto something I doubt will see any further use.  I'll probably keep the lenses, maybe get an adapter to mess around with.  Any suggestions other than toss  them in the trash?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a pair of Canon 35mm cameras.  I don't want to hang onto something I doubt will see any further use.  I'll probably keep the lenses, maybe get an adapter to mess around with.  Any suggestions other than toss  them in the trash?
View Quote

I'd hang onto at least one if you have the space.  I had an old Rico XR10 (or something) that I regret dropping off at Goodwill.  From time to time I think it would be fun to go old school with a roll of film and see how well I do without the aid of a digital camera.

otherwise drop them off at goodwill, ebay them, trade them at a camera shop, etc....
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Fly,

What model are they?

I ran a roll of film through a Canon FTb today.  B&W.  There are sad types like me out there.

Ray
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#3]
AE-1 and AE-1 Program
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I have all of the Nikon Fs (and shoot them).  Keep them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:48:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I say keep them. Worst case, ebay them or sell them to KEH to sell to a hipster. Definitely don't trash them though!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:01:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the alternatives.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I just bought an F3 last week so that I can start learning film.  If you are interested in donating them to a college kid trying to learn photography just let me know! haha
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, there are a lot of places you can donate the cameras to.  They aren't worth much, so it is better to donate them than throw them away.  There is a place called The Film Photography Project where you can also send it.  They send donated cameras to schools and 3rd world programs such as photography projects in African villages
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:41:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Call your local high school and see if they have a photo class.  Many high schools still have film-based photo classes and I'm sure a few students would love to have a film camera for their class.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Have you considered putting some film in them?  I still shoot my ae-1 program once in a while and it shoots just as good as ever, awful squeal and all. The AE 1 is light weight, compact, and super simple. What's not to love?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a Canon AE-1 with a couple lenses.  I went through a roll of film several years ago and even bought a cable release for it.   I didn't know enough about using manual settings to get the most out of it though.  Used to be my grandfather's so I won't be getting rid of it.  Sits in the safe for now, but I'll probably give it a go again someday.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top