Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2001 7:17:25 PM EDT
I'm interested in finding out what the gun laws are in Northwestern Indiana, especially Lake County, as I am considering moving there. Are there different laws for different villages in the county?

Detailed response would be appreciated.
Regards,
FRIZ
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Where at in Lake Co.?

You move, you get a CCW, you walk in to any gunshop that tickles your fancy, you walk out in 5 minutes with your new 229 & G-30 backup. No instant background check (NICS). It takes as long as you take to hand over the $, & fill in a 4473.

That's it, all over Lake Co. (& the rest of IN) Unless you were talking about beautiful downtown Gary.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 3:31:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi Chicago:
Thank you.
FRIZ
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 4:21:00 AM EDT
[#3]
hey FRIZ.  Like it was aid before Lake county is the same as all of IN. Very Gun friendly. Indiana has CCW,Class 3. And in Northwest In there usualy a gun show every other month with in a 30 min drive. Also I live in NW indiana and so does Wilsonn and a "I just got onw" along with probly a few other guys I dont know. I shoot once a month at a public range but this year I will be joining a private range. So let us know what town you are considering moving to and then we can give you more info about it. But the gun laws in Indiana are very good.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 5:58:57 AM EDT
[#4]
The gun shows at Crown Point and Valpo are usually pretty good ones too.
Just avoid Gary.
I wish Indiana could just give Gary to Chicago.
It would sure clean up the rest of the state.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 8:31:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Come on out, you won't regret it. Find a nice neighborhood and settle in. In the early 90s I moved to Illinois to land a job in Chicago. After two years of BS gun laws I moved to Lake County, IN and will never go back.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:50:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey guys...I also am in Indiana and saw this topic fit to get my name in here and establish contact w/ fellow Hoosiers!!!  Mr. Friz, you should look into moving from the "Dark Side" to the "Right Side"...especially with all of that new BullSh!t legislation that I am reading about in Illinois!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top