Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2001 5:40:07 AM EDT
A while back someone posted what cardboards they used to modify a 7-pocket bandolier so it would carry 3,10-round strippers in each pocket instead of the standard 2.

I can't remember what it was that they used. I think the original post was on the old board.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:18:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody? Come on lets get those tin-foil thinking hats on:)

I remember someone posting that all they had to do was to cut up a commonly available package of some type.

What was the box they cut up?
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 8:54:12 AM EDT
[#2]
If you buy a 4 pocket bandolier that includes the hardware, it comes with the 3 stripper clip cardboards.  What the guy did was take one of those apart and use it as a template to make more cardboards out of boxes that are used for post office priority mail.

I guess if you asked nicely I could ask my friend for one of the cardboards he has and I could draw up a template for you.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Uh, just wondering, how does one cardboard help you hold two?  In a 7 pocket, I can get one loaded stripper clip into the cardboard, and stick the other one just loose in the pocket.  Am i doing something wrong?

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Dano

I use my Federal American Eagle box, measure the height necessary to cover the entire clip, and break out the kitchen shears.  If you use the AE boxes you can fit 3 loaded 10 round stripper clips in each box if you alternate the direction of each clip. (1st clip facing right, 2nd clip facing left, 3rd clip facing right)
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 2:51:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Imbrog|io,

A template? Yes, that would be very nice, thank you. I would appreicate if you could post it here for everyone to share, and, if its not too much trouble, email me a copy. Thank you very much.

DontTouchMyGuns,

Thanks. I'll also go look for some of those boxes.

Kharn,

Yes, the standard 7-pocket cardboards hold 2 10-round strippers clips. Both clips go point down in a snug and rattle free package.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#7]
OOPS!

Troy is correct. The 5.56 strippers fit one on top of the other with bullet points in opposite directions.

I was thinking of the 7.62 strippers earlier. Sorry for the misdirection.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:58:20 PM EDT
[#8]
You guys have tooooo much free time, just put them in without cardboard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top