Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2016 10:54:44 AM EDT
So I am here sitting on a bench in Darmstadt Germany, where I take a 2 day training for my company..

I couldn't help thinking earlier today when flying in the skies above Frankfurt that decades ago these same skies I was looking at were the theatre of some of the most epic and terryfing air battles in history.

I couldn't help thinking that these same clouds I was looking at meant life or death to some people my age and younger 70ish years ago.

I couldn't help thinking that the city I was looking at was once a target to be destroyed and burned to the ground !

All those life's lost around here...

I know, cool story brah...

But i have been to Normandy, I have been to verdun, I have been to little big horn... I like to mention those. Let's not forget that when you are flying over Europe you visit glorious battlefields too !
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is California there is a battle field from the Modoc Indian War. Very cool place to visit that no one knows about.

The winter of 1872-1873 was a troubled one in the Lava Beds, where a small band of Modoc Indians was beseiged by a US Army force outnumbering them as much as ten to one. The majority of the battlefields of this conflict, known as the Modoc War, are located within the monument and are still preserved today.

Lava Tube National Park
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top