Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2005 3:01:26 PM EDT
is there a font i can use in word to get the same font?

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Would it be Old English Script ?
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#2]
From a grave in Virginia.

The "font" of those documents was handwritten.  Once upon a time people were taught to write neatly, to write "you" not "u", and "are", not "r".  They wrote precisely, clearly.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#3]
FFS.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

have any ideal where i can download this font from?don't have it listed in word.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:29:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

have any ideal where i can download this font from?don't have it listed in word.

It isn't a font; it is handwritten.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The "font" of those documents was handwritten.  Once upon a time people were taught to write neatly, to write "you" not "u", and "are", not "r".  They wrote precisely, clearly.

then why the Hell  SCOTUS can't read and understand it
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a couple of fonts that look fairly similar; if ya like, I'd be glad to e-mail 'em to ya.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

then why the Hell  SCOTUS can't read and understand it

Yeah, might as well be written in "Wing-dings".
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have a couple of fonts that look fairly similar; if ya like, I'd be glad to e-mail 'em to ya.

im inbound
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

im inbound

And replied to...gathering up some to send as I type.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Nice.  All these guys giving you a hard time don't realize that there are font companies that specialize in digitalizing old writing into word processor fonts.

I used to have DaVinci font. It was cool. Text examples from the masters handwriting.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Open Word (if you have it) and try various fonts.  You may need to use a combination of fonts, one font for the large capital letters, another for the smaller script.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I remember when penmanship was part of your mark on an essay.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#15]
just wanted the font to play around with a pic:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top