Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/22/2016 9:02:37 AM EDT
Just some thoughts for GD this morning :

So naturally when I heard both of the titled events (target allows people to use bathrooms based on their gender identity, and that they're going to put Harriet Tubman on the 20 dollar bill), I was a tad annoyed. There are just so many things out there that actually matter, yet this country is exploding over who can use the women's bathroom and how to get women on our money.  Neither of these things affect me at all so I don't really care.  I'm not religiously offended and my money is still worth the same (for now).  I'm more annoyed that it's even an issue.  Regardless, I think that some folks are blowing this out of the water, especially when we as "gun-toting patriots" really should be supporting it.

Target's decision basically allows people to use whichever bathroom they feel more comfortable in. The leading argument in opposition states that this will allow predators access to women and children and put them at risk.  Really?  Besides the fact that such cases are exceptionally rare, all that was preventing them from doing so before was a sign on the door that said "women only".  Reminds me pretty strongly of "No guns allowed"; all either sign did was keep out good/harmless/honest people.  If bad guys are going to do something illegal, they aren't going to stop because of a sign.  Sure it makes us uncomfortable, but who cares?  I'd use this opportunity to persuade target to rethink its firearms policy, since it's apparent that signs do nothing and that the burden is on others to respect an individual right.

With respect to Harriet Tubman,:  yea, It's annoying to have a sudden push for women in everything when It's really not necessary.  Kind of like how the oscars are racist and everyone is underrepresented, it's annoying and hardcore social justicing.  With that said, I'm fine with Harriet Tubman on the 20, she embodies real American Values.  She was a gun toting rebel that dedicated her life to the liberty of her fellow Americans by doing what was right in the face of a tyrannical government.  How is that not awesome?  I think we need more people like that on our money.

It's only natural to hate whatever the liberals try to do, and the way that they went about it is all wrong.  However, let's not act like the outcome is really that bad.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Join Date.  Location.

I'm out.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:10:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Join Date.  Location.

I'm out.
View Quote

How did I know that was going to be the first comment ...  Yea I finally made an account a few months ago.  Yea, I live in rural NY.  God forbid we have an intelligent discussion on the matter.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#3]
My mom said Harriet Tubman had cankles.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I already have a solution to the Target bathroom issue, I think I read it here someplace.......
Just go in and start leaving the seats up.....
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Your statement about Target and those type situations being extremely rare is probable correct. But aren't transgender queers extremely rare also. It seems Target wants to offend 99% of their public to protect the few. They offended me and I'll never spend a penny there again. So now that we know your trolling for the Libtards go back to your basement.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Ho-hum. Ho-hum.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Legitimate points are legitimate. No argument here.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I woke up this morning and had but one thought screaming through my mind. That was, "I really need to know what bes53187 thinks about current events in great detail!"

I saw this post, and was enthralled!  I said, "LORD, MY PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED!!"  I opened the thread, but was confused.  This was not the position I had expected from our beloved bes53187.

Then I saw the screen name.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My mom said Harriet Tubman had cankles.
View Quote

Pics?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#10]
My wife frequently shops at Target. If some cross dressing F****t goes in there when she is using the facility, it's gonna get messy. She will not put up with that shit and neither will I.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Your statement about Target and those type situations being extremely rare is probable correct. But aren't transgender queers extremely rare also. It seems Target wants to offend 99% of their public to protect the few. They offended me and I'll never spend a penny there again. So now that we know your trolling for the Libtards go back to your basement.
View Quote

Pretty myopic thinking if you believe that Target's decision will offend "99%" of the public.

Adding up the liberals who think this is some sort of victory, and the apathetic, who don't care and will continue to shop at Target, I'm guessing that's easily more than 50% of the buying public.

Target's a business. I'm sure they put a lot of thought into what side of the issue to come down on.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My wife frequently shops at Target. If some cross dressing F****t goes in there when she is using the facility, it's gonna get messy. She will not put up with that shit and neither will I.
View Quote

How is she going to know?  Concealed means concealed.  Is she going to check every stall?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
.....My wife frequently shops at Target. .....
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#14]
It's Tubman because she's a woman, she's black, and they hate Andy for killing los Bancos de Estados Unidos.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:41:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really?

So you go to the wolfs den, one of the most liberal companies in America, who is also rabid anti-gun, anti just about everything you stand for, and you give them your business and money.... and then protest their own property policies?

It's their own private property, their rules.  Take your business elsewhere and support someone who gives a damn about your morals and constitutional rights.

Reminds me of the people who protest that Cabellas and Bass Pro sells guns.... because it makes them feel unsafe when they shop there....

What exactly did you expect?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I agree with  OP.  Harriet Tubman was bad to the bone.  And signs forbidding shit generally suck.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:44:39 AM EDT
[#17]
I have no issue with Harriet Tubman being on the 20. I don't care.

I have a big problem with this whole bathroom mess. I mean WTF??!! If you have a dick, use the mens room, if you don't, use the ladies room. Duh...
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:56:19 AM EDT
[#18]
This is how you slide a conversation.  Good attempt OP.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I will never use cash again once the SJW $20 goes into circulation, it's 100% pandering, and Fuck Target, I'll never set foot in one again.  I believe homosexuality is wrong and I won't support a business that promotes it.

If you don't like my position, you can blow me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Really?

So you go to the wolfs den, one of the most liberal companies in America, who is also rabid anti-gun, anti just about everything you stand for, and you give them your business and money.... and then protest their own property policies?

It's their own private property, their rules.  Take your business elsewhere and support someone who gives a damn about your morals and constitutional rights.

Reminds me of the people who protest that Cabellas and Bass Pro sells guns.... because it makes them feel unsafe when they shop there....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

We shop at Target to specifically avoid Wal-Mart during FSA spending sprees. Lots of hot moms in yoga pants and the wife doesn't mind me looking either.

A f****t in a dress will not be hard to spot there either. If it comes down to it, I will be accompanying my wife in the bathroom from now on. I don't give a fuck if there is a rare occurrence of sex offenders using these new laws to their advantage. I will not allow my wife to become that rare occurrence. Stand up for the women you love and share your life with and this shit will fucking stop before it becomes an issue. Make no mistake about it, these fucking liberals are tearing down this nation, one moral at a time.

When it comes to my families safety that is my line in the sand, my hill to die on, so to speak.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Neither affect or concern me at all.  I have a job, kids, and a life.  I have other distractions.

I will say, I wish the government would spend time on real problems instead of feel good bullshit, but this isn't specifically aimed at the tubman 20 thing
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:01:37 AM EDT
[#22]
TL,DR
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:02:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Pretty myopic thinking if you believe that Target's decision will offend "99%" of the public.

Adding up the liberals who think this is some sort of victory, and the apathetic, who don't care and will continue to shop at Target, I'm guessing that's easily more than 50% of the buying public.

Target's a business. I'm sure they put a lot of thought into what side of the issue to come down on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So your saying if some Pinko wants to pee with your mom, wife, or daughter it's okay with you. Op that's pretty sad. And 90% of the people I've talked about aren't going back. So I'm not sure where you got your 50% from.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#24]
No one cares what you think
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:02:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How did I know that was going to be the first comment ...  Yea I finally made an account a few months ago.  Yea, I live in rural NY.  God forbid we have an intelligent discussion on the matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Join Date.  Location.

I'm out.

You came to the wrong place for that son
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

If it's so rare why are you so offended?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:05:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

You and your wife are so mentally unstable that you would assault someone minding their own business using the restroom?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Neither of these things affect me at all so I don't really care.
View Quote

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#29]
1: distraction from what's really going on, example; NSA giving law enforcement nonwarrant access to their files on citizens.

2: endgame of pushing child sex into the mainstream
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You and your wife are so mentally unstable that you would assault someone minding their own business using the restroom?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did I say we would assault someone? I just said we won't put up with that shit. If any assault is going on, it will be in self-defense
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:14:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your a sad little person op.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#33]
I don't have any love for Andrew Jackson...  so I don't really mind Harriet Tubman replacing him on the twenty.  

As for the bathroom deal?  You are a moron if you believe that this is really about bathrooms.  It's just another attempt at upsetting the cultural norm in this country, and stifling any argument against it, as bigoted.  

It's an attempt to silence free speech.  Anyone who is against penis's in the women's room is cruel, intolerant, bigoted, blah.... blah.... blah....   It's part of the bigger plan to silence opposition to the social justice movement.  

Even if a person has a closely head religious view that homosexuality / trans-dom is deviant behavior, and it's and against YOUR beliefs, you are dismissed, and your religious beliefs are trounced.  

You see...  this is a one way street...  YOU must be tolerant to their views, but they don't have to be tolerant to yours.  It's ingenious, really.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:16:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Where did I say we would assault someone? I just said we won't put up with that shit. If any assault is going on, it will be in self-defense
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You said things would get messy. How?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So your saying if some Pinko wants to pee with your mom, wife, or daughter it's okay with you. Op that's pretty sad. And 90% of the people I've talked about aren't going back. So I'm not sure where you got your 50% from.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you mean to quote someone else? I only ask because your reply has no connection whatsoever to what I posted.

And 90% of the people I've talked about aren't going back.

Oh, well, it's settled then.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#37]

My town does not even have a Target but I don't care for them anyway.  They will let some perve go in the womens bathroom but they will not let the Salvation army put a red kettle at their door during Christmas..  Goes to show where their priorities lie.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't have any love for Andrew Jackson...  so I don't really mind Harriet Tubman replacing him on the twenty.  

As for the bathroom deal?  You are a moron if you believe that this is really about bathrooms.  It's just another attempt at upsetting the cultural norm in this country, and stifling any argument against it, as bigoted.  

It's an attempt to silence free speech.  Anyone who is against penis's in the women's room is cruel, intolerant, bigoted, blah.... blah.... blah....   It's part of the bigger plan to silence opposition to the social justice movement.  

Even if a person has a closely head religious view that homosexuality / trans-dom is deviant behavior, and it's and against YOUR beliefs, you are dismissed, and your religious beliefs are trounced.  

You see...  this is a one way street...  YOU must be tolerant to their views, but they don't have to be tolerant to yours.  It's ingenious, really.  

View Quote

This.  Glad I'm not the only one who sees this for what it really is: the One Way street of liberal tolerance, and I'm glad my Governor sees this the same way I do.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#39]
New York values shining through again!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I will never use cash again once the SJW $20 goes into circulation, it's 100% pandering, and Fuck Target, I'll never set foot in one again.  I believe homosexuality is wrong and I won't support a business that promotes it.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

And in was state she would be arrested for interfering with the protected privilege of said person to look and watch.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuckin' LOL
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#43]
When did Target ban guns?  I have seen no such sign in any of the Targets I shop at and I open carry.  

As far as the restroom, if I see some tranny peeing the restroom, I'll go pee on it to assert dominance.  Problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

And in was state she would be arrested for interfering with the protected privilege of said person to look and watch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look and watch what, exactly? Stalls are enclosed. At most, they could see her washing her hands at the sink once she's done.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#45]
The Marxist Party and Social Justice Whiners just trying to irritate us. No surprise. Adjust accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:45:25 AM EDT
[#46]

So what happens to the urinals? Since women can't use them is it insensitive to have them in bathrooms used by both genders? I see a lot of waiting for a stall to open in our future, gentlemen.

Ain't no body got time fo dat!

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Look and watch what, exactly? Stalls are enclosed. At most, they could see her washing her hands at the sink once she's done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think some countries only have one bathroom, with the stalls enclosed. This whole thing is stupid. What is happening to america
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I will be using a lot of tens.

I have no issue with the person.  I have issues with the reason they are pissing down our necks with it.  

The bathroom agenda is really stupid.  Unisex bathrooms should be the answer, however, it seems to offend the SJWs.  They just want to push the issue in everyones face.  Just like the gay agenda.  They can quietly suck dicks while the rest of us eat pussy.  Pussy eating males don't flamboyantly declare to the world they love pussy and throw an agenda in people's faces.  There is no pussy eaters pride parade.  

I am glad all of the world's problems are solved so our government can push these SJ changes on the masses.

I do entertain the idea of a hot chick hiking up her skirt, pinching her lips, and pissing in the urinal.  

Maybe they could put Bruce Kardashian on the $20, sitting down to pee in a Target.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I already have a solution to the Target bathroom issue, I think I read it here someplace.......
Just go in and start leaving the seats up.....
View Quote

Now that will resolve the issue real quick with all the real women bitching about the seats being left up!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Should have added your thoughts on Trump in this thread to make it a Trifecta of current events.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top