Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 1:39:41 PM EDT
OK so I just noticed in my new house that I've had two power surges so far. The first was in windy weather, so I just shrugged it off. But today I came home to all the clocks blinking, and it was good weather outside. The previous owner redid all of the electrical throughout the whole house himself, and had it all certified. I'm worried that there might be a problem although I don't know what. Is there something simple (and hopefully cheap) that I can check/fix? Like a bad fuse or something? Or is this the sign of a bigger problem that will require an electrician?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the problem is your power coming in. Call your supplier and bitch.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you had a power outage during the day. Has nothing to do with your home electrical system.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#3]
When I bought my house I had the same problem. (my house was built in the 50's) I looked all over the house and about drove my wife nuts looking under all the switch plates.
Finally I called somebody that knew what they were doing. He came out looked around and found out that the power from the pole was loose where it attached to the house. Who the hell would have thunk it?

Check it out, you never know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top