Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2002 3:46:17 AM EDT
I want to put an M4 pre-ban upper on my pre-ban lower I am looking at several 16" ones on add boards but really want the 14.5 other than the $200 registration fee (Federal) does the state have any restrictions,can they just say no SBR and thats it?
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#1]
My understanding is Michigan is a NON-NFA state except for some C&R, thus those MG on that list are allowed (I heard this from a fella at the Richmond-IN subgun shoot last week). The SBR issue has been here before, do a search. Come to OH, we let you have SBR, SBS, AOW, MG and suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Why dont you save the $200 and get your 14.5" bbl upper with a flash suppressor permanently attached and you are all set with a legal 16" bbl.

[beer]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My understanding is Michigan is a NON-NFA state except for some C&R, thus those MG on that list are allowed (I heard this from a fella at the Richmond-IN subgun shoot last week). The SBR issue has been here before, do a search. Come to OH, we let you have SBR, SBS, AOW, MG and suppressor.
View Quote

This is correct.  I am not sure of the specific MI statute, but you can look on findlaw.com and do a search in MI laws with "SBR".  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top