Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2015 10:57:30 PM EDT
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/29436073/poll-finds-very-high-degree-of-public-confidence-in-minnesota-police

Survey results

90 percent of those surveyed in Minnesota approve of the way their “local police force handles its job"

91 percent felt the safety in the area in which they live in is either excellent or good

86 percent said they have had mostly positive “personal interactions with the local police in [their] area.”

86 percent said they trust “local law enforcement officers to use good judgment in their use of deadly force”

Impact of recent events involving police

55 percent of survey participants said “recent events around the country regarding violence involving police officers” have not altered their “perception of law enforcement in [their] local area” at all

24 percent said recent events have had “very little” impact on their perception

14 percent reported “somewhat” and 5 percent reported “a great deal”
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]

My friend, Curt, did not respect or feel any sort of confidence in Minnesota law enforcement officers.

Then again, Curt was on his third DUI.....so, there's that.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I was standing in line at a gas station, buying a snack and dude in front of me paid for it without me knowing...

He then turned around and said "Anybody who really matters still like the police."

He took a sip from his straw and walked out...

that is so true.

GD doesn't really matter to anyone.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 5:57:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Google 'Minneapolis Gang Strike Force' if you think the Minneapolis police are 'good'.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:23:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Google 'Minneapolis Gang Strike Force' if you think the Minneapolis police are 'good'.
View Quote

That's like saying "Google Nazis if you think guns are good".
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isolated incident.
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:32:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

So, you are the 10%?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:42:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Unlike most of GD's lifelong mental teenagers, I do not have an anti authority chip on my shoulder.

On balance, I like most cops and appreciate the job they do.

I also know I could never do that job.

A man has to know his limitations, and that is one of mine.

Having made that observation, it does not mean that I believe my 2A rights and appreciation for LE are mutually exclusive.  Please feel free to drop by my house, Johnny Law, to draw a chalk outline around any potential home invaders of the Pilum family residence.

Carry on, LEO's.  Keep up the good work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top