Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2001 6:55:54 AM EDT
Pet peeves, what are yours?  Lets hear em...

Mine:

People who dont use blinkers
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#1]
When someone leaves a cigarette burning until the filter is smoking. I can't stand that smell!

When people mis-pronounce simple words, like pronouncing "Nuclear" as "Nucyular".

Link Posted: 3/9/2001 7:38:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Hippies..... I HATE HIPPIES!!!!

When my mags fail to feed...
When people mispronouce/misspell Marine "Corps..."

When my girlfriend chews with her mouth open. She doesn't do it all the time though. And when she starts yapping when I am watching something on TV or listening to Rush.

Link Posted: 3/9/2001 7:40:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey, Death_by_AR15, a lot of us used to be hippies back in the sixties before we went in the military.[:D]
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#4]
People who run Stop signs. (And total month old trucks...)
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 7:44:26 AM EDT
[#5]
When the media outright lies or exaggerates.  And it happens hourly.

I'm an angry individual.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 7:45:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry Larry. I still hate hippes. But I'm glad you saw the light and came over to the good side!
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 7:54:24 AM EDT
[#7]
When someone says "I could care less."

Well if you could care less, how much less could you care??? Wouldn't this mean that you do care???

How about getting the phrase correct: "I couldn't care less."

I'm sure all of you out there feel better now that you know what bothers me....
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#8]
[Note for Death:  I have long hair but I'm no Hippie.  See you at a highpower match some day.]

My main pet peeves all involve driving and cars:

- Leaving engine running while going into Zippy mart for smokes, etc.  When I was a teenager some of my bolder friends used to steal cars (at least ones with out-of-state plates) and drive them into Mission Bay when their owners did this.  It was pretty funny watching a Cadillac or Lincoln go blub, blub, blub down the boat launching ramp.

- Hanging lit cigarette out of the window while driving.  What is the point of doing this?  Is the smoke OK for your lungs but not for the interior of your car?  Are you trying to keep your ashtray in pristine condition?  Keep your damn hands on the steering wheel.

- Throwing lit cigarette butts out of the window.  That's how the last big fire in San Diego County started.

- Emptying ashtry on the road.

[OK, that's enough dumping on inconsiderate smokers.]

- Failure to use turn signals!!!

- Blocking the fast lane, or going way too slow in any lane.

- Driving too fast, especially in front of my house.

- Blaring loud music of any kind, especially rap.

- Talking on cell phone while driving.  (Does not apply to hands-free phones.)

- Reading newspaper, map, etc. or shaving, putting on makeup, eating breakfast, trimming nose hairs, etc. while driving.

- Parking in a handicapped spot or fire lane while you stop at Rubio's for a fish taco.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 8:10:58 AM EDT
[#9]
People who think it is cool to tell about stealing someones vehicle when they where a kid and laugh about it.

Kids who have let MTV influence their dress code and their speech and mannerisms.(baggy jeans at their knees,fake gold,and the ghetto talk)

IGNORANCE!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 8:22:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Hipocrites
Liberals (almost the same thing)
Mall Ninjas (see: swat)
Femenists (see: liberals)
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#14]
People who stop in the middle of sidewalks to talk to their friends, or look around, at a map, etc.

People who stop for me when I'm trying to cross the street when they are the only car coming.

People that think its okay to be in an expensive restaurant with a screaming child and not take it outside.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Top 3 car related pet peeves:

3- People who don't know what that little stick on the left side of the steering column is. This is especially aggravating when trying to turn out of a parking lot into heavy traffic.  I have to call Ms. Cleo so she can tell me if the next car is turning into the lot or going straight.

2- People who stop 2+ car lengths behind the car in front of them at the stop light. What in the hell is the deal with that? Poor depth perception? I have heard one excuse is so they have enough room to drive into another lane to get away from a car jacker. Ya well, that sounds all fine and good, but who in their right mind is going to want to jack a POS 1983 primer gray Celica with a dragging muffler?

1- People who think they are exempt from parking their car in a stall and chose to instead just stop in front of the store, not only obstructing traffic, but also blocking in parked cars. This pisses me off to NO END, especially in those strip mall type places.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#16]
old girlfriends that dont understand the word "NO"

inconsiderate salespeople

telemarketers

anything that says "balance due"
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 9:48:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Foot dragging and heel scuffing, when people don't pick up their damned feet when they walk.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Thank you MrP and Duffypoo.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#19]
People who list their pet peeves.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#20]
I had a pet peeve when I was a kid but it ran away and got hit by a car.

[}:D]
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#21]
1)  Drive thru pre-recorded messages.  'Hi, my
   name is Samantha, would you like to try a
   combo?'  No Samantha actually works there.
   Yes, I asked.
2)  Asking a liberal individual why they like
   a particular politician.  'I think he was
   a great president'.  "Why?".  'I just
   do'.  "Could you elaborate?"  'I think he
   was good for the country'.  "Could you
   state some examples of legislation or
   initiatives you liked?"  
   'He's good looking'.
3)  Any governor named 'Paris'
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Boy! Now I feel so much better!!

Link Posted: 3/9/2001 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Hker...  You trying to get a rant post going..?   ;)

I normally couldn't give a rats ass about Faggots.....  The way I look at it that's all the more Poontang for me....  But when I walk into a restaurant and some pink shirted
homo sexual Dick is giving me the up and down look like the he just undressed me is sometimes a little more than I care to take...  I walked up to this Faggot one time in a Chinese Buffet and told him I wouldn't hesitate to drop him to the floor If I even caught him Glancing towards me again...    After I sat down I got to thinking about what I said to him him...  [rolleyes]  

The Fairy left after that....  Probably went home to jack off....  
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Uneducated Black people, actually most Black people who say "AX" instead of "ASK"!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely PISSES ME OFF.  
Any fast food joint where English is used as a second language.
I'd better quit now.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Actually, EVERYTHING pisses me off!!!

Link Posted: 3/9/2001 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Damn realist,
You are still going to the Chinese Buffets? [:P]

The pink shirted guy was probably salivating while fantasizing about what you were going to do after you dropped him to the floor...[red]you big stud![/red][:X*]
View Quote

LMAO...  No, this happened 3 years ago...

I wasn't having a good day I guess...  [:(!]

Hey.. I want my :rolleyes: back !!!!!  

Link Posted: 3/9/2001 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#28]
i also dont core for "afro-vurse" like AX

what really pisses me of
rap music, not just the music(which i do hate)but when all the local negro wannabes (figure that out??) drive by my house with the cars so packed with "subs" their low freq. growl can knock stuff off my walls. i had a cousin that had a 11,000$ system in a 800$ blazer (yes 11 THOUSAND) and he is a loser with no job. when i hear that crap i sit on my roof all night with a LAW on my shoulder vaporizing passing ghetto cruisers.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I have to agree with Early Chow Recruit on his choices:

Hipocrites
Liberals (almost the same thing)
Mall Ninjas (see: swat)
Femenists (see: liberals)
That's a damn good call, and hard to beat. I would like to add to my list the people who prefer to walk on the road when there is a sidewalk. Do they just want to die? If I hit one of those bastards and notice that they are still kicking, I am turning aroung to finish the job....

Nah, just kidding! I would never do that...
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I HATE people who don't agree with me 98% of the time. It's like they don't even want to let me finish what I have to say, and ready to prove me wrong.(i.e. ME: "My name is ET..." PERSON: "Liar, that's not your name!")[pissed]

Secondly, people who I classify as stupid because they don't know the things that I think everyone should know. [spank]
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#31]
When I buy a 12 pack of Coke and while putting it in the fridge realize one can is empty. I hate it when that happens. And to those who want to ban cell phone use while driving, SCREW YOU. Just cause you can't drive and talk doesn't mean I can't.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Idiots that drive like they own the streets and don't pay attention to the other people on the road.
ie: don't use turn signals
don't come to a complete stop at 4 way intersections.
Pull out in front of you going real slow and making you slam on your brakes.
Then there are the ones that give you a dirty, nasty look like your the one driving crazy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Young white idiots that talk like ghetto trash.
"yo,yo 'ssupp homy, lez sco a couple '40s"
I also just really hate STUPID people !!
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#34]
mine are

1)teenagers with no respect(we were never this bad)
2)adults with no respect
3)people who think guns kill by themselves
4)foriegners living here without the f'en respect to even learn our language
5)wife says hers is "underwear left behind bathroom door"
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#35]
In no particular order:
- People who do not walk on the right side of the sidewalk.
- People who can not drive at a constant speed, especially on the highway.
- People who speed up when they are being passed.
- People who slow down after passing.
- MINIVANS! or any other type of vehicle some idiot (not trying to be gender specific here) thinks that they can drive like its a tank. I do have a special hatred for minivans in particular though.
- Any type of bad driving.
- College fraternaty "brothers" (thats the part that has always bugged me)
- "Moderates" many are even proud of this label.  To me it is a synonym for idiot.

The biggest one would probably have to be people who want to redistribute wealth (and it certainly isn't because I'm hoarding it all).  This goes hand in hand with people who want what they have not earned, or even worse - people who think they have earned what they have not earned.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Moving heavy furniture at night, with your little toe, when the phone rings at 2:00 am, only to find out it`s a wrong number.
Trying to get out of the house cause your late, and you break a shoelace, and you KNOW you dont have an extra.
People who think the AR series of rifles are JAM-O-MATICS.
Call waiting.
Running out of toilet paper and doing the penguin shuffle.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#37]
typing to people that i do not know
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#38]
I hate seeing 30 or 40 of these >>Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: LMAO ROTFL when I open my mail. 99% aren't funny. Ax me! I could care less. Irregardless....

AND... Can I really save a dying kid by fowarding a goddamned chain letter? Or will I earn $3574.77 by fowarding e-mails that these morons send me????

Don't even get me stared on the stupid e-hoaxes. Needles in pay phones and movie seats. Ugh
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top