Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2002 7:39:40 PM EDT
The last few days I've really felt like getting into a good debate... I guess the rape thread sufficed.  Little disappointed it didn't get a little more heated. [}:D]

Anyway, just wanted to say I feel better now. [:D]

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Why on earth would you want [i]that[/i] thread to get heated ? What got a secret fantasy or something ?
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Nah... not that I enjoyed the topic... I enjoy the debate.  

::sigh::  I miss the days when we argued about controversial topics and everyone got all riled up and things were hoppin' on the board.  Just getting nostaligic.... [;)]

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope he can get past the whole rape thing. Some guys find it real hard to do.
Yep, I know what I am talking about.

As far as debates go, it seems like the mods smack down most lively debates pretty quick these days, or even join/start them.

Who can argue with that?  [:)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad yer feelin' better..   That subject upsets me..  It's like being at work..   Let's argue about gay rights or illegals or why we should learn to speak Spanish..[:D]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Sara, I always heard that pigs are much smarter than horses. Thats true, isn't it?
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL [devil]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Hmmmm.  I don't know.  I know they say pigs are very intelligent but I don't know how they are measuring intelligence.  Is it relative to how humans learn and interpret things or how the animal would naturally behave?  

Horses are very intelligent but they are fight or flight animals and so they don't respond to testing the same way a pig or even a rat would.  Interesting.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So, um, paper or plastic? [;D]
View Quote
...MM....my friend,can I call you my friend?....I really do not see how anyone can take any opinions posted here as anything other than that ....opinions.Although some one posting on a debated subject might have more expirence with the issue than someone else......I think we'd all agree....any girl that knows how to hold,shoot,and treat a firearm,as well as "Rassel"around on the ground and come out on top is a keeper![;)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Now that I've had time to think about it , tell us [i]exactly[/i] what was going on in your mind Miss_Magnum while you were choking WaveRunner at BRC ???
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I really do not see how anyone can take any opinions posted here as anything other than that ....opinions.
View Quote

Agree wholeheartedly!  But that's what I enjoy about an intelligent, well-thought out debate.... the exchange of opinions and the relaying of how the foundation for those opinions was formed.  I think it's healthy to question things... even your own views on the world, just so long as you come up with an honest answer that you can live with.

Some of the best conversations I've had have been with people who were on the other side of the coin than myself on an issue.... sitting down and whittling away on a topic helps both parties learn more (if you're willing) and may even change how you see things.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I was just using your example DoubleFeed...... AR vs AK,God vs NoGod,Paper vs Plastic,...........How's about whats the best firearm?[;)]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Now that I've had time to think about it , tell us [i]exactly[/i] what was going on in your mind Miss_Magnum while you were choking WaveRunner at BRC ???
View Quote

Two things....

1) I'm not getting this choke right.  I need to tighten up on my form.

2) Would somebody please take the cigarette out of my mouth? [:D]

Shortly thereafter, I became blinded by flashing cameras.  

I can be mature when it's appropriate but I still like to play.  I think there is still merit in a good fart joke or assembling an ATV/Supersoaker assault team or simply being involved in a good wrassling match.    
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
...that's what I enjoy about an intelligent, well-thought out debate.... the exchange of opinions and the relaying of how the foundation for those opinions was formed.  I think it's healthy to question things... even your own views on the world, just so long as you come up with an honest answer that you can live with.

Some of the best conversations I've had have been with people who were on the other side of the coin than myself on an issue.... sitting down and whittling away on a topic helps both parties learn more (if you're willing) and may even change how you see things.
View Quote

amen.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

2) Would somebody please take the cigarette out of my mouth? [:D]
View Quote

I guess I had too much time waiting for the US/S. Korea game to come on...

And if you want more lively discussions... isn't McUzi back, or did get booted already? [;)]

[img]http://www.otsports.com/dave/nocig.jpg[/img]

(edited for a bunch of reasons)
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Fart jokes ? Hell we use to have fart contest while on manuevers in Bavaria . It gets mighty boring when there are 8 of ya in a GP medium tent pitched in 6 feet of snow during a Alpine snowstorm . So on that note whats best for good ole gas production ; MREs or those newfangled T-Rations ? Please give answers in complete sentences .
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The last few days I've really felt like getting into a good debate... I guess the rape thread sufficed.  Little disappointed it didn't get a little more heated. [}:D]

Anyway, just wanted to say I feel better now. [:D]

View Quote

I wish you would fight with me so I be in on the "making up" part!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top