Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/31/2015 10:31:54 AM EDT
Wasn't going to post this cause of the new drama. but it'll be posted eventually anyway.

Peoria, Illinois -- A disturbing video from a viewer shows what appears to be a Peoria Police officer whipping and kicking his own police dog. The viewer, who wishes to remain anonymous, said it happened Saturday afternoon at 8831 W. Becker Lane in Peoria.
View Quote

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news/2015/08/30/officer-whips-kicks-k-9-video-police-investigating/71421232/

If dupe don't shoot.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Now there's a stable, well-adjusted individual that should be responsible for enforcing the laws of the land!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#2]
That wasn't a stomp and he popped it with the lead.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#3]
This should go well.

I'm not sure I'd call that "whipping", "kicking" or "a puppy" but that said, I have zero idea what techniques are used with K9's for compliance/guidance/instruction/etc

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now there's a stable, well-adjusted individual that should be responsible for enforcing the laws of the land!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I watched the video.  I'm still waiting for the "kicking". "stomping", and "whipping".

A police working dog sure as hell isn't a "puppy" either.

We are becoming a nation of pussies.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I watched the video.  I'm still waiting for the "kicking". "stomping", and "whipping".

View Quote

I didn't make the title, just what the article says.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm gonna have to go with "the lady doesn't know WTF she's talking about" and more than likely, that's what the trainers teach the officer to do when the animal is not performing properly. Looked to me like the "stomp" was actually the officer pushing the dog in the back or to the side with his foot. PETA bullshit smell is strong in this video.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could probably find an article that says Nebraskans prefer sex with kangaroos.  That doesn't make it accurate and it doesn't mean that I should spread it to be sensationalist.  It's OK to use critical thinking skills.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Didn't seem bad to me. But he might not their best option for a k9 officer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Assaulting a K9 is a federal crime is it not?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:47:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Drama.  He didn't whip him, he was trying to get his attention.  Not sure what the foot thing was, video wasn't clear.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That one officer clearly assaulted the other.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm gonna have to go with "the lady doesn't know WTF she's talking about" and more than likely, that's what the trainers teach the officer to do when the animal is not performing properly. Looked to me like the "stomp" was actually the officer pushing the dog in the back or to the side with his foot. PETA bullshit smell is strong in this video.
View Quote

I'll be the first one to cry foul if it's actual animal abuse.

That video didn't show actual animal abuse.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

The pop with the lead was just an attention getter, nowhere near a full strength whip.

Sometime dogs get a little hard headed and you have to remind them to pay attention.

Not seeing a problem here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#17]

What a bunch of drama queens. I hate when people get butt hurt about stupid shit. It distracts from serious cases.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#18]
2 bans, 1 time-out, and a lock
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:50:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

They appear to be local police, so no.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm at about 'meh' on the wtf scale based on the disparity of what she describes and what's pixillated on the video.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Not the right way to correct a training problem with a canine...
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Perhaps, but not abuse either.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I could probably find an article that says Nebraskans prefer sex with kangaroos.  That doesn't make it accurate and it doesn't mean that I should spread it to be sensationalist.  It's OK to use critical thinking skills.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bitch to the news network.  I read the article same as if this appeared in the paper.  Video is blocked.  So how the fuck would I know?

Actually come up with a title and I'll change it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Isolated incident
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Bitch to the news network.  I read the article same as if this appeared in the paper.  Video is blocked.  So how the fuck would I know?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You posted a sensationalist thread about a video that you didn't even watch?  WTF.  I would suggest a title change to "Mods, Please Delete".
Seriously, if you watch the video when you get home or something, you'll likely facepalm yourself.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did I say that?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Where did I say that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did I say that?

Actually, you haven't said much of anything.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#28]
That lady would probably be really upset when she learned what the collar on my dog does...
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You posted a sensationalist thread about a video that you didn't even watch?  WTF.  I would suggest a title change to "Mods, Please Delete".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a news article that'd have the exact same fucking wording if a video wasn't embedded.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm only here to see someone go nuts and banned.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Come on, I hate a dog abuser probably more then most, but that's nothing. Looks like a handler trying to get his dog off of being locked onto that door. Working dogs can be overly passionate about things and need to be corrected sometimes with an alpha like demeanor.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Am I in before someone says he should be charged with attempted murder on a police officer?

I keed I keed. I'm a dog lover and that didn't seem so bad. I wouldn't do it to my dogs, but it didn't look like a big deal.

Eta: ooh I see we have a cry for felony assault. I'm still gonna score that one an IBT....
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.  Where does this nonsense come from?  Well, there are probably federal charges if its a federal police animal, but not your regular local jurisdiction.

ETA-Video isn't working for me.  Either way, a pop with leash is nothing.  Those dogs are quite Alpha and sometimes you have to get their attention.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Glad this lady isn't my neighbor.  I've whooped my GSD worse than that.  Even had to pin her down and stay on top of her a couple times in my front yard not long after I got her.  Sometimes you have to show a rebellious dog who is boss.  Dogs respond to physical force.  Doesn't mean you're beating or hurting them.

She's now the most mindful, loyal, and by far the smartest dog I've ever had.  She would walk through fire with me.  And all it takes is a verbal command to get her to straighten up.  At the most a small spanking on the butt, but that's rare.

ETA:  Unless there is a cat around.  I only have about a 25% success rate to keep her from chasing a cat.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#36]
If that is "whipping" and "stomping" a dog, I have must have "murdered" my dog several times to correct improper behavior.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't view the video. Are you saying the dog is a police officer?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That lady would probably be really upset when she learned what the collar on my dog does...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81144293/559137_431400330209363_780730166_n.jpg
View Quote

Both my dogs have zappers. Sometimes I get mean looks from soccer moms. My dogs are quiet and I piss off whiny PETA bitches. Win!

And my GSD has a pinch collar!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Signal25 could bring good information to this thread
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.  It's a common misconception.  Some departments give honorary titles/ranks to the dogs.  Its often used and corrected on here, but the internet is wide and deep so it keeps coming back.  Just like the above "federal charge" for abusing a police K-9, or the ever popular "murder of a police officer if you kill a K-9".
Is there an enhanced penalty?  Of course there is.  My dog was $14,000 in 2003 when he was purchased.  You better believe that if you destroy $14,000 of government property that you're going to get hit with an enhanced charge.

No police reports involving K-9 that I have ever read have ever referred to the dog as anything other than "I, Dy/Officer Johnny Appleseed then entered the building along with K-9 Spock in order to clear the interior of the building for suspects" and such.  I have never seen it that the dog was listed as anything other than K-9....not saying that it hasn't/doesn't happen...just that I have no personal experience with it and it is not the standard.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's a news article that'd have the exact same fucking wording if a video wasn't embedded.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, OK, Soda.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

It's true.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are quite a few LEO here that could help with information concerning police questions and such.  The problem is that replies to your question would have to be searched for though the off topic replies you'd get.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah, OK, Soda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, OK, Soda.

I changed the title, did that cut down on the micro-aggression's this thread has caused you?  

The title of the article was reflected in the title of the thread.  The exact same way I always share news stories, which is the exact same way news stories are usually shared.

If you have something to imply, go ahead.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#47]
a leash pop is whipping now?

those were gentle corrections.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I changed the title, did that cut down on the micro-aggression's this thread has caused you?  

The title of the article was reflected in the title of the thread.  The exact same way I always share news stories, which is the exact same way news stories are usually shared.

View Quote

I was going to ask you about that WTF title, glad I decided to read the thread.  Some folks who get butthurt with the OP over the title that matches the articles headline are not really worth responding to.

Headlines SHOULD be the thread title to prevent dupage and to make referencing the publication easier.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Where did I say that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did I say that?

You didn't. I was just making the point. Wasn't directed towards you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:33:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I was going to ask you about that WTF title, glad I decided to read the thread.  Some folks who get butthurt with the OP over the title that matches the articles headline are not really worth responding to.

Headlines SHOULD be the thread title to prevent dupage and to make referencing the publication easier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shouldn't have edited the title. The hurt butts would heal eventually.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top