BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/24/2010 5:16:47 PM EDT

Obama underappreciation syndrome

By CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER

10/24/2010 22:41

Obama gave Obamacare, the stimulus, financial regulation and a shot at cap-and-trade – and the electorate remains ungrateful.

In
an increasingly desperate attempt to develop a narrative for their
coming collapse, the Democrats have indulged themselves in what for half
a century they’ve habitually attributed to the American Right – the
paranoid style in American politics. The talk is of dark conspiracies –
secret money, foreign influence, big corporations, with Karl Rove and, yes, Ed Gillespie lurking ominously behind the scenes. The only thing missing is the Halliburton-Cheney angle.

But after trotting out some of these with a noticeable lack of success, President Barack Obama
has come up with something new, something less common, something more
befitting his stature and intellect. He’s now offering a scientific,
indeed neurological, explanation for his current political troubles. The
electorate apparently is deranged by its anxieties and fears to the
point where it can’t think straight. Part of the reason "facts and
science and argument does not seem to be winning the day all the time,”
he explained to a Massachusetts audience, "is because we’re hardwired not to always think clearly when we’re scared. And the country is scared.”

Opening
a whole new branch of cognitive science – liberal psychology – Obama
has discovered a new principle: The fearful brain is hardwired to act
befuddled, i.e., vote Republican.

But of course. Here Obama has
spent two years bestowing upon the peasantry the "New Foundation” of a
more regulated, socially engineered and therefore more humane society,
and they repay him with recalcitrance and outright opposition. Here he
gave them Obamacare, the stimulus, financial regulation and a shot at
cap-and-trade – and the electorate remains not just unmoved but
ungrateful.

Faced with this truly puzzling conundrum, Dr. Obama
diagnoses a heretofore undiscovered psychological derangement:
anxiety-induced Obama Underappreciation Syndrome, wherein an entire
population is so addled by its economic anxieties as to be
neurologically incapable of appreciating the "facts and science”
undergirding Obamacare and the other blessings their president has
bestowed upon them from on high.

more at link

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdContributors/Article.aspx?id=192624

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
FBO.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
FBO.

You misspelled FUBO.

FBO is unpronounceable.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

FBO.

judging by the post times, you didnt read it did you?

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting:  declare the population insane by definition if they disagree with the One.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#5]
FBO

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#6]
We're just scared and stupid, clinging to our guns and religion, you know
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Interesting: declare the population insane by definition if they disagree with the One.

And they claim he's not a narcissist.

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#8]
What are these facts they talk about.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Another great article as usual from Mr. Krauthammer.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#11]

The story of the last two years is as simple as it is dramatic. It is
the epic story of an administration with a highly ideological
agenda encountering a rising resistance from the American people over
the major question in dispute: the size and reach and power of
government and, even more fundamentally, the nature of the American
social contract.
An adjudication of the question will be rendered on November 2. For the day, the American peasantry will be presiding.

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#12]
BHO can suck a fart out of my ass (with his tongue out).
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Too bad there isn't an animated smiley that simultaneously does an eyeroll, facepalm, projectile vomiting, and pissing and shitting on a picture of Obama all at the same time.

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#14]
He must still have his imaginary friends from childhood speaking to him.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Too bad there isn't an animated smiley that simultaneously does an eyeroll, facepalm, projectile vomiting, and pissing and shitting on a picture of Obama all at the same time.

This.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I would love to be a fly on the wall to see how he gets his
material. I bet it would look like a SNL scene.
What a load of crap.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 12:43:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Interesting:  declare the population insane by definition if they disagree with the One.

Its exaclty what the Soviet Union did to anyone who spoke out against the gov. People were taken away to insane asylums and never heard from again.
But don't worry, communism died when the USSR collapsed and there's nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 1:14:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I love seeing that narcissistic asshole start to unravel when people to refuse to kiss his ass and worship him like a rock star.

It's fantastic that he is doing all the legwork HIMSELF to demonstrate to the electorate what a useless and whiny douchebag he really is.  

He has always reminded me of an Algebra teacher I had in High School.  She was always very condescending, and it was always obvious that she was not actually listeniogn whan you talked to her.  She was set in her ways and had delusions of grandeur.

Now, this takes the cake.  You see, right before she permanently kicked me out of her class, the report she wrote up to the principle's office noted I had a "persecution complex."  I remember laughing to myself and thinking, "not only does she see herself as the ultimate in teaching, but now she is qualified to give psychological diagnoses as well!"
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 1:17:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its exaclty what the Soviet Union did to anyone who spoke out against the gov. People were taken away to insane asylums and never heard from again.
But don't worry, communism died when the USSR collapsed and there's nothing to worry about.

Didn't Hitler like to claim that the peasants were stupid also?

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 1:26:37 AM EDT
[#20]
The guy has smoked way too much crack.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:41:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I love seeing that narcissistic asshole start to unravel when people to refuse to kiss his ass and worship him like a rock star.

It's fantastic that he is doing all the legwork HIMSELF to demonstrate to the electorate what a useless and whiny douchebag he really is.  

We can only hope that the Republicans take both houses of Congress in the election.  That alone would likely cause the crack addict in the oval office to start hitting the pipe again.  We would witness a complete meltdown of the first Kenyan president of the US.

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:49:50 AM EDT
[#22]
tag 4 latrer
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:52:10 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Another great article as usual from Mr. Krauthammer.

Yep, and I wish we didn't have to click to read the rest.
I'm lazy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:53:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Krauthammer has a way of pointing out the stupid things Zero and his gang does and makes them sound stupider (if that is possible). I always look forward to articles and commentary from him.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:55:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Isn't that what ALL narcisscists do; blame everyone else for not recognizing their "genius"?
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:56:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Well, I guess all that remains for him to do is get us committed and take away our voting rights.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 3:31:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone else think that we will eventually have to PRY him out of the Oval office?

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 3:56:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Keep in mind, Krauthammer is a psychiatrist:
Wiki linky
"....... earning an M.D. from Harvard Medical School in 1975, and then began working as a psychiatrist at Massachusetts General Hospital. In October 1984, he became board certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.[7]"

john
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 4:00:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

you touched on everything i was going to post, well said sir
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 4:18:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Does anyone else think that we will eventually have to PRY him out of the Oval office?

He'll probably re-name the Lincoln suite
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 4:21:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Poor Obama. He's fixing the entire world and no one appreciates him. He must be even more sad than Joe Stalin.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 4:25:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can only hope that the Republicans take both houses of Congress in the election.  That alone would likely cause the crack addict in the oval office to start hitting the pipe again.  We would witness a complete meltdown of the first Kenyan president of the US.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/Wildweasel02/obamacampaigning.jpg?t=1288003239
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20101023/capt.c330afe7303946ab8dbfb8700c78b74b-c330afe7303946ab8dbfb8700c78b74b-0.jpg?x=236&y=345&q=85&sig=xE.0BnQYKeT9dZq20k2jsA––

I find that picture disturbing.  I must now go cleanse my eyes with cat urine to remove the image from my retinas.  Krauthammer has a way with words, doesn't he?
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 4:27:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
FBO.

judging by the post times, you didnt read it did you?

His statement stands regardless, does it not?
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 4:38:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Edit got the author confused with someone else.  Need more coffee

After reading the whole article I see his point.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 4:57:24 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 5:01:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Yes.....yes, I think I'm suffering from that!

Also, my shoulder hurts when I move my arm like this...

FBO

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 5:37:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

While its fun watching him implode, he is nonetheless dangerous.  Fast forward a year.  The GOP control both houses, the economy is still stalled, his polls have tanked and even the liberal media is turning against him.  He's surrounded himself with yes men and people who think like he does and everyone one of them are telling bho that it's not his fault.  Every day, he gets backed further and further into a corner and the "yes we can" gets further and further away.

Thankfully, we have checks and balances so I'm not talking about him turning into a dictator.  Instead, I'm talking about seeking friends and foreign leaders who are like minded and probably not friends to the U.S.  Or, our enemies see that he's imploding and press their will knowing there is little he can do.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 6:21:21 AM EDT
[#38]
I like watching History unfold. It may not be a good one, but its unfolding nontheless...
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 6:25:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Maybe Obama will stay in India
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 6:29:04 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm gonna run right out and vote for him next week
Don't want folks thinkin I'm neurotic or something
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 6:33:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Its all because of those damn racist 'typical white people'.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 6:45:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Part of the reason Obama won is because politics in this country is often swayed by personality.  Candidate Obama displayed a personality that overcame his leftist voting record, but President Obama is letting his true personality show every time he faces adversity.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#43]
He didn't get cap and trade passed or sensable gun control.  That's unforgiveable.  FBO.

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 7:00:42 AM EDT
[#44]
From the article:

"Faced
with this truly puzzling conundrum, Dr. Obama diagnoses a heretofore
undiscovered psychological derangement: anxiety-induced Obama
Underappreciation Syndrome, wherein an entire population is so addled by
its economic anxieties as to be neurologically incapable of
appreciating the "facts and science” undergirding Obamacare and the
other blessings their president has bestowed upon them from on high."

Therein in lies the rub. Only a narcissist would blame everyone else for their problems rather than acknowledge that ramming unpopular legislation down the electorate's throat, spending like a drunken sailor, persecuting business, failing to take the necessary action to help the economy, etc. have been the real cause of their fall from grace.

I'm ambivalent about Obama being such a failure, as he most obviously is, since this is such a double edged sword. On one hand its good to see the people rejecting the liberal agenda. On the other its not good to see our economy, science advancement and way of life shutdown and put on the back burner for the advancement of entitlement and wasteful government spending that does nothing but damage everything.

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 7:03:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

not like thats a new thing
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#46]
That's like saying the John is ungrateful to the hooker that gave him chlamydia, syphilis and tried to stab him with a rusty icepick.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 7:09:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That's like saying the John is ungrateful to the hooker that gave him chlamydia, syphilis and tried to stab him with a rusty icepick.

Damn you took that cold assault call as well
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 7:30:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Obama has not been a surprise to me so far.

He is reverting to his comfort zone: academia.

He is the professor, and we are the students.  He has no other even remotely germane experience to draw from.  

To quote the great Dr. Ray Stantz:
"Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities, we didn't have to produce anything! You've never been out of college! You don't know what it's like out there! I've worked in the private sector. They expect results."

For Obama every problem is an abstraction.  It is a distant thing that only "lives" in a collective imagination.  Why are we not seeing his brilliant work?  Because we are afraid.  We think we have problems.  We are not educated.  We are ignorant about facts and science because we are such poor students.

Any day now he will be assigning us national homework.  Watch- keep your Number 2 handy cause the essay section is really going to rock.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Sort of sounds familiar - wonder if this will be the following phase?

Back in his office, Hitler tells Speer about his scorched earth plan and that he wants to systematically destroy important industrial parts of the city before the allies arrive. Begging for the mercy of the German people, Speer tells him it will only do harm to the future of Germany, but Hitler states that the only German people left are the weak and that they deserve to die.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 7:44:31 AM EDT
[#50]

I have seen that pic a hundred times, I can still not figure out why she is crouching like that.  

TRG
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top