Link Posted: 6/1/2002 6:00:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Got a problem with the truth??

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 6:10:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 6:19:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with you on the Dan Wesson name thing........thats low.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh God! www.danwesson.com, brought to you by the same people who killed stem cell research keepping people in wheel chairs and preventing the discovery of a cure for millions of diseases.

sgtar15 give me your address, I will make sure that all women who don't want to ruin their lives because the condom broke and they din't know can send you the kids since you care so much about them.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 6:46:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh God! www.danwesson.com, brought to you by the same people who killed stem cell research keepping people in wheel chairs and preventing the discovery of a cure for millions of diseases.

sgtar15 give me your address, I will make sure that all women who don't want to ruin their lives because the condom broke and they din't know can send you the kids since you care so much about them.
View Quote

Yum, here we go...

"Keeping people in wheelchairs" by not discovering a cure that requires the death of O-T-H-E-R human beings to provide it!

There are O-T-H-E-R methods of birth control available that do NOT require the death of a viable human being.  These women you refer to above should not engage in sexual activity with the expectation that reproduction could not occur!  Killing a viable human being is murder.

Link Posted: 6/1/2002 6:49:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I will make sure that all women who don't want to ruin their lives....  
View Quote

Since when does a baby ruin a life?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 6:54:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow!  More and more people on here are starting to sound  like a bunch of liberals.  I dont care if the guys condom broke.  You have sex, you have kids.  Its what happens.  I dont think I need to go into the details.  If your not responsible enough to take care of the consequences you should have never started having sex.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 6:56:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow!  More and more people on here are starting to sound  like a bunch of liberals.  I dont care if the guys condom broke.  You have sex, you have kids.  Its what happens.  I dont think I need to go into the details.  If your not responsible enough to take care of the consequences you should have never started having sex.
View Quote

Now there you go, letting the facts get in the way
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:38:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will make sure that all women who don't want to ruin their lives....  
View Quote

Since when does a baby ruin a life?
View Quote

Some people are too yung to understand the wonderfull things a baby brings to their lives.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:40:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yum, here we go...

"Keeping people in wheelchairs" by not discovering a cure that requires the death of O-T-H-E-R human beings to provide it!

There are O-T-H-E-R methods of birth control available that do NOT require the death of a viable human being.  These women you refer to above should not engage in sexual activity with the expectation that reproduction could not occur!  Killing a viable human being is murder.

View Quote

It isnt alive, it can't think, its not human. And the embryo's that are planned for use in stem cell research instead end up in the garbage.

Let me think, save lives or garbage? You've made your choice.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:41:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

What facts? Moral standing is not fact no matter how much you dream it is.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:41:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

American women and doctors murder about 1000 infants a day.  Bad karma.

How're you Canucks doing in the killemforconvenience biz?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Its heart beats, it consumes nutrients, it grows larger.  If thats not alive I dont know what is.  Last time I checked dead organisms dont do any of the above.  Please explain yourself.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:02:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Its heart beats, it consumes nutrients, it grows larger.  If thats not alive I dont know what is.  Last time I checked dead organisms dont do any of the above.  Please explain yourself.
View Quote

The heart on a brain dead patient beats, it consumes nutrients, it grows larger, is it alive? No.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:09:05 AM EDT
[#15]
What you fail to notice, is that if she does not have an abortion a child will be born.

So if it is not murder, what is it?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:10:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The heart on a brain dead patient beats, it consumes nutrients, it grows larger, is it alive? No.
View Quote

Well, let's try a real-world test of your assertion. Go into a hospital, find a brain-dead patient, cut his or her throat and wait for the police to show up. See whether or not you're charged with murder. If the patient wasn't alive to begin with, you can't be charged with murder, right?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote
i guess i have to put my 2 cents in.my screen name is hellonwheels1 for a very simple reason,i have muscular dystrophy and developed it at 40yrs of age.as much as i'd love to be able to run or walk as well as i used to,i still don't approve of abortion as a primary means of birth control.i believe there are times when it should be used(rape,incest,protect the mother).now the kicker,unfortunately,abortion is legal.while i don't approve of it i believe in a persons right to choose what they want to do .that is the basis(imho)of the constitution and until the law is changed we are stuck with this aboration.p.s. i've never smoked a cigarette in my life but i believe if you want to that too is your right.now i will roll off my soapbox.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

I believe we are all accountable for out actions while living here on earth.  Whether that is right or not we will all find out some day.  But murder is not one thing I would like on my tab when I die.  

Scarecrow, I'm guessing you have never experienced life with a pregnant woman.  That child is very much alive.  Just last night I was moving my hand over my wifes stomache and felt what was definately a foot.  I pushed down on it and he moved it to another location.  I then pushed his foot again with the same reaction.  There is definately life in there.  You would be a fool to think otherwise.  

I think most men that do believe in abortion do so because its an easy out for them too.  You make a mistake and then you can just get rid of it.  How often do you get to do that?  It takes a big man to stand up and be accountable for his actions.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You have sex, you have kids.  Its what happens.  
View Quote

Woah settle down there big shooter.  Don't go ruinin' it for the rest of us!
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You have sex, you have kids.  Its what happens.  
View Quote

Woah settle down there big shooter.  Don't go ruinin' it for the rest of us!
View Quote

LMAO!! [:)]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:24:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Kpel is this what you had in mind for this thread?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#22]
well maybe if they banned surgical abortion and just allow the pill abortion. I hear that RU486 causes a spontaneous miscarriage and then ejects the embryo.

Personally I don't think we should ban abortion, just tax it like they tax guns to make it more expensive. This will still leave the option of abortion to those who really want it but will discourage people from using it as a casual method of birth control. Compared to say, a $1000 abortion, some pills and a condom would seem far more economical.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Will a brain dead patient wake up in a few months?

Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#24]
For you pro-baby-killing assholes.

What point do you think the fetus becomes a person?

Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:58:20 AM EDT
[#25]
I think this thread was seriously hijacked.

That being said, I weigh in with Scarecrow on this one.

An embryo, zygote, fetus, is NOT a baby. I know what a baby is, see 'em all the time. Will it become one? YES. Is it now? NO. So for that reason, I put the rights of a person (the woman) over that of something that is not yet a person.

Flame me as you wish, I've spent ALOT of time thinking about this.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Point 1 - Viable stem cells can be taken from normal healthy adults .

Point 2 - The only 100% proven method is just say know , besides do you know how many defect condoms are distributed each year ? According to Trojan (A major condom maker ) they once release 6 MILLION defective condoms in 1999 and they only fessed up when someone working at a health clinic noticed a rise in the transmission in STDs among people using the condoms donated to their clinics .
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:04:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've tutored kids who spent a LOT of time racking their retarded brains over high school algebra. They're still stupid.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:08:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
For you pro-baby-killing assholes.

What point do you think the fetus becomes a person?

View Quote

According to the State of Washington not until they're born.  A few years back a pregnant woman up around Seattle was driving in the carpool lane and got ticketed.  Her defense she was pregnant beyond the point she could legally have an abortion, therefore there were two people in the car; she lost.

Nice double standard people.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#29]
When I worked as a Surgical Technician, I got to see first hand what takes place and the results of "Voluntary Termination Of Pregnancy".

Words cannot describe the feelings and thoughts generated when one looks at the beginnings of Human Life sucked out of the Mother and placed into what is essentially a trash basket.

"...piles of little tiny arms..."
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I've tutored kids who spent a LOT of time racking their retarded brains over high school algebra. They're still stupid.
View Quote

Al,

Starting off by calling me, by proxy, a "baby-killing-asshole", and now by equating me to retarded high school kids only shows your own immaturity and ability to communicate. You want to have an adult discussion? Fine, we can discuss. You want to insult me? Fine. F*** you too. I think you're an idiotic, immoral, pus-filled windbag as you no doubt think I am. Happy now?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

"...piles of little tiny arms..."
View Quote

Anymore than 2 arms on a kid and you're asking for trouble anyway.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Al,

Starting off by calling me, by proxy, a "baby-killing-asshole...
View Quote

I think you put yourself into that category.

Quoted:
An embryo, zygote, fetus, is NOT a baby. I know what a baby is, see 'em all the time. Will it become one? YES. Is it now? NO. So for that reason, I put the rights of a person (the woman) over that of something that is not yet a person.
View Quote

As for the comparison to stupid high school kids, look at the argument you used. It was basically:

"I've looked at this a lot, so I must be right."

So if we can get past a flame war, at what point do you consider a developing baby to have basic human rights?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Al,

A very good question. I think that it is reasonable to restrict abortions to medical necessity (i.e. danger to mother) at the point the fetus becomes viable outside the womb.

Just to clarify another point. Thinking about this doesn't make me "right" per se, anymore than thinking about religion makes me "right" in who or what God is. It simply reflects that I take this matter very seriously and am trying to reason out what is the moral thing to do.

Oh, and I aced my math classes, algebra through math theory. ;)

regards,

-legrue
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Jusdt so you all know, when a primer is first striked the bullet does not become a projectile, same with a baby.

I really wonder how many here that are pro abortion truly would support there own mother if she would have aborted you??  Keep in mind that if you say yes you wouldn't be here to answer the question.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#35]
BTW, If I could I would easily take every single child Scarecrow.

Understand.......eh?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

More liberal bullshit.
Following that, a crumb of bread is not bread.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#37]
I think most of these pro baby killing zealots probably don't have kids.  If I look at my 9 month old boy and think about him being aborted, I get angry.  I get angry because some other kid wasn't worth enough to some self centered, self absorbed, materialistic piece of modern day trash, so that kid was murdered.  My kid wasn't planned, but he was damn sure welcome.

If you have so little regard for the most innnocent, helpless life on the planet, then how do you think I feel about your life?  

If a woman has a right to murder a baby, then I have the right to murder my kid when he gets old enough to really piss me off.

Good analogy by the way, Bearlaker.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't have any links and can't quote anything directly cause it's been awhile but I know theres been cases in some states where drunk drivers have been charged with double homocide when they've killed a pregnant woman. Also barring circumstances where it would mean the life of the mother whats wrong with having the baby an giving it up for adoption?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

More liberal bullshit.
Following that, a crumb of bread is not bread.
View Quote

Quit flinging hotbutton catch phrases like "liberal bullshit" and tell me why an embryo is same as a fully developed baby.

And you don't have a friggin clue as to my politics, so if you can't present intelligently, STFU.

-legrue
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#40]
kpel308,
 You say the word and I'll call in the strike on all these hijackers.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you saying the fetus has no "right" to live.

If not, then why not?

1) Because it is "inside" the woman?
Then so is a full-term baby just before birth. Does this have no right to live either?

2) Because it is entirely dependant on another for it's food, oxygen and protection?
Then we should be able to kill ANYONE in a coma who can't feed, breathe or defend themselves anymore, right?

On what do you base your conclusion that a fetus has no "right" to live?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Abortion---Religion---Gun control----......c`mon people....find better things to do...save some bandwidth....[spank]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

A very good question. I think that it is reasonable to restrict abortions to medical necessity (i.e. danger to mother) at the point the fetus becomes viable outside the womb
View Quote

Let me get this straight. You think that after the fetus becomes viable outside of the womb, then it is ok to restrict abortions to only ones that are medically necessary?

How do you tell when a fetus becomes viable outside of the womb? Even if you could do this (which you can't) what would you say to a fetus who was one day away from being able to survive outside of the womb when is mom decides to kill him? Sorry, you're one day off?

Seems to me that there are only two really clear dividing points in the whole reproductive process: Conception and Birth. Anything else is a grey line.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#44]
I've heard many "pro-choice" defenses and they all fall under just a few classes:

1) "It's not a human." (i.e. "I don't know human biology.")
2) "It's the mother's choice." (i.e. "I still don't know human biology.")
3) "It's been upheld by the SCOTUS so it's the law of the land." (i.e. "SCOTUS is like the Pope; I can't think for myself; and I've never heard of Dred Scott either.")
4) "What will we do with the new blackmarket-abortions if  legalized-abortion is banned?" (i.e. "I admit it - I'm simply afraid to enforce laws against murder.")
5) It can't support it's own life (i.e. "so it's okay to kill it along with all bedridden comatose patients too.")

If there's ANY other defense on the "pro-choice" side that has any REAL merit - I'd be glad to hear it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 7:36:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
[size=6][b]DOWN! DOWN! DOWN!
AIR MARSHAL!!!![/b]
Attention Hijackers:
Drop your keyboards,
Or you will be SHOT![/size=6]

Let us refocus on the original point, which, I believe, was the hijacking of a CONSERVATIVE oriented domain name that had nothing to do with abortion.  Hell, they could have used "planedparenthood" or "plannedparrenthood" or some other frequent misspelling, and that would have been more appropriate.

I have the coordinates for this thread locked in my FCS, and will commence counter-battery fire, should the nastiness continue.

Hey, even if we disagree, we're still FRIENDS here.  Now, shake hands and return to your neutral corners.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
View Quote

...[b]Scarecrow[/b] started it.[>Q]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top