Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/21/2009 7:07:51 AM EST
Any idea what tool (s) I need to remove this? Looks like a few rotted out philps screws around a... ? I'm thinking maybe the cut-off wheel on a dremel. Almost no space to work either. Thinking of starting by hosing it down with WD40 for a few days...

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:28:18 AM EST
Phillips head screwdriver. Should come off after that. Some have a threaded unit that you just need a pipe wrench to bring it off.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:32:01 AM EST

sawzall or dremel if nogo
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:36:11 AM EST
The philips heads will probably twist off so looking for contingency plans. As mentioned almost no room to turn a pipe wrench. Now thinking maybe cut a gap in the part of the ring that is sitting off the threaded part and stick a chisel in there and snap that fitting.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:46:10 AM EST
I'm guessing Kroil will probably work better than the wd40
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:57:27 AM EST
I second the Kroil, make sure you use the best fitting phillips you can and go very slowly.
Top Top