Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 4/7/2011 6:21:14 AM EDT
I may request to have this locked or deleted. Not going the way I wanted or expected. Fuk it.

Link to you tube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dRyl9VksgU&feature=related

This is video of a man using a Jet Propultion Laboratory program that is tracking a "comet" that is whipping through our solar system as I type. It is already within the orbit of Jupiter.
This event coincides with my tentative timeline of "endtime"events. I have studied many sources of prophecy for 30 years. Ancient history, volcanism, geology, astronomy, celestial mechanics and other schools of science.

I spent one whole year reading and studying Immanuel Velikovski's first published book "Worlds in Collision" in which he corollates the 7 worlds religious Holy books historical accounts of the period around 2500 years ago.

Prior to that time there was no planet Venus. A comet passed through our orbital path and caused the 10 plagues of Egypt when the Israelite slaves were freed.
This comet was captured by our solar system and became known as Venus.
The tail of the Comet debris was gravel and Naptha. When it struck our atmosphere it caused a "hail of fire".
Velikovski theorized that when we began to explore our solar system we would find the atmosphere of Venus to be a petroleum base.

I think it was Voyager 4 in about 1974 that confirmed his theory........20 years after his book was published in 1954.

Immanuel Velikovski was Albert Einstein's best freind. Also freinds with Jung and Freud.
His last book "Mankind in Amnesia" discusses mankinds inability to record these events that almost wipe it out and it's reluctance to remember a traumatic species destroying event.
Discuss..........unless I can get internet at my remote location soon I won't be paticipating much. I have access a block away at a library. I am off work today, at home. I am working Wolf Creek Nuclear plant outage in Burlington, Kansas. I am a steam turbine Millwright. I should be done in 2 weeks or less.
I will answer all questions as my access to internet allows.

I will state that I do not expect this to wipe out humankind. That is not in the prophetic warnings. It will however, I believe, wreak havock and major conflagration.
Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, storms and winds not before recorded in intensity. Destruction of crops, waters and cities. Just the beginning of woes.
World War III soon.

ETA: edited to fix typing errors. I feel compelled to make you all aware of this event. I was anticipating such an occurrance but not this soon.....
Time will fly as these things begin to unfold...........leading up to the Grand Conjunction of the major planets in December 2012, when the earthquakes will exceed the Ricter scale.
Are you ready?
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 4/6/2011 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/6/2011 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/6/2011 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 4/6/2011 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#5]
So he says Venus is a comet that was captured about 2500 years ago?

Venus' orbit is too nearly circular for it to have been captured so recently.

The orbit of Venus is the most circular in the entire Solar System.

from THIS SITE.
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I expected better than this from the SF.
I was debating whether to post here or GD..........Looks like I'm getting the flouridated basement croud so far..........

Maybe more intelligent discourse tomorrow when the old farts are active.
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

from THIS SITE.

The shape of it's orbit is totally irrelivant. Never mind. A little too deep for the present night croud apparently.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 1:19:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Just what I needed to read at 4 in the morning...... I hope someone has explained this away by the time I wake up.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 1:41:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The orbit of Venus is the most circular in the entire Solar System.[/qu
from THIS SITE.

The shape of it's orbit is totally irrelivant. Never mind. A little too deep for the present night croud apparently.

The shape of its orbit is not irrelevant. Had Venus been "captured" to become part of our solar system, as you propose, its orbit would be a radical ellipse - not circular. Such an orbit would have been so radical, It would have most certainly crossed the orbits of practically every other planet in our system - likely impacting one of them in short order!

I assure you: Venus is a planetary body which formed as did our other planets: over eons. What this guy is saying is simply preposterous.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 1:47:54 AM EDT
[#11]
It doesn't pay a prophet to be too specific.  Robert A. Heinlein  
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 1:59:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Link to you tube video:

This is video of a man using a Jet Propultion Laboratory program that is tracking a "comet" that is whipping through our solar system as I type. It is already within the orbit of Jupiter.
This event coincides with my tentative timeline of "endtime"events. I have studied many sources of prophecy for 30 years. Ancient history, volcanism, geology, astronomy, celestial mechanics and other schools of science.

I spent one whole year reading and studying Immanuel Velikovski's first published book "Worlds in Collision" in which he corollates the 7 worlds religious Holy books historical accounts of the period around 2500 years ago.

Prior to that time there was no planet Venus. A comet passed through our orbital path and caused the 10 plagues of Egypt when the Israelite slaves were freed.
The tail of the Comet debris was gravel and Naptha. When it struck our atmosphere it caused a "hail of fire".
Velikovski theorized that when we began to explore our solar system we would find the atmosphere of Venus to be a petroleum base.

I think it was Voyager 4 in about 1974 that confirmed his geuss........20 years before when his book was published in 1954.

Immanuel Velikovski was Albert Einstein's best freind. Also freinds with Jung and Freud.
His last book "Mankind in Amnesia" discusses mankinds inability to record these events that almost wipe it out and it's reluctance to remember a traumatic species destroying event.
Discuss..........unless I can get internet at my remote location soon I won't be paticipating much. I have access a block away at a library. I am off work today, at home. I am working Wolf Creek Nuclear plant outage in Burlington, Kansas. I am a steam turbine Millwright. I should be done in 2 weeks or less.

I will state that I do not expect this to wipe out humankind. That is not in the prophetic warnings. It will however, I believe, wreak havock and major conflagration.
Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, storms and winds not before recorded in intensity. Destruction of crops, waters and cities. Just the beginning of woes.
World War III soon.

ETA: edited to fix typing errors. I feel compelled to make you all aware of this event. I was anticipating such an occurrance but not this soon.....
Time will fly as these things begin to unfold...........leading up to the Grand Conjunction of the major planets in December 2012, when the earthquakes will exceed the Ricter scale.
Are you ready?

Really?
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 2:34:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

from THIS SITE.

The shape of its orbit is not irrelevant. Had Venus been "captured" to become part of our solar system, as you propose, its orbit would be a radical ellipse - not circular. Such an orbit would have been so radical, It would have most certainly crossed the orbits of practically every other planet in our system - likely impacting one of them in short order!

I assure you: Venus is a planetary body which formed as did our other planets: over eons. What this guy is saying is simply preposterous.

And your credentials as an astrophysicist are.....?

I suggest you too spend a year (or whatever) reading his books before you cast aside Immanuel Velikovski's works.

Your comments are also irrelivant. I suppose you feel the video clip is bullshit?
Your thoughts on the fact that JPL is tracking this thing and all freeze dried food is going away, somewhere..........Have you heard any mention of this Elina on MSM news.
If so read "Ages in Chaos" or some other books about celestial mechanics.

Fuck me. Go camping the week of Nov. 1st and let me know how that works out for you.

I hope I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 3:31:26 AM EDT
[#14]
You say something corresponds to your timeline of endtime events, and then expect to be taken seriously?

You study a book that attempts to reconcile religious texts with astronomical events?

You throw in a mention of plagues and extinction level events?

I give your theories all the credence I would give a disheveled homeless man who wanders the street with a placard that says, "Repent, the End is Near!"

Best stock up on tin foil.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 3:43:34 AM EDT
[#15]
And here I was worrying about he Fed Gov't shutting down and me not getting my tax return !?
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 4:07:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You say something corresponds to your timeline of endtime events, and then expect to be taken seriously?

You study a book that attempts to reconcile religious texts with astronomical events?

I give your theories all the credence I would give a disheveled homeless man who wanders the street with a placard that says, "Repent, the End is Near!"

I give up.

I can see that no one is viewing the Jet Propultion Laboratory video and none of you have a clue who Velikovski is.

And certainly have no idea what the Bible prophecies are and no clue about Edgar Cayce.
Shit. Why do I bother.

The responses I'm seeing are exactly what Velikovshi was talking about in "Mankind in Amnesia".
You have no concept of the devastations that have occurred in the past and only care about how your baseball team is doing.
Further, you don't care what might be coming to hit you square in the face with a Mack truck.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 4:09:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Link to you tube video:

I think it was Voyager 4 in about 1974 that confirmed his theory........20 years after his book was published in 1954.

World War III soon.

Are you ready?

I believe that the ancients recorded views of Venus in excess of 3500 yrs ago.  The Sumerians or Babylonians or such.

There was no Voyager 4.  Only 1 and 2.  The Russians sent several probes to Venus.  I believe that only one was successful.

Elenin the comet certainly has the potential to cause problems but to think that Venus is only 2500 years old and an old comet is nuts.  Venus is almost the same size as the Earth.  FOr the sun to capture it into orbit would be impossible.   You spent a year studying this guy but you need to look at the physics behind it as well as the historical record.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 4:19:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I may be getting the Mars orbital deviation (Homer's The Iliad, Velikovski's book "Ages in Chaos") and the Venus arrival backwards but I don't think so.
Yeah, I probably fucked up the Voyager probe, was it V 2 that went to Venus, about 74?

Venus is the most easily visible planet with the naked eye. Prior to the comet arriving, there was no venus on celestial charts of that era.

I don't have the time, energy or the inclination to go back and review. Perhaps I should have only mentioned the video and info on that without expounding on other pertinent information that I consider relevant.

Pearls before swine and all that.

What do you think of those Royals? 4 and 1...might have a shot this year....
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 4:25:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I give up.

I can see that no one is viewing the Jet Propultion Laboratory video and none of you have a clue who Velikovski is.

And certainly have no idea what the Bible prophecies are and no clue about Edgar Cayce.
Shit. Why do I bother.

The responses I'm seeing are exactly what Velikovshi was talking about in "Mankind in Amnesia".
You have no concept of the devastations that have occurred in the past and only care about how your baseball team is doing.
Further, you don't care what might be coming to hit you square in the face with a Mack truck.

You have no concept of "Appeal to Authority" as a means of justifying fallacy.

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 4:49:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I expected better than this from the SF.
I was debating whether to post here or GD..........Looks like I'm getting the flouridated basement croud so far..........

Maybe more intelligent discourse tomorrow when the old farts are active.

I have a funny feeling the rest of the gentlemen who endeavor to engage in more intelligent discourse have simply chosen not to respond. Perhaps they used the cancel button immediately after they realized they were about to stoop to the almost uneducated level of posting "Dude, seriously. WTF?"

BTW, I am of the same family as Edgar Cayce, in fact I was nearly named Cayce. I would have to track down the family tree to see how. We did used to visit the old tobacco plantation home once in a while when dad wanted to see his family down South.

Edit- Edgar Cayce's gifts were not passed on in the blood line. The only thing I ever gained from sleeping on my books was some rest!
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 4:52:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I may be getting the Mars orbital deviation (Homer's The Iliad, Velikovski's book "Ages in Chaos") and the Venus arrival backwards but I don't think so.
Yeah, I probably fucked up the Voyager probe, was it V 2 that went to Venus, about 74?

Venus is the most easily visible planet with the naked eye. Prior to the comet arriving, there was no venus on celestial charts of that era.

I don't have the time, energy or the inclination to go back and review. Perhaps I should have only mentioned the video and info on that without expounding on other pertinent information that I consider relevant.

Both of the Voyagers went out of the system, away from the interior planets.  The Russians have sent a number of probes to Venus.  Venus has active volcanoes and a number of other features that would not be present in a comet.  How does your guy explain these features?  How does he explain the size of Venus?

Venus is also known as the morning star and the evening star depending on where it is in relation to earth.  THe ancient Hindus, Egyptians, etc all saw it.  There are Babylonian records dating back to approx 1600 BC that describe Venus.

YOu are convinced of your beliefs, which is fine but how can you declare that you researched this for a year and not questioned it?  I found the above info in about 10 minutes and some of the stuff I remember from high school science.  Back your beliefs up with facts.  If you cant then dont get pissed when people dont buy it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 4:58:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm going to post, exactly word for word what I posted on another forum when this video was posted a while back.

Really? This place that sells silver for $50/oz is producing a video on astrological events?

First off, the date that the Chili earth quake happened Elenin was 6 or 7 times further away from us than the sun is. Does this guy realize that gravitational effects change by the square of the distance? So 6 times away means that if this thing is the size/density of the sun, it's gravity would've been 1/36th of the suns. It would be a very far stretch to assume that had much of a role in the Chili earth quake, and if it did, it's likely much larger than the sun. Lets say 10 times larger just for kicks (astrologically that is HUGE).

Moving on, this thing will move to within .232 of the distance between us and the sun, so if its the same size/density as the sun the gravitational effect will be 18 1/2 times that of the sun. Even if it's the same size as the sun, 18 1/2 times the gravity isn't just going to flip our poles around, it's going to throw us off of our orbit and we'll float off into space. But remember, for it to have actually played a role in the Chili earthquake it probably had to be larger. Remember the 10 times figure? Lets just go with that, so the gravitation effect would likely be more like 185 times that of the sun at the point where we're closest. That's not just going to throw us off orbit, we will likely be pulled into the point of no return on the gravity of Elenin and we'll all go out in style.

Don't you hate it when science and reason falls right in the middle of a perfectly good conspiracy theory meant to drum up sales of silver?
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 5:00:59 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a few question that might help me put this is the proper perspective.  

What is the estimated mass of Elenin?  I read that is difficult to determine but is estimated to be no larger than Haley's comet.

What makes Elenin a brown dwarf and not a comet?

How close will It come?  I can not grasp what an AU is.  Converting to miles-I read that Elenin will get  approximately 22 million miles away, assuming.

How close does Haley's comet get?  

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 5:29:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both of the Voyagers went out of the system, away from the interior planets.  The Russians have sent a number of probes to Venus.  Venus has active volcanoes and a number of other features that would not be present in a comet.  How does your guy explain these features?  How does he explain the size of Venus?

Venus is also known as the morning star and the evening star depending on where it is in relation to earth.  THe ancient Hindus, Egyptians, etc all saw it.  There are Babylonian records dating back to approx 1600 BC that describe Venus.

YOu are convinced of your beliefs, which is fine but how can you declare that you researched this for a year and not questioned it?  I found the above info in about 10 minutes and some of the stuff I remember from high school science.  Back your beliefs up with facts.  If you cant then dont get pissed when people dont buy it.

There were catastrophic conflagrations 2500 and 3500 years ago.
I read "Worlds in Collision" about 1980-1981. Perhaps a rereading is in order.
I have 5 of I think 7 of Velikovski's books, original printings.

Why does 1984 keep coming to mind as regarding a probe? I'd dig for it but I have to pack and be back at the Nuke tonight for 12 hours. $$$$$$

I thank YOU for your intelligent interaction.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 5:37:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm going to post, exactly word for word what I posted on another forum when this video was posted a while back.

Really? This place that sells silver for $50/oz is producing a video on astrological events?

First off, the date that the Chili earth quake happened Elenin was 6 or 7 times further away from us than the sun is. Does this guy realize that gravitational effects change by the square of the distance? So 6 times away means that if this thing is the size/density of the sun, it's gravity would've been 1/36th of the suns. It would be a very far stretch to assume that had much of a role in the Chili earth quake, and if it did, it's likely much larger than the sun. Lets say 10 times larger just for kicks (astrologically that is HUGE).

Moving on, this thing will move to within .232 of the distance between us and the sun, so if its the same size/density as the sun the gravitational effect will be 18 1/2 times that of the sun. Even if it's the same size as the sun, 18 1/2 times the gravity isn't just going to flip our poles around, it's going to throw us off of our orbit and we'll float off into space. But remember, for it to have actually played a role in the Chili earthquake it probably had to be larger. Remember the 10 times figure? Lets just go with that, so the gravitation effect would likely be more like 185 times that of the sun at the point where we're closest. That's not just going to throw us off orbit, we will likely be pulled into the point of no return on the gravity of Elenin and we'll all go out in style.

Don't you hate it when science and reason falls right in the middle of a perfectly good conspiracy theory meant to drum up sales of silver?

Well, he does propose the supposition that it is a dwarf star and would be of much greater density/magnetic field/gravitational field than a comet of similar size.

When celestial bodies line up their Gravitational and magnetic forces are compounded. Hence my concern about December 2012.
Not just because a calender ends. The Grand conjunction I think only happens every 10,000 or 25000 years........hell, I forget. Gotta go. I might be able to make time to look this thread over before work this evening.
Right now I have a 2 1/2 hour drive, get some sleep, be alert on Turbine deck for 12 hours. Major rotor replacement on a 1200 megawatt turbine. 3 Low pressure rotors and one High pressure rotor. Cool stuff.
Ya'll have a good day.
All of what I wrote is just for a "heads up" of the potential for catastrophe. Not that I always beg to be mocked. Do what ARFCOM does best while I'm gone.

Thank you for the intelligent responses.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 5:44:41 AM EDT
[#26]
derp.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 5:46:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Hmm...

From Wiki (take that for what you will...)

In general, Velikovsky's theories have been vigorously rejected or ignored by the academic community.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 5:48:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Now where did I put my tinfoil hat again???
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 5:55:17 AM EDT
[#29]
henrybadass

can't say that your 'sources' or research have much in the way of credibility.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:00:04 AM EDT
[#30]
A comet freed the Jews?
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:00:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Are you talking about  this:

Asteroid YU55

Meh...let me know if I need to call Bruce Willis

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:24:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Dave_A would defend this thread!
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:26:47 AM EDT
[#33]
A comet impact is independent of any prophecy, which is guess work.  It's more a statistics issue, like when the next earth quake or super volcano will occur.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:28:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:32:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Hot Fudge Sundae on a Tuesdae?

I thought comets were gravel and ice, not planet sized rocks with hot
atmospheres and active volcanos?
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:35:37 AM EDT
[#36]
"Velikovski"?

"Voyager 4"?

(facepalm)

I am familiar with Velikovsky's theories, and I watched the video.

Even if you put aside all the physical impossibilities of "comet Venus", whether ejected from Jupiter, or knocked loose by a dark companion star, rouge star.. whatever... Or that innumerable American and Soviet space probes (which landed on the surface) have confirmed that Venus is a run of the mill rocky terrestrial type planet. The atmosphere is Carbon Dioxide, and some traces of sulfuric acid. It is in no shape, way, or form a "comet".

Let's all just set that aside for a moment.

There are innumerable historical, archeological, and astronomical references to Venus that predate all the events in the bible in South America, North America, Europe, Africa, Asia etc... It's always been right where it was.

The chemtrail people and "rainbow sprinkler lady" have more credibility than anyone who takes Velikovsky's work seriously.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:35:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Woot an E.L.E
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:38:28 AM EDT
[#38]
If we're all going to die in December 2012 anyway why don't you just give me all your money and guns now.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:41:27 AM EDT
[#39]
In on one !?!?
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:44:44 AM EDT
[#40]
I can't believe some of you guys are buying into this 2012 bull shit.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:44:49 AM EDT
[#41]
LOL.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#42]
The problem with these "2012 E.L.E" believers is.....

Once January 2013 rolls around, rather than admitting they're just a bunch of wacky kooks, they'll claim that a math mistake was made in our calendars somewhere, and the real end date is a few years down the road.

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:48:52 AM EDT
[#43]

I guess I should have bought that FN Heavy Barrelled FALO.
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:49:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#45]
It'll be time to worry when NASA changes its name from Elenin to Gary Coleman...
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Here's another video posted by the same kook (or one just like him.. they all look the same):

YouTube

Apparently, the comet was supposed to do really bad things on Sep 27, 2010.

Maybe the Earth is really just a charred cinder, and we're all just simulations running in the Matrix?
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:59:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

from THIS SITE.

What did you want?

Did you expect that that bullshit should be discussed seriously, like it wasn't a fucking fairy-tale?

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:59:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Where is the punchline?
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 7:00:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
...snip...
Venus is almost the same size as the Earth.  FOr the sun to capture it into orbit would be impossible.   You spent a year studying this guy but you need to look at the physics behind it as well as the historical record.

Venus' 812.6348 deg F surface temperature is residual heat from the aero-braking Venus did when ol' Sol grabbed hold of her.  

<giggles>

Link Posted: 4/7/2011 7:01:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

from THIS SITE.

And your credentials as an astrophysicist are.....?

I suggest you too spend a year (or whatever) reading his books before you cast aside Immanuel Velikovski's works.

Your comments are also irrelivant. I suppose you feel the video clip is bullshit?
Your thoughts on the fact that JPL is tracking this thing and all freeze dried food is going away, somewhere..........Have you heard any mention of this Elina on MSM news.
If so read "Ages in Chaos" or some other books about celestial mechanics.

Fuck me. Go camping the week of Nov. 1st and let me know how that works out for you.

I hope I'm wrong.

You should keep an open mind, but not so open as to let your brain leak out...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top