Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2002 8:08:17 AM EST
Current Headlines:

(CBS) (EASTON) May 17, 2002 8:01 am US/Eastern
Three men who are described as being of middle-eastern descent have been
arrested after suspicious activity at a reservoir in Easton, Connecticut.

Easton police got a call about 7:30 Thursday night that three men were spotted
on top of a supply tank of the Easton Reservoir Filtration Plant.

One of the men was reportedly using a video camera to film the area around the
plant and the reservoir dam, including the water filtration system.

The three were taken into custody and charged with trespassing.

Easton police chief John Solomon says because of the heightened state of
security for reservoirs, the FBI and state emergency officials were notified
and the FBI went to the scene to investigate.

Easton officals have said that the water system was not compromised.

A news conference, detailing the situation, is scheduled for 10 am at the
Easton library.
View Quote


Yonkers, New York-AP) -- A four-story apartment building in Yonkers was
evacuated after six residents who ate together became ill because of what
authorities feared was cyanide contamination. The six people were all from an
apartment on the building's top floor. They were taken to St. Joseph's Medical
Center. Two were in critical condition and the others were stable. The other
residents of the 18-apartment building were taken to a nearby parish hall.
Health officials were leaning toward a cause that was food related and was not
airborne. Police Commissioner Charles Cola said the victims' conditions
deteriorated very quickly, which is not typical for food poisoning victims and
led him to believe ``it was some kind of chemical they ingested.'' He said
police were trying to find out ``what food it was, how it got there and what
was in it.'' The hospital's emergency room was quarantined briefly as a
precaution. It was tested, deemed safe and reopened. Police officers,
firefighters and hazardous-materials teams surrounded the Nepperhan Avenue
building after the 8 p.m. evacuation last night. No other buildings were
affected, but nearby streets were cordoned off.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top