Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2002 5:24:13 PM EDT
Yes, folks, here it is:

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020527/s/1022536362.2483159135.jpg[/img]

Caption: Israeli soldiers secure a wall that Israel is building to demarcate the West Bank town of Qalqilya from Israel May 27, 2002. Israel maintained its military grip on the West Bank city of Qalqilya and enforced a curfew in Tulkarm as the army intensified raids into Palestinian-ruled areas following four suicide bomb attacks within a week. REUTERS/Gil Cohen Magen

Quick, someone do a quick search of the Scriptures - Is there any mention of a such a wall in the Last Days?

Just checking! [:D]

Eric The(GoodFencesMakeGoodNeighbors)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020527/s/1022536292.2416058458.jpg[/img]

Caption: Israeli soldiers in a personnel carrier secure the wall that Israel is building near the West Bank town of Qalqilya, May 27, 2002. Israel maintained its military grip on the West Bank city of Qalqilya and enforced a curfew in Tulkarm as the army intensified raids into Palestinian-ruled areas following four suicide bomb attacks within a week. REUTERS/Gil Cohen Magen
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, the United States should indeed, [b]ilikelegs[/b]!

I just hope that this Great Wall of Israel is watertight.

As soon as it's finished, they should fill it up with water and call it Lake Israel!

Eric The([u]After[/u]Everyone'sBeenMoved!Sheesh!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Eric The([u]After[/u]Everyone'sBeenMoved!Sheesh!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

No ETH, Im against anyone forcefully removing people from thier land..

Simply start the water and every one that [b]wants[/b]to.. will be allowed leave.
Same goes for anyone that wants to stay..  
free will...  yeah thats the ticket.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Through my usual excellent intelligence channels into the area, I was able to obtain more photo coverage of the event. Gotta praise those thrifty Israelis for their ingenuity
and originality.

[img]http://www.asg.physik.uni-erlangen.de/projekte/road/meilensteine/mauerbau/mauerbau.jpg[/img]

[img]http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/General/Pictures/1999/11/04/wall21.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.ddr-bilder.de/Fotos/Mauerbau/M6_foto.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.ddr-bilder.de/Fotos/Mauerbau/M1_foto.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.ddr-bilder.de/Fotos/Mauerbau/M5_foto.jpg[/img]

Now those evil enemies of the people are locked out! Good job, zis vall bee still bee dere in fifty or a hundert Jahren!
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#6]
So, [b]Kar98[/b], let me see if I've got your comparison down correctly - the Berlin Wall was built by the East Germans/Soviets to keep suicide bombings in East Berlin down to a minimum?

Is that what was being taught in East Germany?

No. I hate to burst your bubble, but the East Germans and the Soviets built the Wall just to keep the civilian population of Berlin/East Germany from crossing over to freedom in the West!

They were voting with their feet.

The Palestinians are voting with their torsos!  

Do you see the difference?

BTW, if it could be successfully done, would you be in favor of a Southern Wall along the US border with Mexico?  Why or why not?

Eric The(IKnewYouWould!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Kar you anti semetic ass

There is no correlation with either the DDR or Nazi Germany...

Jews and West Germans NEVER blew up anyone, they did NOT blow up ice cream parlors and murder children...

Anyone who refuses to understand this at this late date can only be called a racist...
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Armdlbrl:
According to the Internet Rules of Debate,
first one to call the other a "racist", loses the argument. Sorry, man, I know you wanted it real bad, but that's an automatic DQ.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The East Germans and the Soviets built the Wall just to keep the civilian population of Berlin/East Germany from crossing over to freedom in the West!

They were voting with their feet.
View Quote

*flips hair, rolls eyes* Duuuuh! No shit? And here I believed the East German propaganda of American CIA agents smuggling fascist killer potato bugs into peaceful East Germany, trained to steal the precious cabbage and blow up the plywood factories.

The Palestinians are voting with their torsos!  
Do you see the difference?
View Quote

That wasn't my point, I merely pointed out the futility of such a construct. Determined people will find a way; the situation will merely escalate at worst, and stagnate at best.

BTW, if it could be successfully done, would you be in favor of a Southern Wall along the US border with Mexico?  Why or why not?
View Quote

Trick question. If I say yes, I'm an evil racist, if I say no I'm a bunny hugging commie.
No comment.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
*flips hair, rolls eyes* Duuuuh! No shit? And here I believed the East German propaganda of American CIA agents smuggling fascist killer potato bugs into peaceful East Germany, trained to steal the precious cabbage and blow up the plywood factories.
View Quote

A part of the covert Cold War immaterial in this discussion.

I merely pointed out the futility of such a construct. Determined people will find a way; the situation will merely escalate at worst, and stagnate at best.
View Quote

They will always hate each other. If both sides "stagnate," on their own side of the wall less people will die.

If a wall isn't the answer, what is Kar?

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If a wall isn't the answer, what is Kar?
View Quote

Cut off aid, support and propaganda for BOTH sides and let them fight it out with pointed sticks?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Post from Kar98 -
View Quote

See, I thought you might be the victim of East German/Soviet political propaganda, and your answers proves me right.

No need to thank me profusely, that is simply what I'm here for!
That wasn't my point, I merely pointed out the futility of such a construct. Determined people will find a way; the situation will merely escalate at worst, and stagnate at best.
View Quote

No. The Wall served quite a useful purpose in East Berlin and throughout East Germany.

It slowed the mass exodus to a mere trickle.

Of course, determined people will always find a way to get around such obstacles, but you deal with them when you see them

Stagnate at best is great news for Israel! They are not trying to win the Palestinians over to their side!

They're just trying to go to the market place without being blown up!

Is [u]that[/u] too much to ask?

Should the United States give up trying to keep terrorists out of this country because 'Determined people will find a way; the situation will merely escalate at worst, and stagnate at best.'

Is that your advice for the United States?

Then why is it for Israel?
Trick question. If I say yes, I'm an evil racist, if I say no I'm a bunny hugging commie. No comment.
View Quote

Only a buggie hugging commie would say that keeping [u]illegal[/u] entry into a country to a minimum is clear evidence of racism!

Sigh, you may have a long way to go on this one, my friend.

The correct answer is that the very essence of national sovereignty is the safeguarding of a nation's borders!

Even the East Germans and Soviets understood this! If they couldn't control their own borders, how could they control the people?

Eric The(History101)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Post from Kar98 -
Cut off aid, support and propaganda for BOTH sides and let them fight it out with pointed sticks?
View Quote

Well, except for the pointy sticks part, that's been tried in the past and little old Israel keeps beating the Gentile sheet out of their Arab neighbors!

Eric The(Historical)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20020527/s/1022536362.2483159135.jpg[/img]

Eric The(GoodFencesMakeGoodNeighbors)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

ETH,
I only posted because the first thing that came to mind was a picture in some book I saw as a kid; JERICHO!
The only thing missing is the guys with the trumpets.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wrong, you ignorance feigner.  They will purchase black market weapons and continue killing each other.

A wall is a means to bring the occurrence of suicide bombings down.

IMO Your just Trolling on this topic.  What is your motive?

Should we start to speculate?

As I learned in ebonics 101......  Whassup wid Jew?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No. The Wall served quite a useful purpose in East Berlin and throughout East Germany.
It slowed the mass exodus to a mere trickle.
View Quote

... and stiffled any kind of progress in the bargain. In 1989, East Germany still was where the rest of the civilized world was in 1934.

Sigh, you may have a long way to go on this one, my friend.
View Quote

Knock it off with the condescending crap, will ya? Good. I'm better at that anyway. :P

If [Soviets and East Germans] couldn't control their own borders, how could they control the people?
View Quote

Simple: they couldn't. Tunnels, garage-built submarines (no kidding!), jerry-rigged gas balloons, vehicles armoured with 10 inch thick steel, false papers, etc....Man is such a cunning creature.

Only way I see to stop illegal immigration is to cut off all support and freebies for illegal immigrants here. There might be other ways, but I don't see them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looks like a good idea.
Maybe the U.S. should do the same along our
border with Mexico.
View Quote

Hear! Hear!  We'll use concrete blocks and the illegals can spend a month building the wall, every time they get caught...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top