Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2012 3:47:21 AM EDT
Well according to the TSA it is.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:48:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd say it's more like the TSA is a threat.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:51:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Only a threat if it's Canadian.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:55:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Just another fear based  "Make work" program.... people have shown time and time again how easily they will trade Perceived safety for Freedom....
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:59:21 AM EDT
[#4]
those clowns think haribo goldbears are a threat :(

I wish I could pop that guy in atlanta in the mouth for stealing mine after I came in from Hamburg

chew on them now you fuck
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:46:01 AM EDT
[#5]
So is apple butter.  I had to check it into my luggage.  The "free world" is safer because of it.

Who knew that maple syrup, apple butter, bottled water, sodas, or a cup of coffee was a greater threat than communism?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:49:00 AM EDT
[#6]

My wife lost a jar of Nutella.  Apparently, that will bring a jet down.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#7]
My waistline considers maple syrup a weapon of ass destruction. Good thing I don't listen to it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:51:53 AM EDT
[#8]
a brand new carburator in a its box wrapped in plastic is also a threat. Just so you know. Shitty part is we paid someone to fly it to our location
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#9]
"Reason" 1

"Reason" 2

Now you know.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow tang and peroxide?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:02:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Only a threat if it's Canadian.

That's the only place for maple syrup that did not go with Obama.  Think about it.... All of the states that produce maple syrup in significant quantities voted for Obama for 2012.

Why on earth would we buy anything but Canadian maple syrup?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:04:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wow tang and peroxide?

Oxidizer and a fuel.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:10:05 AM EDT
[#13]
if tang is good in a space ship, it should be good on a plane
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a portable air compressor in the garage at this moment. It would take a large duffle to fully enclose it.I was allowed to carry it on an aircraft and fly from Arizona with it. Yes I'm that old...
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:30:59 AM EDT
[#16]
pack it in your checked-in luggage, triple bagged... we did when we where in france for stuff
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#17]
If you don't like it, don't fly!

Hurrrrrr
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#18]
My jar of "Better than Good" Bacon Jam will have to go in checked baggage.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
pack it in your checked-in luggage, triple bagged... we did when we where in france for stuff

But how will I eat my pancakes during the flight?  
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:03:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

By bringing containers of syrup smaller than 3.4 fl oz that can fit in a quart sized clear plastic bag.  They have signs and websites and intercom messages explaining this at most of the airports I've been to.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"Reason" 1

"Reason" 2

Now you know.

Thanks. Now I know.

It only took me (a simple machinist) about three seconds to see a commonality between the two links. I'd bet that OP doesn't match what was provided in the two links.
I think it would be great if we could use the technique that I just employed to weed out the flying terrorists. Instead of the TSA terrorizing everyone.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#22]
should have chugged it right then and there.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Reason" 1

"Reason" 2

Now you know.

Thanks. Now I know.

It only took me (a simple machinist) about three seconds to see a commonality between the two links. I'd bet that OP doesn't match what was provided in the two links.
I think it would be great if we could use the technique that I just employed to weed out the flying terrorists. Instead of the TSA terrorizing everyone.

It would be nice if we could try to keep people who want to kill us all out of the US.  I have worked around Arabs for the last two decades and every last one of them is really confused that the US doesn't take the threat of terrorism seriously, and "not taking it seriously" includes the TSA.  If everyone remembers, it was really basic profiling and due diligence with INS that would have stopped almost all of the September 11 guys, not stopping people with maple syrup.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:26:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Fuck the TSA.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:30:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Reason" 1

"Reason" 2

Now you know.

Thanks. Now I know.

It would be nice if we could try to keep people who want to kill us all out of the US.  I have worked around Arabs for the last two decades and every last one of them is really confused that the US doesn't take the threat of terrorism seriously, and "not taking it seriously" includes the TSA.  If everyone remembers, it was really basic profiling and due diligence with INS that would have stopped almost all of the September 11 guys, not stopping people with maple syrup.

Bingo. High Five.

Your comment about the Arabs seeing that we don't take security seriously is pretty sad. Why cant we our safety experts see that?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By bringing containers of syrup smaller than 3.4 fl oz that can fit in a quart sized clear plastic bag.  They have signs and websites and intercom messages explaining this at most of the airports I've been to.

Signs and websites intercom messages...Hmmmmm. Yes that does make sense now. So I apply my syrup by trying to squeeze it out of an eyedropper. Allrighty than.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:53:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
"Reason" 1

"Reason" 2

Now you know.

I knew before. A friend works for the uhhh airport kinda sorta. Me now when I fly. I check everything and show up at the gate with a ticket and little else. Still am pissed we have come to this for our safety.

I wish we could.......Oh Never Mind
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

in condoms up the rectum

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#29]
TSA cannot differentiate maple syrup from explosive solutions.  Basically, they are dumber than they look.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
TSA cannot differentiate maple syrup from explosive solutions.  Basically, they are dumber than they look.  

QFT.  

In WW II, the US Army did not want white MP's beating up black Tuskegee Airmen Officers.  It wouldn't look good for the war effort. So, they got the biggest, dumbest blacks to be MPs and had them do it.  The same principle is being applied to us today.  They hire the dullest and dumbest they could find, endowed them with federal authority and unleashed them on us.  It's just like the cowardly SS who guarded the concentration camps.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#31]
That fake syrup is a threat.  That shit is not allowed in my house.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Tyler Vernon is to blame .

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top