Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2013 6:30:46 PM EDT

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/250726/2/Concealed-carry-repeal-petitions-prepared

Mainers may get another chance to argue about concealed weapons permits. Last winter there was intense debate in the Legislature over whether to allow names of permit holders to be made public.

Now, two petitions are being prepared to end the use of concealed weapons permits altogether.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Maniacs.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Any Mainiacs have a feeling about where this might go?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]

The news stations and papers always seem to just interview the Portland PD when it comes to stuff like this.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I was ready to be all but then I read the article and I'm all .
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Read again, they aren't trying to end concealed carry, they are trying to go Vermont.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Taggity.
It should happen, but it won't happen.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Portland is northern Mass. Expect the local media to start with the "blood in the streets" headlines or how it will cause hundreds of "Travon shootings" a year.

It will be predictable.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#9]
If the petition succeeds, it will be very interesting to see how the vote goes. The NRA has long been opposed to the use of ballot initiatives to restore our second amendment rights. I think if this initiative succeeds, they will drop their opposition.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#10]
The constitutional carry bill went through the legislature this past session and had a lot of support, but ultimately didn't pass.  Hopefully the referendum will pass.  

Unfortunately, I've run into a lot of "pro-2A" folks up here who still think that concealed carry permits are somehow a good thing and who also opine that it is crazy that live-fire training isn't part of the requirement to have a permit...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top