Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2015 1:08:32 AM EDT
Just wanted to post a recent ammo purchase experience. I made a purchase in July from Luckygunner for $200+. Received merchandise in timely fashion. Received credit card bill in mail last week. Was charged twice for order. 2 charges, same date, same amount. Called credit card company to inform them and they are sending paperwork to dispute the charge. They also suggested I contact Luckygunner, which I did. I sent an email to their customer service informing them. I received a response stating "that it was very unlikely that my credit card was charged twice" from some rocket scientist named Theyo. Not the answer I wanted to hear. I wrote him back expressing my displeasure with his response, and not in a nice way. Just wanted to post and make everyone aware and closely watch your credit statements. Also wondering if anyone else has had customer service problems or incorrect charges?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#1]
The last time I was on lucky gunner the prices were changing everytime I reloaded the page as I was shopping around. It was after the Russian import news broke. I went somewhere else so I wouldn't have to be surprised at what I would be paying.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:19:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Legal fee surcharge
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi 429SCJ,

Anthony here from over at Lucky Gunner - First of all, I'm sorry for the double charge. Our management team pulled our processing records this morning and you are correct. We have refunded your card.

We've also gone through how this should be handled with our team in the future. We shouldn't ever have to request a copy of your credit card statement; there's no need for that. We can see in our system whether a customer was accidentally charged twice. In this case, we should have simply responded to your initial email by thanking you for the heads up and getting with the management team here to check and see if we could find the double processing issue.

I’m sorry again for the trouble and the headache it caused. If you have any other issues, please feel free to email me directly - [email protected].
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#4]
He should've thrown in a free box of ammo for the trouble and acting like a dick.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hi 429SCJ,

Anthony here from over at Lucky Gunner - First of all, I'm sorry for the double charge. Our management team pulled our processing records this morning and you are correct. We have refunded your card.

We've also gone through how this should be handled with our team in the future. We shouldn't ever have to request a copy of your credit card statement; there's no need for that. We can see in our system whether a customer was accidentally charged twice. In this case, we should have simply responded to your initial email by thanking you for the heads up and getting with the management team here to check and see if we could find the double processing issue.

I’m sorry again for the trouble and the headache it caused. If you have any other issues, please feel free to email me directly - [email protected].
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the heads up OP.

I purchased a significant order from Lucky Gunner and will be checking my credit card bill to ensure i havent been overcharged when the bill arrives.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Well done LG.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hi 429SCJ,

View Quote

Well done.  Now go have your network admin check all of "Theyo's" other sent emails to see how many other customers have received similar craptastic treatment.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hey thumbs up for this guy!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi 429SCJ,

Hey thumbs up for this guy!  

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Two 15ers, 4 combined posts arguing about some credit cards.  Seems legit
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Two 15ers, 4 combined posts arguing about some credit cards.  Seems legit
View Quote

Nice catch.

Lucky Gunner has always been GTG so far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#13]
All's well that ends well. That was taken care of in a timely fashion, and in a Gentleman's way...Stumbling blocks and stepping stones,, all that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for screwing them with the chargeback instead of picking up the phone.  

I work for a credit card processor and this is the reason they are getting dropped. I've asked people
more than twice not to do a chargeback unless you have no other option because it's a black eye for
the merchant.  Choke point is real in this industry and these guys need our help. Don't give processors
a reason to terminate all gun/ammo related merchants.

Too many disputes equals risk in their eyes and ammo/guns is already on the resricted merchants list.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I work for a credit card processor and this is the reason they are getting dropped. I've asked people
more than twice not to do a chargeback unless you have no other option because it's a black eye for
the merchant.  Choke point is real in this industry and these guys need our help. Don't give processors

Too many disputes equals risk in their eyes and ammo/guns is already on the resricted merchants list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

did you even read bro, I would have done the same thing when someone responds like this guy did.

I sent an email to their customer service informing them. I received a response stating "that it was very unlikely that my credit card was charged twice" from some rocket scientist named Theyo.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

did you even read bro, I would have done the same thing when someone responds like this guy did.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sent an email to their customer service informing them. I received a response stating "that it was very unlikely that my credit card was charged twice" from some rocket scientist named Theyo.  

I highlighted the key words for you
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#17]
It happens occasionally.

I've never had a problem with my CC company getting my money back in a timely fashion if I got no satisfaction from the merchant.

It does pay to diligent. Screws fall out all the time. The world's an imperfect place.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whats the difference? Like talking to customer service over the phone is different than email? Either way, you're talking to customer service. They could have easily said the same shit over the phone. At least with emails, you have a log.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why, what difference does it matter? He already talked to them, via email. Company says it didn't happen in the email I wouldn't call either, let them fight it out with the credit card company. That's what they are there for.

This is the perfect example why you use a credit card and not debit cards. Not your money tied up, if it was you would be wasting time you would not get reimbursed for. Credit card company does the work because it's their money.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the heads up and recent experience.
I have had a couple of experiences with LuckyGunner, all of them good. Good price, shipping and CS. Would/will use again.
Sounds like they put Theyo back in remedial rocket science class. Everyone makes mistakes...especially employees.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hi 429SCJ,

View Quote

Had a poorly trained employee that made a mistake, it happens. Sounds like they did the right thing in the end and I will still consider buying from them. Good job by LG following up and correcting their mistake. That's all you can ask IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Whats the difference? Like talking to customer service over the phone is different than email? Either way, you're talking to customer service. They could have easily said the same shit over the phone. At least with emails, you have a log.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the phone it's much more difficult for people like Theyo to ignore your claims. With email it's easy for them to just blow you off, but get on the phone and don't let them off until they confirm the issue and address resolution.

To be fair, OP contacted their bank and initiated their dispute process before even bothering to contact the vendor. Good to see the vendor address their concern ASAP though. Granted, they kindof have to with a site like this. Bad CS experience being posted in GD I'm sure can royally screw a vendor.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Why are you just now looking at your credit card bill? I check my account online every day and when I make a purchase so I know within minutes if I was charged the correct amount.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Lucky Gunner has always been god to go in my book. Best prices and fastest shipping for us west coasters. Always a good product. get all my hirtenberger there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hi 429SCJ,

View Quote

I like when companies just own up to mistakes and make moves to fix those in the future. Everyone makes mistakes, it is how they deal with them that is important.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#26]
A mistake was made and the company made good. They also will address the handling of the first email. Well done and corrected.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#27]
received an email from Heidi at LG this morning. Apologized and took care of problem. I thanked her and told her I would do business with LG again. Just to keep Theyo away from my order. Issue has been taken care of. Just don't like some dope in customer service insinuating I'm lying.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
received an email from Heidi at LG this morning. Apologized and took care of problem. I thanked her and told her I would do business with LG again. Just to keep Theyo away from my order. Issue has been taken care of. Just don't like some dope in customer service insinuating I'm lying.
View Quote

Yea very cool, Ive ordered from them before and will in the future.  Its nice to know a company will take care of issues if they arise.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm in the firearm biz so I know what a PITA finding a good merchant processor who will work with you is.  IMO the OP was not out of line for disputing the charge after he got that email.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm in the firearm biz so I know what a PITA finding a good merchant processor who will work with you is.  IMO the OP was not out of line for disputing the charge after he got that email.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, but when you are on the phone you can bitch and moan loader than an email. You can also go up the chain.
I argue for a living and people are always amazed what a real chat can accomplish.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Get signed up to see your cc activity in real time you can nip a double charge in the bud as soon as you get the email/text that you were charged twice rather than waiting till the statement shows up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#32]
I ordered some ammo from them today. They have pretty good pricing. Says I'll have it tomorrow also
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Agreed, but when you are on the phone you can bitch and moan loader than an email. You can also go up the chain.

I argue for a living and people are always amazed what a real chat can accomplish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, on the phone nobody can see your misspellings...

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top