Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2005 3:42:28 PM EDT
Got some from a hunt but never made it before. Throwing it on the grill. How should I make it? What should it look like when it's ready? What would go good with it as a marinade/rub? Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Slowcooker with cream of mushroom soup.MMMMMmm  good
Also slowcooker with beef broth, these are for roasts.
Steak could be grilled just fine like steak from cow.
I just got call from butcher my deer is done ready to pick up tomorow woo hoo!
I will talk to friend and look for my recipies.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a teaspoon of crushed black pepper, garlic salt, salt and mix it with a tablespoon of worchester sauce and a 1/4 cup of olive oil to marinade, some "Monterey seasoning " from McCormick is similar.  Venison if low fat, it does not really sizzle so high heat will just burn steaks and make them tough.  some gys like to wrap a strip of bacon around the steak.  If you make hamburger, adding a little hamburger, sausage or trimmed beef fat will make it cook a little better. Without some fat it just wants to burn to the pan.

Depending on how honest your butcher is, you might want to consider turning some of it into summer sausage or german sausage for later.  One guy here got a nasty rep for swapping your meat for crap and stealing your tenderloin for himself.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't over-cook it.

Other than that, try a nice Thai Satay recipe.

Eric  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want to take out some of the wild taste soak it in milk overnight before doing anything else. It removes most of the blood.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Salt and pepper, cook to medium rare.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Tag...
Sean
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#8]
i'll get some beer.....Dont do anything till i get there!!! except start the fire
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I just fixed fresh deer tenderloin tonight for supper. After slicing it thick & butterflying it,I lightly seasoned with salt,pepper,garlic powder.Put some flour in a baggie, add a little bit more of the previously mentioned seasonings,add venison & shake.Shake off excess flour &  fry it in real butter until browned on both sides to your liking.Was'nt a single bit left.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#10]
For $3.50 plus shipping you can get this recipe book. Martini-butt loves it.

www.mdcnatureshop.com/mdc.cgi/01-0041.html
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Pot Roast just like beef.
Ground and my kids love it in taco's, prepared the same as beef!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top