Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2001 4:41:12 PM EDT
A couple of questions:

1.  Does anyone know when Ottawa (the Buffalo Pit) opens?
2.  Anyone up for a shoot there or elsewhere near Chicago?

I stocked up on ammo over the winter, have a few new toys that need breaking in, and have a real itch to smell some burned powder.  

AFARR

PS--I also have multiple exams coming up in April (the latter half), and would like to blow off some steam before hand.
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Buffalo range opens 'sometime' in April according to the recording of the range phone.  I have a new SAR1 that I want ot break in.  The only place I like to shoot now is there, I like the lack of rules.

Steve
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I am looking forward to our next Buffalo get-together, I hope we can have a cookout again. I'm feeling the need to shoot some of Grin & Barrett's toys!! [:D] [heavy]

COLTSHORTY

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 3/17/2001 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I missed the cookout, but made it for one of the shoots at the pit.

Based on G & B's toys, I got a State Arms Knob Creek 2000 (and I put a deposit on a used Barrett M82--but that won't be paid for until summer).  I also bought an HK 94 that will go away at the end of the summer for a conversion (and my poor Brother will have to have it registered to him until I move and can get it transfered back to me).

A couple of the new toys--Yugo and Chinese AK-47's (pre-ban), Dragunov TIGR, Benelli M3, DSA Standard rifle, and the FNC that is on the way to my dealer now (traded my HK 91 for that one)--and since this is the AR board, I finally got an upper (M-4) for my Lightweight Sporter lower--need to see what all the fuss is about for the M-4's.

Link Posted: 3/17/2001 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#4]
i will be up for a shoot. we/i need to find out when the place opens, then set up a date and hope i doesn't rain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top