Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2009 9:16:57 PM EDT
I dislocated my collar bone(pulled the clavicle and sternum apart)  about two year and half years ago.  Ever since then it has been a challenge to do anything.  My good friend, Craig, asked me to start going to the gym with him,  I told him fine and I was excited to go.  I had been lifting weighs in Physical Therapy.   I lifted no more than 30 lbs (free weighs) with my arms and lift a few hundred with my legs.  

The next day I was SORE!  I was having trouble getting out of my chair and bed.  I got into a hot shower and I felt better.  Craig called again two days later and said lets go again.  This next time around I use ONLY the 10lb free weigh.  I became even more sore!  If that is even possible.

I use a heating pad and it has been helping.  Should I get a muscle rub of some sort?  

What works for you all?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
somethings broken you should prolly go to the doctor
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I can feel the lumps when I rub over my arms, so can the girlfriend.  It hurts when she rubs, when I flex it feels better.  I was actually thinking about call my Family Doc, but I'm afraid he will chew my ass.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are you saying your clavicle is in pain, the muscles around it, or all your muscles?

If the pain is muscular, time is the best fix.  Time in the gym, that is.  15 minutes in a spa before bed helps me a lot too.

I will try the spa.  It is the muscles in my arm.  yes in front around the clavicle as well.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 7:30:53 AM EDT
[#5]
My advice is get medical advice. Don't take the chance, it's not worth it. I would rather wait until I got cleared medically then continue and screw myself up even more. If you thought about going to the Dr. in the first place, take that as your gut telling you something isn't right.

Heat and moisture can relieve the pain, but it's a tep. fix and it is not gonna treat it.

Just my humble .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top