Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 10:48:16 AM EDT
FOX News Poll: Nearly 1 in 5 Democrats Say World Will Be Better Off if U.S. Loses Warwww.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299374,00.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299374,00.html

What the hell is wrong with some people?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#1]
If the US were to LOSE the war, the people of earth would soon lose much more...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Look at the upside, 81% Democrats think that it would be bad for the US to lose the war.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
FOX News Poll: Nearly 1 in 5 Democrats Say World Will Be Better Off if U.S. Loses Warwww.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299374,00.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299374,00.html

What the hell is wrong with some people?

OK so that's like 10% of the population. I could believe that, isn't the % of muslims that want us dead about the same?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

OK so that's like 10% of the population. I could believe that, isn't the % of muslims that want us dead about the same?

I'm fairly sure that percentage is much, much higher
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Kick them out. Now. Treason loving bastards.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#6]
It gets worse: only 62% of Democrats surveyed definitively said NO.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#7]
To be fair, I think around 5-10% of any group is batshit crazy.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#8]
what...the...fuck
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:

Just don't send them to Europe. We have enough commies as it is. Send them to China.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just don't send them to Europe. We have enough commies as it is. Send them half way to China.

Fixed
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:57:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
FOX News Poll: Nearly 1 in 5 Democrats Say World Will Be Better Off if U.S. Loses War

<1=0, right?  You can't have a fraction of a person in a poll.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#13]
This parallels a political discussion I was having on a private email list. I copied one of my emails as it completely pertains to this topic. It describes my conclusion that many of the liberal anti-war-types are not really against the war, but are in reality anti-America. I do not use that term loosely; they really are against American independence:

----------------

Thanks for your response; hearing other's opinion is what I wanted to hear.

Perhaps I did not make my opinion as clear as it could be, as I actually agree with several of your responses. I will try to add clarity to my point of view.

With regards to the first question, "Why are people opposed to the war?" you provide a very good answer. I will agree that the opposition comes from a broad spectrum of political philosophies, from pacifists to racists. However, it is my opinion that the vast, vast majority of those in vehement opposition to this war are indeed from what has been called the "political left", and that their complaints sound hollow to me. So, I could understand a pacifist or a racist being against this war; their philosophies are consistent, albeit morally wrong. I would simply have to disagree with them and there would effectively be no debate.

But the "political left" in this country, the Cindy Sheehans and Hillary et al, have no consistent philosophy. They are simply against *this war* and have supported other invasions in the past like the Bosnian and Serbian invasion under the Clinton administration. Therefore, they cannot be pacifists.

Given the above evidence, I must conclude that the majority of the protestors are not against war, but against independent American action.

With regards to the second question, "Why aren't these people protesting Burma?" You mentioned that "because the government that is killing Iraqis is here to protest against". Fair enough. But *why* are they protesting our government for killing those Iraqis? If they are not pacifists they cannot be protesting merely because of killed Iraqis, they must believe this war is some how unjust as compared to other wars. I am looking for the *why* they are protesting.

In response to the third question, I will agree that many politicians of both the left and right (or whatever they portray themselves today) are intentionally trying to keep the U.S. southern border undefended for political reasons, and this is directly contrary to all of the arguments for going to war in Iraq (to protect the United States). For what it is worth, I call these politicians left or right New World Order types; neither are what they pretend to be as they both want the same thing: a one world government.

As for your last paragraph stated below (I won't repeat it all here) I'd simply ask you to hold on a second or two. I do not view the United States political environment as "left" and "right", as you suggest (even thought there are some left and right flavors out there, and I apologize for using the term "left" in a simplistic manner), I view it more as a Globalist vs American independence political environment. Of course, there are many splinter groups and other philosophies, but in general it is not a bad summary to describe the political struggles of any nation as the struggle between the two largest groups. "Left and Right" may indeed be obsolete terms.

So do not interpret my criticisms of what I previously called the "left" and should have more properly called "the leftist globalists" (as opposed to the right wing globalists, like Bush).  Both these groups, while fighting amongst themselves, are striving for the same goal – one world government.

I firmly support a citizen's right to dissent, as you pointed out, but do not be surprised if other citizens choose to invoke that right to criticize you. I never advocated censorship, I merely was voicing my opinion that, due to all the above inconstancies described above, the people protesting the war appear to me to actually be against American sovereignty and do not want this nation to be independent but rather want us to be apart of some nebulous global government that does not represent individual rights, i.e. "Anti-American".

With regards to all the tactics Bush has tried to undermine the Constitution (anti-Second, Fourth, Fifth Amendments and Habeus Corpus, wire tapping etc.) I am in complete agreement with you. Do not confuse my support for the war as support for Bush or any of these clearly unconstitutional acts.

So, in summary, I am concerned that the issue of "the War" is diffusing the real issue here; American Independence vs New World Order. Our opposition should be focused on preventing the Globalists from undermining the Constitution. The War in Iraq is merely a small piece of this conflict.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Fuckin' idiots.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?  Nearly 1 in 5 is a bullshit figure.

No... it's not saying nearly one person out of five people surveyed, it means that nearly one-fifth of people surveyed believe that we'd be better off losing the war. 19% is nearly 20%, 20% is one-fifth or one in five, therefore 19% is nearly one in five or nearly one-fifth.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?  Nearly 1 in 5 is a bullshit figure.

No... it's not saying nearly one person out of five people surveyed, it means that nearly one-fifth of people surveyed believe that we'd be better off losing the war. 19% is nearly 20%, 20% is one-fifth or one in five, therefore 19% is nearly one in five or nearly one-fifth.

Brain fart.  Shouldn't work and post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top