Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2004 1:04:15 PM EDT
Blasted 40 miles up I-95 at around 80mph to West Palm to see a man about a Rock River lower.  Picked that up, had a nice conversation for a few minutes, and then headed over to A1A to ride home along the beach.  Had a great ride south through Palm Beach County, past Boca, into Broward.  Saw many a fine honey on the parts of the road that give you a beach view.  They were out in force up in Palm Beach.  Got to Broward & rode down past the beach here, then west a hair past I95 to look at a neighborhood for some houses.  Got a pleasent surprise to see that a neighborhood I had been discounting as ghetto really isn't, and it's only 4 miles from downtown and my favorite drinking holes.  That's an easy cab ride.  Then back to A1A to ride up the beach to come home.  Many more young hotties showin their stuff.  Did lock up the rear wheel for a few feet when I got distracted by titties and didn't see the car stopped in front of me.  It's not a bike ride in South Florida though if you don't almost die, so that wasn't out of the ordinary.

I was torn today as to whether to hit the IDPA match an hour south, or head out on the Hog.  I definately made the right choice!  Helped me clear my head and get some things straight, just like a good bike ride always does.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got off my bike 5 minutes ago and was thinking of starting a similar thread.  Beautiful day to ride!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice Norman!  I wish sometimes I lived in a warmer climate.  It is just now warm enough to ride here in Ohio (although I've been riding since April 1) .

Did you go to Daytona for bike week?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
thats a sporty which is a hoglet
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#5]
It ain't a Harley, but it sure was a fine day for a ride.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#6]
You were in my neck of the woods, guy.  The wife and I live in Jupiter, about 10 miles north of West Palm.

Glad to hear you had a good ride.  I never left the house due to a hangover.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.  I jsut took mine to the dealer today for an estimate.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I rode about 50 miles today and it was PERFECT. Nice twisty roads that cut straight through the woods, shade with a few patches of sun through the trees, and thank heavnes no turtles on the road this time. (Last ride I was going 80 mph and almost hit a large snapping turtle, would have thrown me for sure)

I could ride and shoot all day long, and do NOTHING else.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:09:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm here tonight slathered in cold cream because I burn easily...

Yep, all day on the bike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top