Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2015 8:29:42 PM EDT
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35308903&nid=148&title=alleged-hate-crimes-against-gay-delta-man-were-staged-police-say&fm=home_page&s_cid=topstory

DELTA — After investigating a brutal attack and vandalism against a gay man, the Millard County Sheriff’s Office announced Tuesday afternoon that the crimes were staged.

Does anyone else get suspicious when some "tragedy" happens and the fundraising begins?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#1]
With all the false claims that have come to light from nasty notes on CC receipts to false allegations of assault and rape....I take them all with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I recently saw a story about 6 or so black churches that mysteriously burned down since the Charleston shootings. I'm willing to bet they were all set by members of the church hoping to cash in and get a new one.
View Quote

I saw a report today that only two might have been arson.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I recently saw a story about 6 or so black churches that mysteriously burned down since the Charleston shootings. I'm willing to bet they were all set by members of the church hoping to cash in and get a new one.
View Quote

I hadn't heard about that. I would think a bunch of churches burning down would make big national news. Interesting it has been downplayed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Fucking sick of this shit.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:49:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fucking sick of this shit.
View Quote

Agreed ALL OF IT
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Kind of genius!  But, can he be sued by the doners?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:07:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Kind of genius!  But, can he be sued by the doners?

View Quote

I would hope there would be some criminal fraud charges.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I called this back when I read the article.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35308903&nid=148&title=alleged-hate-crimes-against-gay-delta-man-were-staged-police-say&fm=home_page&s_cid=topstory

DELTA — After investigating a brutal attack and vandalism against a gay man, the Millard County Sheriff’s Office announced Tuesday afternoon that the crimes were staged.

Does anyone else get suspicious when some "tragedy" happens and the fundraising begins?
View Quote

These days I look at every big news story as if it could be a false flag

and I don't see why the donors can't sue. hell that'll teach him!
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Curious if you can think of anything that set your radar off.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Heard that too and thought the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I hadn't heard about that. I would think a bunch of churches burning down would make big national news. Interesting it has been downplayed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Black guy just confessed to putting anonymous threatening posters around a black church telling them he was going to go all Charleston on them...
scared the heck out them...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

With all the false claims that have come to light from nasty notes on CC receipts to false allegations of assault and rape....I take them all with a grain of salt.
View Quote

His story sounded fishy from the beginning.  It was really suspicious to me that such an infamous crime -- the assailant supposedly carved "DIE FAG" in his arm -- would go unsolved in such a small town.

The logical conclusion was that either the cops were protecting the perp because he was well-connected to local political/religious leaders, or that it was a hoax.  The fact the guy's own father didn't think it was a hate crime sealed the deal for me.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It was the guy's father.  I you remember in the original articles, he said he didn't think it was a hate crime -- even though someone had supposedly carved "DIE FAG" in his gay son's arm.

It was obvious to me he knew something about his son, and I think he was trying to send a subtle message to everyone to not believe everything he said.

ETA:  Here's the original Trib story.  Oh, and the comments are great.  Libtards gonna libtard.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2618560-155/millard-county-sheriff-investigating-apparent-gay-hate

"The man's father, however, told The Salt Lake Tribune, that he is less
certain that his 21-year-old son's sexual orientation has driven the
unsettling attacks, although he declined to specifically state other
reasons
. "

He knew his son was making it up, and tried to downplay it before the story got out of control.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:35:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
Two of them have had the causes identified- one struck by lightning, and one caused by downed power lines. As an added bonus, the one struck by lightning is NOT a black church.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well yeah, when you burn a property down and collect sympathy and insurance money, it is arson.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:39:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not GarandM1, and keep in mind I only saw a small blurb on a friends Facebook post, but what struck me was it was just too perfect. Young gay man beaten and disfigured by intolerant small-town hick bigots. It's like it was written for an audience who thinks every day is Mississippi Burning for the chosen minority of the day.

Also because every high profile 'hate crime' lately, Charleston dick-head side, ends up being fake.

After seeing what GarandM1 wrote, the "small town, we don't know who it was" factor played a role in my thinking too. I didn't know that about his dad.  Yeah. Wonder if the folks who flogged the hate crime story are going to issue any front page corrections.  Ha! I know they won't.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'm not GarandM1, and keep in mind I only saw a small blurb on a friends Facebook post, but what struck me was it was just too perfect. Young gay man beaten and disfigured by intolerant small-town hick bigots. It's like it was written for an audience who thinks every day is Mississippi Burning for the chosen minority of the day.

Also because every high profile 'hate crime' lately, Charleston dick-head side, ends up being fake.

After seeing what GarandM1 wrote, the "small town, we don't know who it was" factor played a role in my thinking too. I didn't know that about his dad.  Yeah. Wonder if the folks who flogged the hate crime story are going to issue any front page corrections.  Ha! I know they won't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This too.  It was like one of those hackneyed episodes of "CSI".

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#20]
same as all the 'lynch ropes' found on people's lockers.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It was the guy's father.  I you remember in the original articles, he said he didn't think it was a hate crime -- even though someone had supposedly carved "DIE FAG" in his gay son's arm.

It was obvious to me he knew something about his son, and I think he was trying to send a subtle message to everyone to not believe everything he said.

ETA:  Here's the original Trib story.  Oh, and the comments are great.  Libtards gonna libtard.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2618560-155/millard-county-sheriff-investigating-apparent-gay-hate

"The man's father, however, told The Salt Lake Tribune, that he is less certain that his 21-year-old son's sexual orientation has driven the unsettling attacks, although he declined to specifically state other reasons. "

He knew his son was making it up, and tried to downplay it before the story got out of control.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"The man's father, however, told The Salt Lake Tribune, that he is less certain that his 21-year-old son's sexual orientation has driven the unsettling attacks, although he declined to specifically state other reasons. "

Good reading between the lines.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#22]
More and more, I think "gay" is more of a cry for attention, than anything else.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Hate Crime Hoax: Utah Gay Man Admits He Carved “Die Fag” Into His Own Arm…

The Washington Times reports that a series of anti-gay “crimes” took place against Richard Jones beginning in April 2015. The first attack left the young businessman with a bruised face and the words “die f*g” carved into his arm. After the seemingly horrifying anti-gay attack, Jones troubles did not end. Five days after the apparent hate-fueled assault, Jones’ home was vandalized with the same harmful words. On June 10th, the “attacks” came to a head when a molotov cocktail was thrown into the family’s home and their pizza business was robbed of $1,000 and spray painted.
View Quote

“The investigation has come to an end today with the admission of Richard (Rick) L. Jones, Jr to having staged all of the incidents. We are working with the Millard County Attorneys Office to determine the next step. We urge community members to continue to be supportive of the Jones family.”
View Quote

Of course he is mentally ill.

Jones’ lawyer claims that the young man’s actions were a “cry for help” and that the man is seeking mental health treatment.
View Quote

http://www.inquisitr.com/2216170/man-carved-words-die-fg-into-his-own-arm-to-fake-gay-hate-crime/#utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=SocialFlow
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
<snip>

View Quote

I'm shocked, this must be the first time in history this has happened.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sort of wondering whose burning them

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

We've had plenty of all types of churches broken into, vandalized, and a few burned for years around here.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

all because a cake shop wouldn't make him a fruitcake for his wedding
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Gofundme need to be shut down
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Professional victims sure know how to milk money from GoFundMe
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#30]
I suspect in a lot of cases GoFundMe turns into I'mARubeForDonating.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean getting struck by lightning isn't arson?  

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Using electronic means to receive the donations or post the sob story makes it a federal crime, wire fraud. If federal LE investigated the crime and he lied to an investigator he could be charged for that too. He could even be found guilty if he never talked to or had anything to do with a federal investigator, if his false statements were submitted to a federal investigator.  

18 U.S.C. Section 1001 is so broadly interpreted that a person doesn't even need to lie to a federal investigator to be in violation of it. In United States v. Yermian, Yermian lied to his employer but because his employer submitted the questionnaire that he lied on to the federal government he was convicted. The Supreme Court held that there is no basis for requiring proof that the defendant had actual knowledge of federal agency jurisdiction.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:08:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I suspect in a lot of cases GoFundMe turns into I'mARubeForDonating.

View Quote

I would be curious to see how many crowd funding campaigns actually end with a successful project.  Outside of GoFundMe, there are sites dedicated to funding things like product development.. many are funded but I wonder how many actually end up with a worthwhile consumer product.  Probably not many.

Anyone who jumps on the GoFundMe social cause of the week is just an idiot.

I have an idea for a SJW oriented crowdfunding site that would probably make me a lot of money as the libs would flock to it to piss away their money lmao
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#34]
He should go fund himself.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There have been a lot of thunder storms in the South recently .Lighting does play a part .   But I have also been in some of the older churches in the South , especially in rural areas .   Most have had electrical work and other work done by church members .  To say that the work  is not up to code or common sense would be a gross understatement.  They are usually poor and take what ever help they can get .  Applies to both black and white churches .

gd
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#36]
"We urge community members to continue to be supportive of the Jones family."        

How about...No.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There have been a lot of thunder storms in the South recently .Lighting does play a part .   But I have also been in some of the older churches in the South , especially in rural areas .   Most have had electrical work and other work done by church members .  To say that the work  is not up to code or common sense would be a gross understatement.  They are usually poor and take what ever help they can get .  Applies to both black and white churches .

gd
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

gd

I vaguely remember that when the old "whitey burns down black churches" gag got played on the network news during the Clinton administration, it turned out that almost all the fires were not arson, and the arson ones were started by black members of the congregation. I think there were also several reports of arson at churches that had not had fires of any kind.

The whole thing was a bigoted concoction from a democrat administration and reporters who honestly believed that blacks are helpless, little children who can only be saved by whites.

Remind you of Ferguson and Baltimore? It should.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#38]
The news articles just seemed a bit too... conveniently timed... when they came out, right after the shooting, and made me wonder.

As another poster commented, if you remember back during Slick Willie's reign, the media played up "the rash of black churches
being burned by those evil white supremacists...", etc, that turned out to be bogus. I personally believe that it's another case of media
spin, reporting what would normally been a page 6 article, if that, about an inch long, never to be heard of again.

(Putting on my fire hat...) General studies show that approximately 1700-1800 churches burn per year. Rough math puts that to be
around 5 to 6, per day.... Don't you get sick of all the lengthy news stories and paper articles that you hear & read about this? Oh yeah,
you don't, as it's not newsworthy unless they decide it is....

ISTR that about 30% fall under the category of maintenance issues alone, with the rest being spread out between honest-to-goodness
arson for whatever reason, acts of nature, etc. So you'll hear about it until they decide that the 'news-worthiness' has been milked for
what it's worth, and it'll go back to being a non-reported item again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top