Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2002 4:55:31 PM EDT
I just bought "The Complete Encyclopedia of Automatic Army Rifles" : "A comprehensive guide to army rifles from around the world"

304 pages, 6x9 hardcover. ISBN# 1931 040 044 2001 edition. Cost- $30 shipped to me by a book store.

This book covers many rifles and MGs aphabetically by maker giving basic stats and about 3-4 paragraphs of pertinent info on the maker and 3-4 sentences of basic info following each model of rifle listed for the maker. Where this book shines is the beautiful pictures, many I have never seen in other books or mags, nice touch.Also, ALL the pics were color.
The book was not as comprehensive as I would like but it is not bad and it include many civilian makers such as Bushmaster, Calico, D+L Sports, Mossberg, Ruger, Sako, Knights Armory, Z-M Weapons, etc. Book would make a nice addition to any collection.
Hope this helps,
BrenLover
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone else buy or read any good gun books they would like to recomend?
BrenLover
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The [b]ULTIMATE[/b] handbook for anyone who likes or collects SMLEs is "The Lee-Enfield Story" by Ian Skennerton. IIRC, it cost me about $59.95 from ?Small Arms Press. It is printed (or was) by I.D.S.A. Books.

It has OVER 500 pages, and is PROFUSELY illustrated with all the various versions of the SMLE over the years.

For those interested in SMLEs, Alaske Enfield Headquarters has a website....

Scott

P.S. I'll try and find the AEH website....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top