Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2001 7:19:39 AM EDT
THINKING ABOUT ADDING TO COLLECTION  ANY INFO.....
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I own several cz75's and one b model. IMHO,they are one of the best pistols available, plus they are usually around at pretty good prices. If you get one, pick up the 22lr conversion, they are a blast(no pun intended)

Rick
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I own a 85 Combat and it has proven to be the most accurate 9mm I have owned and 100% reliable. Great pistol at a great price.

[:D]
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#3]
The most reliable and accurate 9mm on the market barring none.  Can't understand why people even bother with the Berrettas, SIGs, Glocks, and S&Ws.  All cost more and provide less.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a CZ75B, it is a very comfortable gun to shoot.  Pre-ban mags are readily avaible.  Personally, I would have liked to buy an CZ85 instead.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 10:32:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Go for it! I didn't know which pistol I wanted as my first handgun and unfortunately I had a limited budget. As I read more about the 75 and all the positive reviews I decided to get one. Then a month later I got one in .40. Next month I am going to get the CZ97 in .45.

I am not a great shot but I was getting decent body shots at 50 yards and 4" groups at 25. Also 15rd mags are plentiful.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Question for ya cz75fan...The first time I handled and shot a CZ75 was back in the early '80's when they were still rather exotic
"commie smuggled" in imports. The thing I recall most clearly was its glass smooth double action - as good or better than a well worn SW.
Tried out the double action on a new CZ75 at the local gun emporium recently, and was most unimpressed with the double action. Has CZ sucumbed to the "good enough for dumb Americans" new age version of old world craftsmanship, or did I handle an atypical CZ?
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Has CZ sucumbed to the "good enough for dumb Americans" new age version of old world craftsmanship, or did I handle an atypical CZ?
View Quote

You must have gotten an atypical CZ.  Their quality went down a bit a few years ago with the MRI imported guns but since then they have installed a lot of new CNC machinery and the new pistols are actually better than the old '80's models (of which I have several).  Actually even the worst CZ75 I have ever seen had a better trigger than some of the more faddish alternatives promoted in movies and used by your local PD.
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#8]
If it was the 75b there's a good chance it wouldn't have quite the trigger of the earlier pistols. The b model have the firing pin block that only disengages when the trigger is squeezed. Also CZ used a piece of equipment to cycle every pistol several hundred times before it left the factory, that's why all new CZ's were drenched in oil. I'm not sure if they are still using this procedure. I know one thing my 1982 vesion and my 1991 cz85 is as smooth as silk, needless to say I shoot these two more than the others.
Rick
Link Posted: 3/14/2001 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys. I will have to look around for one of those smoooth ones.
Link Posted: 3/15/2001 4:39:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought a 85b last fall, when I got it the trigger was rather gritty, However after 5-600 rnds it has smoothed out nicely,So even if you get one that does'nt have a trigger as smooth as you like just shoot it, it'll smooth itself out, and just get better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top