Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2001 3:36:34 PM EDT
by Mark Bowden.  Any of you guys read the book?  Lots of details about the Rangers and birds over Mogideshu, Somalia.

Seems like a good book  as I am half way thru it.  Anyone been there and read the book?  Looked like real hot firefights at times.

steady
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Great book.  Checkout the official web site.  They many more pixs and maps.  A lot of real interesting stuff.  http://www.philly.com/packages/somalia/nov16/default16.asp

Oh yes, while you are there check out the definition of a CAR15, in the GLOSSARY section.  They call "CAR-15 - Colt Automatic Rifle 15, an automatic weapon......" we all know that the "C" it stands for 'collapsible' stock.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Great book, soon to be a movie.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I read it. Good Book.

I am a little apprehensive about hollywood getting their mits on the story, though.

All the World's Finest!
http://www.Lightfighter.com
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Love the slang in the book.  SP "skinny popper" (MP5), and "bullet magnet" (humVees)!

Maybe I will get thru with it in a couple days.  Lots of shooting, and weapons.  Lots of damage to folks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Good info on ammo not to use.
Link Posted: 1/25/2001 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#6]
just finished it and gave to my dad to read while recooperating from bypass--there is more shooting in this book than anything i've ever read-i just wish it was fiction...Dick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top