Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2001 5:39:33 PM EDT
and picked up an Pelican Case (model 1650) for $195 out the door.

I also picked up some misc cleaning stuff at some good prices.

I attempted to make some purchases on ammo, but none of the dealers would budge on price. Some guy was selling S&B .223 (55 gr) for about 4 bucks a box. Asked for his best price on a 1000 rounds and his reply was that he has no cases, only these loose boxes. When I said he has more than 50 boxes and could make up a case he said he makes more money selling them as single units.

I saw PMP ammo for $100 per 500 rounds. Ouch!!!!

I offered two different vendors $190 for a case of Winchester .223 (Q3131) and they said no.

I also offered $100 for a case if Wolf .223 ammo to yet another vendor and guess what.... once again the answer was no.

The prices I offered were fair. I would get a good deal and they would have made a small profit, but if they would rather lug around these cases of ammo than so be it.

When I got home I simply ordered ammo from sportsmansguide.com and used the 20% off coupon.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey JThompson, some of the dealers at these Central Florida gun shows are a pain in the ass. Ever try to buy Hi-caps from some of these guys? We had a show in Volusia County a while back and I ran into the same problem you did.                            -Trigg
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]
JT, check out Florida Ammo Traders, they have some pretty good prices on ammo.  
http://www.floridaammotraders.com/
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
JT, check out Florida Ammo Traders, they have some pretty good prices on ammo.  
http://www.floridaammotraders.com/
View Quote

[url]www.floridaammotraders.com[/url]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:07:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I was looking for USGI high caps at the Dallas gun show today. I get better deals on mags from my fellow members on this site!
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 10:44:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I checked www.floridaammotraders.com and did not see anything that caught my eye. Sportsman, Ammoman or Natchez seem to have better prices. Plus, since I live in FL, I would now have to pay sales tax.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I also have very little luck at FL gun shows.  Most of the vendors are absolute jerks.  I am tempted to do my own gun show:

'Florida's Finest Gun Show'

It'd be me, a laptop pc, modem connection and a $3 cover charge.  I feel I could beat nearly every price by shopping on the 'net.  

There's only one FL vendor I have true respect for, it's the guy who sells reloading supplies (can't remember his business name??) and reloaded ammunition.  He has GOOD PRICES, well laid out tables, well packaged reloaded ammo AND MOST OF ALL IS INFORMATIVE & POLITE!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#7]
There is a kid here who comes down from Georgia who sells ammo. I think he got his license to re-load commercially.
DAMN GOOD STUFF!

Other than that, yeah.
Florida shows suck for "gun guys" but they are like El-Dorado for the typical guy who "...just wants to buy a gun..."

I think that the C3 tables aren't there to sell anything as they are to just show off all the bab-ass hardware.
Anyone seen thier prices?
LMAO!
What a F**King joke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top