Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2014 9:05:08 AM EDT
Local store is going to put in an order for these and I'm on the list.  For $45, why not I guess.

From what little info I could find, it appears to operate like a regulated mech mod.  2000mah battery .  Fires down to .25ohm.

I'm fairly new to mech mods, but my biggest fear is over discharging my ~$16 battery.  My biggest gripe is getting to a buddy's house and having the battery voltage drop and give bad performance.

If the reviews and specs are correct, this should remedy both issues.

anybody given one a shot yet?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Been thinking about picking one up since the reviews on it have been so good. If you're in a hurry they seem to be in stock at some ebay vendors link  I'll probably end up buying another VW mod instead though.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll just wait for the local shop.  Not in a huge hurry and I try to support them when I can.

For ~$40-$45, assuming it works well, it could be a mech mod killer.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Just ordered let's see what she does
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm fairly new to mech mods, but my biggest fear is over discharging my ~$16 battery.  My biggest gripe is getting to a buddy's house and having the battery voltage drop and give bad performance.

View Quote

I just don't think that's gonna happen.

When the voltage gets low, the vapor gets wet. You can tell.

It becomes more like steam than vapor.

As for performance drop, I don't experience that until the vapor gets wet...

and 2 is 1 and 1 is 0, so I always have a spare charged battery.

I mean, good luck with the new battery...

But personally, I'd rather buy four new 18650s instead.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Supposed to come in a removable 18650 version as well.

I can see where it would appeal to some. I personally don't do mech mods, so can't help you with that (I drip on a DNA40 box I built, but the vast majority of the time, I just want the nicotine and run tanks )
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Definitely cool.  More products to choose from is always good.  Definitely not a mech mod killer, though.  Mechs are mostly cheaper (even factoring in two 18650s), can have a battery swap so youre not tethered to a USB cord if you wanna vape while its charging, have no electronics to go bad, are basically indestructible and mostly smaller.  My 4Nine mechanical is the same height as a standard Bic lighter is 18650 mode.

Overdischarging a battery in a mechanical is very, very unlikely.  The hit will get so weak before it gets to 3.2v, that you will swap it out for a fresh batt, long before that.

That being said, I really do think the Aspire is a cool product.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top