Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2003 2:31:20 PM EDT
Have you guys seen that alarm commerical where the bad guy smashes into the kitchen while the mom and kids are home, and they run upstairs and she puts the chair under the door knob and the alarm guy calls and everything turns out okay after he asks her some stupid questions?

Why doesn't Bushmaster make that ad?  Same thing until she gets upstairs with the kids, the alarm guy calls and the kid answers and holds the phone out to mom to talk while the guy runs up the stairs.

Alarm Guy: "Mrs. Smith? Alarm guy here. What is wrong?"

Mom: "A bad guy broke in and is coming for us."

AG: "I hear a clack and racking snicking sound, are you okay?"

Mom: "We are now."

I came up with it while watching the tube and sipping Great Divide's fairly good new (to me) porter.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
worst commercial ever for some reason the criminal gets scared of a little alarm but has no problem breaking a window with a family inside.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]

I'd make a $50 contribution to the company that made that a nationwide ad.

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'd make a $50 contribution to the company that made that a nationwide ad.

View Quote

I'll send a $50 check the 1st time I see it on TV to the company that makes THAT commercial!

Total: $100
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#6]
[snoopy]!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:46:13 PM EDT
[#7]
That one guy makes a queer expression and he's like "I'll notify your local authorities"
and she's like "thank you so much!"...

Only word that comes to mind is DUMBASSES!!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#8]
funny, I few years ago the NRA did an audio commercial about something similar, and from what I understand, this event actully happened.

This woman calls 911, and the 911 operator answers, the caller says someone is breaking into my place and she's pleading for the PD to help her. The oper in the meanwhile says stay on the line and help is on the way. In the background you can hear the bang! bang! where the BG was breaking down the woman's door. All of a sudden, the there a super loud BANG! and the BG breaks thru. The poor woman is still pleading for the 911 oper to send some help, and then the phone line goes dead, and all you hear is a dial tone. The woman was killed in the end.

All of the major networks refused to carry the add, I forget the reason, but.....
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I've seen the same stupid commercial, except I remember the "dad" being there too.  What a pussy!  Locking himself in the bedroom like a scared bitch and calling the cops.  I wish they all would have got their skulls bashed in.  That would have served them right for not having an AR leaning next to the bed.  God, what a bunch of liberal BS!  I was having a good night until you reminded me about that damn commercial!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh please Mr alarm man, call the police for me, I don't know where I am or what in the world to do, OH , help me, oh please come quick too cause my babies are here cowering in fear with me, Oh please don't hurt me too much while you're waiting for the alarm man to call the police and maybe get my address right mr. burglar man.

Oh Barf...

My Mrs., meets mr. burglar man with the 12guage and he'll be leavin', how is his choice.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I seen that stupid damn alarm commercial-about threw up. Just how stupid can some people get.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top