Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2002 6:48:39 PM EDT
It's been awhile since I heard anything about the Tavor.  Thought Barrett was thinking about manufacturing one here.  Anyone have any more information on it?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I havn't heard anything since the SHOT show. Barrett says it should be out sometime this summer. The sec it comes out I want one! Anyone up for a group purchase?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is the Israeli army Tavor:
[img]http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/tavor/tarbig.gif[/img]

Here is the turd-like bastardization that Barrett is releasing under the misnomer "civilian Tavor":
[img]http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/tavor/tavor-civi.gif[/img]

They look so alike, I can hardly tell the difference.  Barrett is scheduled to release this fine piece of craftmanship and ergonomic marvel later this year.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#3]
They do appear to be completely different rifles. Someone please tell me when Barrett really releases the Tavor or drops the price 500$ for whatever that other thing is.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#4]
PoliticalScience, yeah it ain't quite the same. But still beats the hell out of a Bushmaster M17.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
PoliticalScience, yeah it ain't quite the same. But still beats the hell out of a Bushmaster M17.
View Quote

What's wrong with the M17?  Everyone I talked to likes theirs with the exception of the trigger-pull, which is inescapable in a bullpup, and will likley be present in the Tavor as well.

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What's wrong with the M17?  Everyone I talked to likes theirs with the exception of the trigger-pull, which is inescapable in a bullpup, and will likley be present in the Tavor as well.

View Quote

UGLY.
Fails often.
Charging handle REALLY SUCKS/
Irons suck.

[img]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/m17s/30-900-sa.jpg[/img]

Probably the WORST bullpup I ever shot.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:00:37 AM EDT
[#7]
What the HELL?!?!?!  How can Barrett even have the gall to call that hideous thing a Tavor?  Who are they kidding?

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 3:11:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, to be fair, it does fairly closely resemble the supressed version build for their spec ops:

[img]http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/tavor/new-mtar.jpg[/img]

But, if they were going to build something that obviously was not going to be supressed, why not make it look like the standard version?  Maybe someone will make a barrel shroud for a closer match...

Rocko
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:31:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I keep a few informal lists regarding firearms - gonna get, would like to get, like it but can't afford to get and don't want.

The Tavor(?) has made it to my don't want to get list.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I like it, not as well as the original, and probably not enough to spend $1600 on it, but I would say that it is the coolest looking and (probably) best functioning bullpup that will be available to us peons for a while.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Call me crazy, but I like the look of the bastardized civie version better.  Doesn't look as 'toy-like' to me.  But that's just my 2 Israeli pesos (or whatever they use[:)]).

In the end, the price tag will be high ($2000+ I think I heard), so I won't be too interested.  Not to interested in Bullpups, but at that price, I'd find a nice used USR or drop the big bucks for an AUG with a lefty kit of course...
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 5:59:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Call me crazy, but I like the look of the bastardized civie version better.  Doesn't look as 'toy-like' to me.  But that's just my 2 Israeli pesos (or whatever they use[:)]).

In the end, the price tag will be high ($2000+ I think I heard), so I won't be too interested.  Not to interested in Bullpups, but at that price, I'd find a nice used USR or drop the big bucks for an AUG with a lefty kit of course...
View Quote

Thank you, I thought I was the only one who thought that the civvie version looks beter then the origional! I heard $1500. I want to see what they are like when they come out to compare it to the USR, but I'll likley get it anyway, I [b]love[/b] bullpups!
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:20:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:28:38 AM EDT
[#15]
We spoke to Barrett about this & ATF has slowed things down.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:07:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We spoke to Barrett about this & ATF has slowed things down.  
View Quote

Slowed them down? What are they doing, I thought that it was going to be made here so what can they do.

Am I mistaken and is it going to be a 922r gun?

Please explain this has me concerned! Thanx in advance for the info.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Anybody got the breaking news?
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Does anyone have any information about the staus of the Tavor? I am really looking forward to this gun!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I havn't heard anything since the SHOT show. Barrett says it should be out sometime this summer. The sec it comes out I want one! Anyone up for a group purchase?
View Quote

I'm in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top