Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2001 7:21:03 PM EDT
Thought it was time to resurrect these images of our first assault weapons as a reminder of what our brothers in arms used when they stood up against tyranny. They had "balls". And I don't mean lead. [:D]

What do we do as gunowners to slow or stop the loss of our gun rights? How do we stand up to this evil?
Is contacting our congress critters enough?

When does it become "serious"? I mean, will there ever be an outright ban? Sometimes I think it will never happen. Other times, when I see the hysteria whipped up by some event involving a gun, the misinformed could help the snowball get rolling against us and presto, we are criminals. (like all the MMMer's who think its for the children)

What does Sarah Brady really have against Blackpowder shooters? HR 1112, if it gets off the ground, is a small step against us.

When are recreational shooters gonna wake up and smell the bacon. The bacon is gonna be our behinds when we lose our guns. How many of us here are prepared to stand together? I realize that the 2nd Amendment applies to me. It is not the governments job to protect me. It is my responsibility to have a functional weapon and be familiar with its use.

[b][center]At what point do we make the stand as gunowners and say "enough is enough"?[/center][/b]

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1495478&a=11308089&p=39716094[/img]

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1495478&a=11308089&p=39715514[/img]

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1495478&a=11308089&p=39757566[/img]

Link Posted: 4/11/2001 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Well...since you asked.  Why not try this on for size?  [url]http://www.infowars.com/rally.html[/url]

Texans to Rally
for Their Second Amendment Heritage

Austin, TX: There can no longer be any doubt: the Second Amendment, our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, is under the greatest attack in American history since 1776. Concerned Americans from across Texas and surrounding states will be converging Sunday, April 22, 2001 in Austin, Texas on the south steps of the Texas State Capitol from 12:00 Noon to 3:00 PM to let their voices be heard.

Semper Fi

Link Posted: 4/11/2001 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]
that is an excellent link, but is a rally enough? Do "they" really hear us. I am not advocating something more, just wondering what it is gonna take...
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#3]
A single rally will NEVER be enough.  But what if there were 50 rallies, one at each State Captol, at least TWICE a month?  I don't know at what point "They" will start to listen, but I do know the point when "They" will feel.

Semper Fi... or should it be Semper If...If I had a government that served me as faithfully as I served it!
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Ditto,
DPeacher,
Do you know if there is a link to an organization that sets up rallies in all states? My state capitolis only an hour away.
This is a little different, the NRA was 40 mins away from me for an event with all the big cheese in attendance, but did I know about it before I saw it on C-Span? Noooooo.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Ditto,
DPeacher,
Do you know if there is a link to an organization that sets up rallies in all states? My state capitol is only an hour away.
This is a little different, the NRA was 40 mins away from me for an event with all the big cheese in attendance, but did I know about it before I saw it on C-Span? Noooooo.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Forgot to mention, in my initial post, I am not implying that we don't have balls. We are in a different time warp today.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Grundsau,

My fellow Citizen and Patriot, the NRA has a web site, check your browser for any State affiliated pro RKBA organizations.  Take a listen to Alex Jones.  Jones is a bit "abrasive" sometimes and the rest of the time he is rude, but he has some good info about what is going on and how to make things happen, sometimes good medicine tastes bad!

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 4:01:07 AM EDT
[#8]
DPeacher,
I have been to the NRA's website. I wanted to volunteer more of my time after the attempted election coup.
I was told to contact my field rep.
I did.
He stated that he doesn't really handle volunteerism but rather NRA banquets and stuff. Well I am not gonna waste my time on food fests, I can do that myself at the local pizza shop  [:D] He is a nice guy though.

I called the NRA back, they have these listings for everything you can volunteer for. I asked the simple question, "tell me about these programs", I couldn't get a straight answer. I was willing to help and they couldn't give me any further info on where I could fit in. At that point I just gave up.

Is Alex Jones webcasted? I may not be able to get him locally.
Thanx for the input.
I don't mean to sound like a "super patriot", just a frustrated one..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top