Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 10:23:48 PM EDT
Guns solve conflict, it's a no brainer.

Damn the daily show is funny.  Even though it was pretty much an anti gun bit about allowing CCW in bars, it was still funny as hell.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 10:28:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I am a late night TV fan myself.  I love being awake alone in the house late at night.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#2]
the Daily Show USED to be funny....
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
the Daily Show USED to be funny....

Back in 199?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#4]
It was funny during the Clinton Administration, when they didn't have a political agenda to pass off as comedy. Now, it sucks balls.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not as funny as when the had the two Stevens and Mo Rocca, but it can still be pretty darned funny.  Well, at least the Dateline style news bits.  I don't really watch any other part of the show.

The funniest classic one was the "Gaydar" kid who developed beepers that gay people wear that go off when they get close to one another.  Yet he denied being gay the whole time.  Stephen Colbert was absolutely hilarious interveiwing him.

The coverage during the last election when they were on the McCain bus was really damn funny as well.  Don't quite have the confidence in the new crew for this election though.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#6]
There are basically three Daily Shows:

1.  Craig Kilborn.  Very mean-spirited and acerbic humor.  He was great at delivering the fake news, because he looked and sounded like a tv anchorman.  But he wasn't so great at interviews.

2.  Jon Stewart takes over.  He's not good at delivering the fake news, mostly because he smiles and laughs and delivers it like he knows it's a joke.  But he's a much better and spontaneously funny interviewer.

3.  Jon Stewart makes the shoe more serious.  Instead of movie tv and music stars, he starts bringing on journalists, book authors, and politicians.  Just strikes me as weird.  But this is when he starts getting taken SERIOUSLY and people start watching the Daily Show for NEWS
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:39:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Lately I have hated every episode of The Daily Show because of their obvious bias, but I found tonights episode to be very funny.  I just thought it was hilarious when he went from shooting the pistol, to drinking a little bit then blasting away with the Spas-12, to drinking a lot more and hugging the target.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top