Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2001 7:44:10 PM EDT
Thinking of buyint a GGG MAD sight or an ARMS 40 what do you guys think about the 2 sights and who has the best price on them?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
gezzz I hit the post button and it was already at the bottom of the page. btt
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I've heard that the MAD doesn't "ghost out" for some people which makes it seem like you're looking thru a hole in a wall.  I just ordered an ARMS #40 the other day from [url]www.botachtactical.com[/url] for $86.00 before S&H.  That's about the best price I've seen.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#3]
What is ghosting if I might ask?  Is it good or bad?
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#4]
It is just a term for the way the rear apeture looks when you have a correct sight picture.  When you focus on the front sight post, the rear sight will get kinda fuzzy and won't draw the attention of your eye away from the front sight.  With the MAD, I've heard that since there is so much metal around the actual apeture, your eye has a harder time getting a proper sight picture.  I've never used one myself so I can't really say what it is like for sure.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Infantry556 is it pretty well built?  I mean will it hold up to being knocked around and used?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top