Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 35
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:35:06 PM EDT
[#1]
In for providing help with medical support -can't be there but can help with $ at Chinook or NAR.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 11:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm coming in from MN

The plan is leaving the 17th to arrive by the 19th dont have a landing point yet, wife will be joining me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 3:02:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I will be there with one additional person.

No prior military or medical.

We will have Plates and Rifles.

Arriving late on the 18th, leaving early on the 22nd.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 3:16:54 AM EDT
[#4]
@Miles_Urbanus your inbox is full, disregard my first message.  Somehow when hitting send it erased everything.   IM me an email if necessary.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 3:18:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd like to add: for any out of staters that may be on the fence about going, if you decide NOT to go, PLEASE donate as much as you can to VCDL.org

A seat on the charter buses is $35.  $1,500 is about the price for the whole bus.  Signage, food, water, logistics, etc are all things that they can put money towards.
View Quote
I live far away and cannot attend due to work, but I am definitely donating, and I have relatives in VA as well that plan to go to the rally. I do have one question though; will gear and firearms be allowed on the charter buses?
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 3:22:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Too bad we can’t have PRG-117G to help out with comms. Been operating those for 11 years
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 3:23:56 AM EDT
[#7]
@Miles_Urbanus
@RockHard13F

I plan on attending. I'll likely arrive the evening of the 19th to RIC and stay at a hotel nearby unless someone in Richmond has a couch to crash on. Afterwards planning on hopefully grabbing some food/beers with you guys and flying home that night.

I have all the toys for the big luau but plan on simply bringing myself with clothes in a carry on. I have loads of medical experience and equipment.

If anyone in Richmond is willing to have me couch surf the 19th please shoot me an IM.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 3:27:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
@Miles_Urbanus your inbox is full, disregard my first message.  Somehow when hitting send it erased everything.   IM me an email if necessary.
View Quote
IM got through, you’re now Platinum so you’re box is much larger, lol.

Thanks for taking the reigns on this.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 3:35:53 AM EDT
[#9]
If things do get rowdy, you can be assured 100% that info in this thread WILL be used either by .gov or by Leftists to expose whomever they can.  You might want to consider transmitting info in a more secure manner.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 3:53:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If things do get rowdy, you can be assured 100% that info in this thread WILL be used either by .gov or by Leftists to expose whomever they can.  You might want to consider transmitting info in a more secure manner.
View Quote
i.e. World of Warcraft in game chat.  Don't laugh
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 4:24:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 6:13:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’m getting slammed with messages. Let me work through the backlog guys.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 6:28:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If violence does happen, it will be linked back to this place. We know this place is monitored. This has bad idea written all over it.

Not knowing who's who and what their intentions are is a problem. This is ripe for some ANTIFA or anti 2nd Amendment radicals to infiltrate and start the violence. That is if some 3'per Militiaman doesn't decide to just light the fuse on the powder keg himself. Emotions are tense and we know some folks are edgy and worse, not all there.

I think we could go on for pages about what's wrong with this.

Radicals on both side want shit to go hot.

I understand the intention and the passion. But think this through folks.
View Quote
I love the passion of ARFCOM but you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves here. Lobby day is just what it sounds like, meet the people who are in office and have them listen to your point of view. Coming here and wearing all your gear is only going to make it look like we are out of our minds, the media will love showing that. Get in contact with https://www.vcdl.org/ these guys are experts in dealing with our representatives and have been in the fight for a long time so see what they recommend you do. Numbers are what we need the legislature to see, if we don't turn this around their will be a time for the other stuff. FWIW coming in with all this gear you will never get within a mile of the Legislature or the people you want to see.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:29:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I love the passion of ARFCOM but you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves here. Lobby day is just what it sounds like, meet the people who are in office and have them listen to your point of view. Coming here and wearing all your gear is only going to make it look like we are out of our minds, the media will love showing that. Get in contact with https://www.vcdl.org/ these guys are experts in dealing with our representatives and have been in the fight for a long time so see what they recommend you do. Numbers are what we need the legislature to see, if we don't turn this around their will be a time for the other stuff. FWIW coming in with all this gear you will never get within a mile of the Legislature or the people you want to see.
View Quote
I am in direct contact with VCDL leadership.

Hence the efforts to organize. Having people armed and organized sends an effective message. Having people armed and a gagglefuck is ripe for exploitation.

Regardless of how the media will eat it up, the legislature needs to understand that tens of thousands of people are not joshing them when they are warning that bad things will happen if they go through with it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#15]
There is nothing illegal about carrying a slung rifle and wearing a plate carrier and helmet in public. No one here is advocating violence, illegal or immoral behavior.

“Staying in the closet” has definitely NOT worked for the 2nd Amendment. We’ve been trying it for decades. Meek silence didn’t work for gays and it didn't work for blacks in their just civil rights struggles. They did not earn concessions from their political opponents till they were out and proud.

There is room for all comers in the fight for our civil rights. Those in suits and ties that sit down with the politicians and the rabble outside.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:39:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you the generous contribution!

I’ve seen people on this website do great things for each other. No man is an island.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#17]
For those that don’t know about lobby day, it is the official day for the people to lobby their VA reps in their offices.  VCDL sets up teams led by an experienced lobbyist to go and visit every rep in VA.  Open carry is legal in the buildings if you have a concealed carry permit.  However carrying knives or other weapons is not allowed.  Even with your permit and while open carrying, you must go through a metal detector and then get wanded as you will set it off.  The teams spend an hour or two visiting their assigned reps.  Then there is a rally back outside.  If you sign up for VCDL, even just for emails, they will update you with details on lobby day.  Thanks for your support.  See you there.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually, that's not an entirely bad idea, though I'd suggest Discord instead. It's free, is available on most phones, and has both text and voice chat options.

Further, use of the @everyone command can push an alert to everyone who's joined that server.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 7:56:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
For those that don’t know about lobby day, it is the official day for the people to lobby their VA reps in their offices.  VCDL sets up teams led by an experienced lobbyist to go and visit every rep in VA.  Open carry is legal in the buildings if you have a concealed carry permit.  However carrying knives or other weapons is not allowed.  Even with your permit and while open carrying, you must go through a metal detector and then get wanded as you will set it off.  The teams spend an hour or two visiting their assigned reps.  Then there is a rally back outside.  If you sign up for VCDL, even just for emails, they will update you with details on lobby day.  Thanks for your support.  See you there.
View Quote
The guys from out of state have no reason not to bring long guns, because they don't have a state rep to speak to. They are simply showing support and firm resolve.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:03:34 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm in state, but will have loaner gear for med side of things. Let my EMT expire almost 10 years ago, but have a lot of gear.
I'll have a Skedco bag with a Sked with trauma supplies for 6-8 Casualties. Also have airway supplies for certified medics. Laryngoscope and some NAR King Size 4 Airways and BVMs. May have an AED by Lobby Day.

For those looking for med supplies.
Ebay has in date North American Rescue SIRK refill kits for $65 shipped. Look for the sellers near Bragg as I've had the best luck using them.

Kits include an excellent basic trauma kit, 2 Gen7 Cats, Chest Seals, Israeli Bandage, needle decompression (don't use this unless you know what you're doing), Compression Gauze, Nose hose, Benchmade Rescue Hook and Gloves. Great deal even if you just throw it in your backpack.

As far as radios go I've got a couple and I'm willing to purchase some Baofengs and program them to handout as scanners and emergency comm setups.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:09:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Who will provide overwatch?
View Quote
If I had the funds, I would help, but I am too poor...sucks not working....Shit goes sideways and I will figure out a way somehow...airline might look at me a little funny  though....I will be praying for all of you boys....
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The guys from out of state have no reason not to bring long guns, because they don't have a state rep to speak to. They are simply showing support and firm resolve.
View Quote
Roger, I get it.  They should also know that open carry with more than a 20 round magazine is only legal if you have a concealed carry permit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I’ll definitely follow for now as work in uncertain. If able though, I have all the kit you mentioned except Kevlar/NODs. Former 19D US Army Cavalry scout
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I am in direct contact with VCDL leadership.

Hence the efforts to organize. Having people armed and organized sends an effective message. Having people armed and a gagglefuck is ripe for exploitation.

Regardless of how the media will eat it up, the legislature needs to understand that tens of thousands of people are not joshing them when they are warning that bad things will happen if they go through with it.
View Quote
Rock

I was sure we have ARFCOMERS here in VA in touch with VCDL leadership it was directed more towards our brothers coming in from out of state. My biggest worry is the "gagglefuck" you mentioned, all it will take is one ND and it will be off to the races, so to speak. I couldn't agree more that is what our legislature needs but I think we can put a big chunk of the blame on ourselves at the voting booth. Right now I'm scheduled to work Jan 20th but being a full month away that has a habit of getting changed so I'm hoping to make it downtown on  the 20th. Right now I'm going to the Fredericksburg show

Will
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Rock

I was sure we have ARFCOMERS here in VA in touch with VCDL leadership it was directed more towards our brothers coming in from out of state. My biggest worry is the "gagglefuck" you mentioned, all it will take is one ND and it will be off to the races, so to speak. I couldn't agree more that is what our legislature needs but I think we can put a big chunk of the blame on ourselves at the voting booth. Right now I'm scheduled to work Jan 20th but being a full month away that has a habit of getting changed so I'm hoping to make it downtown on  the 20th. Right now I'm going to the Fredericksburg show

Will
View Quote
Or, a disgruntled Antifa liberal as a False Flag event. Remember Charlottesville where there was an armed UNC Professor
expounding violence before that guy plowed through the crowd.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If violence does happen, it will be linked back to this place. We know this place is monitored. This has bad idea written all over it.

Not knowing who's who and what their intentions are is a problem. This is ripe for some ANTIFA or anti 2nd Amendment radicals to infiltrate and start the violence. That is if some 3'per Militiaman doesn't decide to just light the fuse on the powder keg himself. Emotions are tense and we know some folks are edgy and worse, not all there.

View Quote
You might have missed the part where the Commanding General of the VA National Guard is on notice about being commanded to arrest County LE leaders for failure to enforce the Governor’s decrees.

This situation is already there, whether we want it or not. Staying a disorganized mob only increases the chances of a false flag, or rash action.

These guys are doing the best thing possible in this situation: giving order in chaos. “We don’t need command and control” said no organization, ever.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#28]
PM sent
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#29]
It's getting more and more like some kind of "let's kick off the Big Igloo in Virginia" from people who are not Virginians.

I don't have a bit of problem showing-up armed on Lobby Day but I don't want things to end-up like C-Ville where a bunch of out-of-staters showed up to push their own agenda and the points Virginians were there to make was lost in the cluster-fuck that followed. Lobby Day is starting to have that smell about it.

Hell, I don't suspect it's just on ARFCOM where the same types of discussions are taking place with no level-headed guidance at all, maybe even the same crowd (on both sides) that fucked-up the C-Ville thing.

The de facto leadership for Lobby Day is the VCDL.....They need to be very clear on what is expected from their membership and those out-of-staters who wish to participate. I know moving gun-owners in the same direction is like herding cats at times but they need to make the effort, if nothing else for deniability in case something does kick-off.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you aware that this VCDL Lobby day happens every year?  This isn't some first time deal with a bunch of wackos.  Will Antifa show up and act like the dipshits they are?  Who knows. Every year VCDL hosts this people show up and are peaceful.  Just act professional and don't let people agitate you into doing anything stupid.  Don't do anything that would embarrass your family or the 2A cause.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Bull horn(s) are usually at rallies. Might be considered for orders.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's getting more and more like some kind of "let's kick off the Big Igloo in Virginia" from people who are not Virginians.

I don't have a bit of problem showing-up armed on Lobby Day but I don't want things to end-up like C-Ville where a bunch of out-of-staters showed up to push their own agenda and the points Virginians were there to make was lost in the cluster-fuck that followed. Lobby Day is starting to have that smell about it.

Hell, I don't suspect it's just on ARFCOM where the same types of discussions are taking place with no level-headed guidance at all, maybe even the same crowd (on both sides) that fucked-up the C-Ville thing.

The de facto leadership for Lobby Day is the VCDL.....They need to be very clear on what is expected from their membership and those out-of-staters who wish to participate. I know moving gun-owners in the same direction is like herding cats at times but they need to make the effort, if nothing else for deniability in case something does kick-off.
View Quote
Your concern is exactly why we are trying to organize out of state attendees into a cohesive group with some level of higher command and control.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The surly Florida man is right.  If anyone so much as stubs a toe, ARFCom will go the way of 8chan, everyone will be doxxed, it will be a shitshow, and politicians who support us now will be stepping over each other to run away from RKBA.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Our normal lobby day turnout effectively fills that building to capacity as it is. We have to cram 15 people onto each team, and in many offices we're spilling out into the hallways and the rep or aide doesn't see all of us.

Now you're talking 10x the turnout. The vast majority of us are going to have to wait outside anyway. Why not bring a long gun? There are going to be more than enough professionally dressed, well-spoken, pistol-carrying folks in the building talking to reps. The rest is a show of force.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yeah, I know about Lobby Day. I talk with Philip Van Cleave and have brainstormed with him to either form a VCDL type organization in FL or network with FL Carry for assistance since VCDL has been very successful and also helped establish Georgia Carry.

One thing is to attend lobby day while opening carrying. Another is to form a "light infantry platoon" while if full kit and advertise yourself as a group ready to go kinetic with lawmakers.

Has the idea of ANTIFA types infiltrating in and then start shooting ever crossed your mind?

The optics of a vast heavily armed tactical group will viewed also be detrimental to your efforts. What will the public outside of gun community think? How will it be portrayed by the media? What will people outside of Virginia think? Right now you guys are on the right path of civil disobedience with the Sanctuary Counties.

I think 10,000 men and women in civilian attire and holding signs sends and open carrying sends a much better message, but isn't as fun as getting dressed up. Attracting people in who have largely never done anything "real" by telling them they're going to be "infantry" (more than by implication) and having them prepare specifically for kinetic operations isn't exactly how one weeds out the weirdos.

Optics aside, I do fear of an enemy infiltration followed by provocative acts.

Is there going to be a vetting process? Is anyone going to be able to confirm that someone isn't a ANTIFA radical trying to masquerade as one of us and cause problems?
View Quote
Do you have an idea that has not already been tried and failed?
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’m with you. This is LOBBY Day, not LARPing Day. We are there to talk to our representatives as neighbors and friends, not threaten to take over the fucking state house.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:45:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Can we stop at Sonny's BBQ on the way? Really is this a good idea to expose all your plans on a public forum like this?
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I’m with you. This is LOBBY Day, not LARPing Day. We are there to talk to our representatives as neighbors and friends, not threaten to take over the fucking state house.
View Quote
And those of us whose representative introduced the bills in question?
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lionel Spruill is my state senator, he is all up in this as well, ill be at his office with a group of fellow southsiders to argue against these bills.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I could spend the next 6 years talking to Maime Locke and she won't ever change her vote. She's a hardcore leftist from Hampton.

The time for reasoning with the legislature is over. If they were going to listen to 10,000 people with signs, they would have pulled the bills as soon as over 75+ localities declared themselves 2nd amendment sanctuaries.

They don't give a fuck what we say. They feel like they have a mandate to pass these bills and the VSP to enforce them and apparently the National Guard if the police won't. We're past the point of reasonable conversation with many of those REPRESENTATIVES WHO NO LONGER SEEK TO REPRESENT ANYONE BUT MICHAEL BLOOMBERG AND NOVA.

Instead I would think 10,000 armed individuals in plate carriers and with slung long rifles would send the message that we can either continue to live in peace and be left alone, or the full might of free men and women will use whatever means necessary to defend our liberties.

One looks like we're asking, the other one we're telling.

ETA no-one expects for this thing to kick off at lobby day, so long as the bills haven't been pushed through already. I'm taking med gear, because I fully expect some pissed off ANTIFA kid to try to run their car through a group of conservatives as some sort of retribution for C-ville.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Your concern is exactly why we are trying to organize out of state attendees into a cohesive group with some level of higher command and control.
View Quote
How are you vetting these people?

A group of ANTIFA thugs (remember some are WOT vets) could blend in with your group and properly fuck shit up when they start shooting LEO and NG.

I support you 100%.  I joined VCDL and sent extra money.

Full ballistic gear and AR's won't look like a bunch of 18th century farmers with their Kentucky rifles.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

How are you vetting these people?

A group of ANTIFA thugs (remember some are WOT vets) could blend in with your group and properly fuck shit up when they start shooting LEO and NG.

I support you 100%.  I joined VCDL and sent extra money.

Full ballistic gear and AR's won't look like a bunch of 18th century farmers with their Kentucky rifles.
View Quote
How folks are being vetted is not something to discuss publically.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
We are from Pa but that’s the first day of SHOT. Someone fucked up not checking dates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes please!

Can we carpool? I'll even help drive
We are from Pa but that’s the first day of SHOT. Someone fucked up not checking dates.
Virginia is shaping up to be a major pivotal point in this country’s future.  I would think the choice between this and one day of a week long convention in Vegas would be a no-brainer.

All of the Virginia threads here are very sobering and should indicate the seriousness of the situation.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I think 10,000 men and women in civilian attire and holding signs sends and open carrying sends a much better message, but isn't as fun as getting dressed up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I think 10,000 men and women in civilian attire and holding signs sends and open carrying sends a much better message, but isn't as fun as getting dressed up.
I went through the S.A.F.E Act fiasco in New York, 2013. We tried that; Didn't work.

Quoted:
Can we stop at Sonny's BBQ on the way? Really is this a good idea to expose all your plans on a public forum like this?
If ya'll want to look in to Zeronet for planning, it's a decentralized "Peer 2 Peer" protocol that uses bitcoin Cryptography, and you can connect to it through TOR exit nodes.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm surprised you haven't already nuked this thread for our protection.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or to save bandwidth...
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quoted:

Roger, I get it.  They should also know that open carry with more than a 20 round magazine is only legal if you have a concealed carry permit
View Quote
Can someone please post or link me to VA laws regarding the Capitol?

I want to see whats legal and whats not. Also for out of staters, we would just be outside the whole time correct?
Page / 35
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top