Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2002 6:14:40 PM EDT
Italian cooking is my favorite and for the last two weeks I have been watching a wonderful Italian cook named Lidia on PBS. This Italian woman is the real thing, if I lived near the city I would definitely have to try one of her restaurants out.  I have watched many cooks over the years on PBS but this lady is special, her dishes really impress me.

Have any of you NYC area members eaten at one of her restaurants?   Felidia's 243 East 58th st. or  Becco 46 st.  

She has a website [url]www.lidiasitaly.com/index.html[/url]

I only wish I could go to one.  Am-O-Tramp
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never been to one in NYC (never been to NYC except while passing through) but there's a really good one in Boston's North End called Villa Francesca. It was the first place I'd ever been where the captain hovered nearby to signal the different waiters - and I swear they had [i]cannoli[/i] the size of rolls of paper towels! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]
hmmm.  i love italian food 2.  i went to that site and noticed that she has a restuarant in pittsburgh.  i never heard of it b4 but it says its been their since march 2001.  im gonna have to go check it out someday.  i will report.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Ooooohhhh good Italian food can't be beat! Here in Minneapolis we have this goddamn INCREDIBLE little place called Pane Dolce Vino. Not a cheap place, but I have never had anything that I would consider less then fantastic there. No signage either, which I like.

When I was in Tokyo in 2000, I went to the Iron Chef Italian's restraunt too...great, great food...and he was a really nice guy too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top