Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2012 8:08:18 AM EDT
Wife and kids want to see it.  Might be nice to see a cop movie where the cops aren't dope dealers...
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.. But there is a bad cop.
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#2]
The actually times were they are doing cop stuff is really good. One bad cop but thats all about 5 min worth of screen time. Some funny shit in it too...."I think Illl have a chicken sandwhich" Anyways, Its a good family flick.
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Great family movie!  I think the ads push the "cop" part a bit  much.  It is more of a Christian faith based movie about a group of cops.  But yes it is a good movie & good for the whole family; you don't see many of those these days.
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Great family movie!  I think the ads push the "cop" part a bit  much.  It is more of a Christian faith based movie about a group of cops.

Link Posted: 3/4/2012 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great family movie!  I think the ads push the "cop" part a bit  much.  It is more of a Christian faith based movie about a group of cops.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/GrandpaSimpson.gif
That's right, just keep walking, kid.

Link Posted: 3/4/2012 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/4/2012 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#7]
yes..... its good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Great movie,  my whole family watched it and liked it...
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Wife made me watch it. Its more about fathers being responsible family men with a Cop flavoring. They don't try to hide the Christian basis of the film, either...very Jesus/God heavy. Nothing wrong with that, but something to be aware of if you're a jaded, cynnical, less than religious type. Not a terrible movie. I've seen better...and I've seen worse.

P.S. Extorris...you read my mind...well played, Sir.
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/homer2.gif

Exactly.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2012 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I just rented it last week. I didn't see that firefighter/religious flick with my ex girlfriend when it came out, and that was probably a big reason we are no longer together.

It was worth it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2012 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Great family show like others have said.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Just watched it.  Great movie.  (And I'm not the religious type...)
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Good movie, has some heartbreaking moments, good humor and a great message about fatherhood.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The actually times were they are doing cop stuff is really good. One bad cop but thats all about 5 min worth of screen time. Some funny shit in it too...."I think Illl have a chicken sandwhich" Anyways, Its a good family flick.
really? the "cop stuff" they did was horrible. no officer safety at all. clearing a house with flashlights... "covering" the back door with their back facing the door...

this movie was highly overrated. poor acting, some old sad worn out cliches and a heavy handed christian message.

Link Posted: 3/5/2012 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#16]
yes!
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 5:52:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 6:08:57 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought it was good.  As others have said it is more a christian based and being a good father rather than a cop movie.  Some funny stuff in there.

Dan
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 7:18:50 AM EDT
[#19]
I watched it with my then-girlfriend and really enjoyed it, but it has to be taken for what it is, as others have said. It's no Mission Impossible budget-level film.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Good movie...........I dance with my daughter every time she asks and sometimes when she doesn't........it helps put things in perspective
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Good movie...........I dance with my daughter every time she asks and sometimes when she doesn't........it helps put things in perspective

Exactly. My daughter is a little younger than his in the movie and although I try to dance with her too, it still opened my eyes to some things I could be doing differently. I'm a former officer and the movie is about fathers who happen to be officers. They could have just as easily been plumbers. It's not about the job. It's about the responsibility of being a father. I recommend that everyone watches it, if you have children especially. I'm not ashamed to say that when he said the line about dancing with her, it upset me so bad I had to stop watching and take a break. I broke down like never before. I always stop what I'm doing to make her feel special. Especially after watching that movie.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. My daughter is a little younger than his in the movie and although I try to dance with her too, it still opened my eyes to some things I could be doing differently. I'm a former officer and the movie is about fathers who happen to be officers. They could have just as easily been plumbers. It's not about the job. It's about the responsibility of being a father. I recommend that everyone watches it, if you have children especially. I'm not ashamed to say that when he said the line about dancing with her, it upset me so bad I had to stop watching and take a break. I broke down like never before. I always stop what I'm doing to make her feel special. Especially after watching that movie.

I have two daughters, and man that part of the movie slammed me in the chest like a ton of bricks. I'm really glad it was just me and my wife watching the movie right then, dont think I've ever been that emotional during a movie. I rented the movie for it's message about being a father, and I wasn't disappointed. Some of the cop stuff made me cringe, but I also laughed alot too. I recommend it especially to guys who are dads.    

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have two daughters, and man that part of the movie slammed me in the chest like a ton of bricks. I'm really glad it was just me and my wife watching the movie right then, dont think I've ever been that emotional during a movie. I rented the movie for it's message about being a father, and I wasn't disappointed. Some of the cop stuff made me cringe, but I also laughed alot too. I recommend it especially to guys who are dads.    

Yep, I watched it alone the first time and cried like a baby. I went in and kissed both of my kids ( 4 year old boy and 18 month old girl ) while they were sleeping. The second time around I bit my lip and let me wife cry. At least the "Snake Kings" part came after that and had me laughing my ass off.

I am not a religious person by any means, and yes it did have a strong Christian message, but the basic message applies to all fathers regardless of beliefs.

If you get the DVD, be sure to watch the outtakes for more laughs, lol.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This.. and as Joker581 said, it was a Church delivering a Christian message.     Reminds me to think twice when my son (or wife) asks me to do something, not matter how
petty (or embarrassing) it seems....

& you gotta love it when he accidentally tells his Sgt. "I love u" on the phone....my son lost it...
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 6:34:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.. and as Joker581 said, it was a Church delivering a Christian message.     Reminds me to think twice when my son (or wife) asks me to do something, not matter how

& you gotta love it when he accidentally tells his Sgt. "I love u" on the phone....my son lost it...

I thought it was the Sheriff?

It's a decent movie.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Good movie, as stated it has some pretty funny scenes but, at some point I screamed "O K, I GET THE POINT.....".
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought it was the Sheriff?

It's a decent movie.

You are probably right....and then when the Sheriff had roll call and started with the new policy about emotions, feelings, etc...in the workplace,,, sounded like something our PD would do.

Link Posted: 3/21/2012 2:23:54 AM EDT
[#28]
I'll try to keep this neutral, so please don't misunderstand.

Quoted:
Quoted:

But if one is not a parent, is it of any value? It does not, does it, in its parent message, cause a "negative wave" by saying that one ought to be a parent?

As I said, I am trying to be neutral here and I am glad that all who have seen it found benefit in it. As such, though, there are different standpoints here.
________________________________________________________________________________
("Commander Spock, I am delighted that Vulcan was saved......,"––Commissioner Bele after Spock has related the way Vulcan solved its cultural differences, (w,stte), ST:TOS, "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield")
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 6:41:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'll try to keep this neutral, so please don't misunderstand.

Quoted:
Quoted:

But if one is not a parent, is it of any value? It does not, does it, in its parent message, cause a "negative wave" by saying that one ought to be a parent?

As I said, I am trying to be neutral here and I am glad that all who have seen it found benefit in it. As such, though, there are different standpoints here.

I have watched it twice and did not take it as a "Go forth and procreate" message. To me it was more of  "If you are a father, man the hell up and be the best father you can be / Get involved in your kids life and keep them out of trouble" message.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have watched it twice and did not take it as a "Go forth and procreate" message. To me it was more of  "If you are a father, man the hell up and be the best father you can be / Get involved in your kids life and keep them out of trouble" message.

This.
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/homer2.gif

these are what i did when i heard that as well.
Link Posted: 4/13/2012 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Good movie.  Good storyline.  Very good reminder to cops who are fathers too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top