Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2008 4:23:53 PM EDT
My wife is stuck across town in our trailblazer with a flat tire.  Roadside repair guy is there, but apparently the jack handle is missing.  Handle is required to uncrank the tire from the spare tire carrier.  Does anybody know how to get the spare tire out without the handle?  I can't get to her because I am stuck at work, and she needs to pick up the baby from day care.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]
None of it is there? FWIW, its the same as a truck and if there is another GM product close by that would be willing to loan their tools I would suggest asking them. Did you look under the passenger middle seat as that's where the tools should be? They are not in the rear. The tool that unwinds the spare is a 2 or 3 piece rod that goes together to reach into the gearcase.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top