Page / 2
Posted: 12/3/2007 10:02:13 AM EDT
poll
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#1]
bro
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been zapped with a 100,000 stun gun.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have been zapped with a 100,000 stun gun.

meh... those tickle
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Tis the season to be trolling, fa la la la la la la la la la......
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm up to six times.  Last time was Weds.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#7]
i love going to the marine corps expo. guys line up just to see if they can withstand the shock!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Tis the season to be trolling, fa la la la la la la la la la......
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have you beat

Going again in Jan
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have you beat

Going again in Jan

Oh jeez.  Why?  Once x 5 sec is plenty for me to know the damn thing works.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have you beat

Going again in Jan

Force on force training......
Jan will be for patrol certification
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I've been shocked with a stun gun several times, never a taser.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Amazing,

nobody has been tased yet GD would have you think that you can't walk down the street w/o being tased
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have you beat

Going again in Jan

Three for training, three by accident.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Nope, seen a few officers get it though. I'm not jealous, but they all say it's worse than it looks and when it's over, it's over.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm curious what being Tased would feel like for me. I have seen plenty of other people's reactions to it, but electricity and I get along pretty well, and I wonder how it would effect me. I also have a high pain tolerance, which would help I assume.

I've been zapped by all sorts of things and it's never really bothered me. Hell, when I was 8 or so, I jumped up and sat on an electric fence for a while and wondered why my Aunt started screaming at me to get off of it. 15 years ago or so, I was going to a chiropractor and they had to max the electro-therapy gizmo for it to actually make my muscles move. Not to mention accidental shocks, prank shocks, goofing around with a stun baton...

Is there any kind of commonality that's been observed between people who are resistant to being Tased?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Just during sex.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'm curious what being Tased would feel like for me. I have seen plenty of other people's reactions to it, but electricity and I get along pretty well, and I wonder how it would effect me. I also have a high pain tolerance, which would help I assume.

I've been zapped by all sorts of things and it's never really bothered me. Hell, when I was 8 or so, I jumped up and sat on an electric fence for a while and wondered why my Aunt started screaming at me to get off of it. 15 years ago or so, I was going to a chiropractor and they had to max the electro-therapy gizmo for it to actually make my muscles move. Not to mention accidental shocks, prank shocks, goofing around with a stun baton...

Is there any kind of commonality that's been observed between people who are resistant to being Tased?

Im the same way and when I got tased, it dropped my ass real quick.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I've never seen anyone resist the taser application itself.  Now, I have seen people continue fighting in between zaps and that almost always involves drugs/alcohol to excess.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Believe it or not 50,000 volts has little effect on me being I weigh 280lbs, 500,000 volts hurts, 1 million puts me on my ass.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

And you're still alive? AMAZING!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:28:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'm kinda curious about all that myself.  I know a taser shock is 2 joules. I don't know how that compares to everything else you've experienced though.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Believe it or not 50,000 volts has little effect on me being I weigh 280lbs, 500,000 volts hurts, 1 million puts me on my ass.
voltage has precisely DICK to do with the effect electricity has on you my friend.  It's all about amperage.  I've taken 2.8 million with less than a milliamp in highschool no big deal. You could hold a flourescent light bulb in your hand, touch it to metal and it'd light up.  Your hair would stand up, but no real pain at all.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Just during sex.  

Kinky... I like being choked myself.

Have I been tased? Don't go there bro.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
voltage has precisely DICK to do with the effect electricity has on you my friend.  It's all about amperage.  I've taken 2.8 million with less than a milliamp in highschool no big deal. You could hold a flourescent light bulb in your hand, touch it to metal and it'd light up.  Your hair would stand up, but no real pain at all.

Tasers function more like RF jamming of your CNS.. Its the waveform not the power that makes it work

Basicly it blocks the channel that controlls your volentary muscle control
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What can I say.  It's a freak of nature..
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What can I say.  It's a freak of nature..

You mean you're a freak of nature.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#28]
This thread is as "useful" as your other thread Linky

Of course, if you REALLY MUST, I suggest you read the SCOTUS Law Enforcement Taser Use ruling. where clearly they are against it's use as a compliance and or torture tool. Also, you may wish to visit TASER.COM as well for guidance in the use of their product.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Video of me taking 50,000 volts:

Vid
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Of course, if you REALLY MUST, I suggest you read the SCOTUS Law Enforcement Taser Use ruling. where clearly they are against it's use as a compliance and or torture tool. Also, you may wish to visit TASER.COM as well for guidance in the use of their product.

I bet this just kills you:

"Execlent article

IMHO*
* I have only used them in traning

They are a good tool to use on a subject that does not have a lot of fight in them OR
an execlent tool if you have two or more officers so that the second they go down you can pig pile and cuff

If you cuff under power you can rarely go wrong

Playing electric simon says, looks real bad to the public and opens you up to attack by bystanders others.."

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=76&t=642032
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I've never seen anyone resist the taser application itself.  Now, I have seen people continue fighting in between zaps and that almost always involves drugs/alcohol to excess.

Hmm. I thought I remembered being told by a friend of mine on APD that one of the guys he trained with was resistant enough to fight during being shocked. They used his guy to train officers on how to react in case they ran across someone with the same "ability" or someone who was largely unaffected due to drugs/alcohol, etc.

Maybe he meant that the trainer wasn't affected enough that it prevented him from fighting immediately after zap stopped, like you said.

Quoted:
I'm kinda curious about all that myself.  I know a taser shock is 2 joules. I don't know how that compares to everything else you've experienced though.

I don't know precisely, but I'd guess the Taser is probably stronger than anything I've gotten hit with. I'm not claiming that I'm a superman or anything.

Edit: didn't need to quote myself, especially twice.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet this just kills you:

"Execlent article

IMHO*
* I have only used them in traning

They are a good tool to use on a subject that does not have a lot of fight in them OR
an execlent tool if you have two or more officers so that the second they go down you can pig pile and cuff

If you cuff under power you can rarely go wrong

Playing electric simon says, looks real bad to the public and opens you up to attack by bystanders others.."

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=76&t=642032

Oh, you're killing me!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Just during sex.  

Next time, wait 'til she says "yes".  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Yup, 1 ride was enough for me!! I thought OC was much worse though.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#35]
No.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#36]
No, but my dick's bigger than yours.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#37]
So 3% of arfcom has been tased w/o consent....
I don't buy the 2 yes votes but I bet someone did not come out of the blue and tase them when they were sleeping
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Taser International is the company that makes all of the LE tasers.

It uses what is called "Advanced Taser Electro-Muscular Disruption".  It dose not matter how much pain you can take or how tough you are. It basically disrupts your body from communication with all of the muscles.

I have been tasered and pepper sprayed. In training and I repeat "training" I would rather take the taser any day over pepper spray. On the street working I would take pepper spray knowing that I can fight though it and still function.

Of the hundreds of thousands of LE that has been trained and taken the taser, not one single officer has ever died or had any kind of medical problems.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#39]
ETA: I would rather be tased or pepper sprayed than to be shot with a firearm or hit with a baton!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I've never been tased.  I know how to understand and comply to verbal orders.

And I'm only a few weeks into 31B training.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#41]
They weren't using the Taser much when I went through the academy... just OC.

And I hate that stuff... you can fight through it if you really really really have to... but it sucks with a capital "S."
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Surprise tasering goes hand-in-hand with surprise buttsecks.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Video of me taking 50,000 volts:

Vid

Ah shit. I knew somebody would get me sooner or later
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Nope, seen a few officers get it though. I'm not jealous, but they all say it's worse than it looks and when it's over, it's over.

I've been tased (with consent, for training), and this was also my experience.  It hurts bad.  I thought I'd be able to stand there and take it.  Nope.    That was the longest 5 seconds of my life.  

I went down like a sack of potatoes hollering "turn it off!" through clenched teeth.  But when it stopped, it was completely over.  There was no residual soreness.  I actually felt a sense of euphoria immediately afterward (no doubt due to the adrenaline rush).  The only after effect was a little bit of soreness where the prongs stuck into my back (shot from behind).

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I used to love getting shocked by electric fences when I was a kid.  I could take a lot bigger shocks than any of my friends, so I though that might help me handle being TASED.  Nope.  It didn't.  The TASER jolts were way more powerful than any electric fence I've touched.  I've been zapped (accidentally) while working around a 110v outlet.  The TASER was worse...and it lasted 5 seconds (felt like an eternity).
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Is being tased with two of your buddies holding your arms, letting you down gently so you don`t hurt yourself, really being tased? It seems to be missing so much from the other kind when you crack your head.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Is being tased with two of your buddies holding your arms, letting you down gently so you don`t hurt yourself, really being tased? It seems to be missing so much from the other kind when you crack your head.

If you allow yourself to be tased where you might fall and hit your head on something hard, you probably deserve it.

I was TASED standing alone outside on a grass lawn.  I went down pretty fast, but I was still able to drop to my knees first and then fall gently onto my side.  I wasn't thinking about cushioning my fall though.  My only thought was "HOLY @#$% THIS HURTS!!! TURN IT OFF!!!"  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#48]
not with the new taser

popped myself with an old type stun gun back in the late 80's

was at a tool show and I picked it up while the vendor's attention was elsewhere

it knocked the piss out of me when i keyed it with my forearm across the electrodes

my high pitched scream and subsequent collapse drew quite a crowd  

eta: I tried to get a couple of County Deputies to tase each other a few days back
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:37:52 PM EDT
[#49]
When I got certified, the instructor flat-out said he wouldn't shoot anyone with it, even if they volunteered. We only got a turn-it-on-turn-it-off half second jolt with the alligator clip leads on our pockets. Though it wasn't the full experience, it was certainly enough of a taste to understand it. It felt like someone had cracked me across the hips with a 2x4.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#50]
I have taken 5 5 second rides, and have been drive stunned probably another 5 times.  Drive stuns don't really count.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top