Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Is HD radio any better?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No one yet makes what I want: a modern, digital, stereo component HD Radio tuner.  I already have far better amps and speakers, I just need the damn radio.  Oh, and the stupid thing should NOT cost more than $100.

-Troy

Yea I know they are expensive for even the small table models .............Radio only also

I think Sangea sp? has one I am not sure of the quality though............. Thanks Troy
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is HD radio any better?

I do know that the clarity should be CD quality but I am looking just for a small radio for the kitchen I aint payin no subscription

I actually have never heard one but they seem a little $$$$
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I am thinking about getting a head unit for my jeep to replace the stock one. Possibly looking into the JVC-HDR1
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Isn't putting HD in a table top radio (i.e., relatively small speaker, small enclosure, weak amplifier, lack of anything more than rudimentary tone controls, etc.) kind of like putting lipstick on a pig?

Anybody else remember "Stereo AM" or "Dolby FM"? I'm smelling the same kind of hype all over again!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Isn't putting HD in a table top radio (i.e., relatively small speaker, small enclosure, weak amplifier, lack of anything more than rudimentary tone controls, etc.) kind of like putting lipstick on a pig?

Anybody else remember "Stereo AM" or "Dolby FM"? I'm smelling the same kind of hype all over again!

Yea but its got "HD" attached to its name. As we all know if its got HD on it, it must be good
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:22:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea but its got "HD" attached to its name. As we all know if its got HD on it, it must be good

Yea what he said......................Hey Ski. lets leave the common sense stuff out of this...........  ok

What I am looking for is a small radio with a variety of stations ........its for the Kitchen just while makin dinner pix ...........any other ideas???
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#11]
To be honest, when I first heard a commercial for "HD Radio", I thought it was a joke...

I don't listen enough to the radio to want either HD or satellite radio.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#12]
It would seem a number of people don't even know what the OP is talking about.

www.engadget.com/2006/09/19/sangean-announces-hdt-1-hdr-1-hd-radios

www.ccrane.com/radios/hd-radio/sangean-hdt-1-hd-radio-component-tuner.aspx

ETA: Before buying, you should see if your local stations are broadcasting digital signals
www.hdradio.com/find_an_hd_digital_radio_station.php
Otherwise it would be a waste right now.

The extra stations, commercial free, are very nice. As is digital FM, much nicer than satellite sounds, and it's free. I have 24 HD Radio channels in my area, with 2 more coming soon. Only one on AM so far, but I look forward to possibly more talk radio in the future.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks Gonzo
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:51:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
No one yet makes what I want: a modern, digital, stereo component HD Radio tuner.  I already have far better amps and speakers, I just need the damn radio.  Oh, and the stupid thing should NOT cost more than $100.

-Troy

Couldn't you get something like one of those Wifi streaming thingamajigs and hook it up to your stereo?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:06:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:06:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Amazon.com has a bunch of HD radios for home and car.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:14:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Well...... I ordered the Radiosophy  it was the least expensive to try this out. I'll report back after its here
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:17:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I have XM radio that I listen to over the internet. With a decent set of computer speakers, it's not too bad.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I thought about XM /Serius but just can't pay for radio.......................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top