Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 2/18/2007 11:25:35 AM EDT
Just got off the phone with him . He addmited he put his foot in his mouth  .

Check the BLOG in 2 hours  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#1]
It'll be a "sorry I offended you guys, please don't make them fire me"

He's already stated his opinion. I highly doubt he's changed it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I dunno what's worse - that fact he said it, or that he won't stand by it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Too late.  Damage done.  Saying he's sorry just to save his job, he didn't suddenly change his POV.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#4]
He's not sorry, he said it now he must live with it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry, I'm lost. Who is this "zumbo"?
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link for those of us who are lost...?
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Too late.  Damage done.  Saying he's sorry just to save his job, he didn't suddenly change his POV.

+1 money can mean more than pride sometimes
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Too little, too late.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Jim's apology means jackshit!

He said it, he meant it.

A real man says what he means, and means what he says.

Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#11]
He's not sorry for anything he is saving his sponsorship because he aspoused his honest opinion and pissed off more than agreed with him.  Now his sponsors are weighing thier connections to him.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Assault Rifles For Hunters?

As I write this, I'm hunting coyotes in southeastern Wyoming with Eddie Stevenson, PR Manager for Remington Arms, Greg Dennison, who is senior research engineer for Remington, and several writers. We're testing Remington's brand new .17 cal Spitfire bullet on coyotes.

I must be living in a vacuum. The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms.

I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers."

Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud of our "sporting firearms."

This really has me concerned. As hunters, we don't need the image of walking around the woods carrying one of these weapons. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let's divorce ourselves from them.I say game departments should ban them from the praries and woods...

and it keeps going...

outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Link for those of us who are lost...?

Link to link to Zumbo article.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yep. He already admitted his true feelings towards us. Anything now is just trying to "fake it" and not seem like an idiot. We need to continue with his destruction.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:33:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

There have been allot of these thread lately where i have no freaking idea what the OP is talking about.

Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. He already admitted his true feelings towards us. Anything now is just trying to "fake it" and not seem like an idiot. We need to continue with his destruction.

+1

bury his ass
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I would have liked to been on the phone call from Remington to Zumbo. It is always charming to hear a VP of a large company scream WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! into the phone on a Sunday morning

edit I kind of agree that "Sorry I got my dick caught in the wringer" doesn't mean a lot to me.

My guess is their PR guy who was on the hunt with him got some very angry messages on his Blackberry.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#19]
"I say what I want until eighty gazillion people point out with irrefutable logic and facts just how much of a traitor I am to all law-abiding gun owners everywhere and THEN i decide I'm wrong."

Nope, sorry.  No sale.

He's ether a clueless fucktard or he's not willing to stand up and defend his position when the heat is on.  Either way, fuck him.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Fuck him.
He had the rope, he tied a noose. He can fucking hang.
Piece of shit fudd motherfucker.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Too fucking late. Once you step on your dick THAT hard, it stays flat.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Admitted he put his foot in his mouth? So that means what exactly? That now he doesn't think AR15s are "terrorist weapons"? Now he doesn't think that they give hunters and shooters a bad image?

We know what this traitorous piece of shit really thinks. An apology isn't going to cut it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I would have liked to been on the phone call from Remington to Zumbo. It is always charming to hear a VP of a large company scream WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! into the phone on a Sunday morning

edit I kind of agree that "Sorry I got my dick caught in the wringer" doesn't mean a lot to me.

Nor to me, but I do always like to see someone swallow their pride and deal with the public humiliation of this type when they have really fucked up.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:38:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Is his reply supposed to be burried in with the rest of them, or is this going to be another section/page on their site?  I only ask because anyone can make a comment on the blog and use his name.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#25]
What a pussy.
I still don't have any intention of supporting him through his advertisers as long as he has a job.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#26]
His blog should read "I am out of touch with the true feelings of many Americans and thus I plan to retire immediately"

That would help.

A little.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There have been allot of these thread lately where i have no freaking idea what the OP is talking about.

That's because you're not on GD 24/7 with a caffeine IV drip or the optional DBFU (Direct Brain Feed Unit) so you can have the latest posts feed directly into your subconscious while you catch a few Z's.  Get with the program!  

Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Fuck him.

+1000

If the guy cant stick to his guns (no pun intended) then he is even lower than he was already IMHO.
Fuck him.

He has no business writing for any firearms publication.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow.  I have never seen a career crash and burn so fast.  

For better or for worse, behold the power of the internet.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#30]
For posterity.

Assault Rifles For Hunters?

As I write this, I'm hunting coyotes in southeastern Wyoming with Eddie Stevenson, PR Manager for Remington Arms, Greg Dennison, who is senior research engineer for Remington, and several writers. We're testing Remington's brand new .17 cal Spitfire bullet on coyotes.

I must be living in a vacuum. The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms.

I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers."

Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud of our "sporting firearms."

This really has me concerned. As hunters, we don't need the image of walking around the woods carrying one of these weapons. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let's divorce ourselves from them. I say game departments should ban them from the praries and woods.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Fuck him.

+1

Nicely Put
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Flame his blog when he posts his apology?

I'm in.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#33]
New expression:  "Yeah he really Zumbo'd THAT one!!"
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Flame his blog when he posts his apology?

I'm in.

DITTO.
Please put the link to his apology in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Agreed unsincere apology just to try to save what little of his ass he has left.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#36]
He's sorry that he won't be getting anymore free dream hunts and free gear. He did it to himself the arrogant fuck.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:45:38 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
What a pussy.
I still don't have any intention of supporting him through his advertisers as long as he has a job.

+1
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#39]
At this point you can't unring the bell. Screw
that crap hole and any one who sponsors him
in the future,Including Remington!
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#40]
"my blog was hacked, these are not my opinions"

I called it
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I called it

"I was on the series of tubes the other day, and my staff delivered me a Internet..."
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#42]
He's on hold on Gun Talk. http://www.kbnp.com/
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I called it

Might be right.

The cowards way out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
http://www.outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/

He is an idiot when it comes to firearms.. he's got to go...
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Nothing funnier than watching some asshole crash and burn.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Remington's CEO apologized and stated that Zumbo does not speak for Remington and that they have a polar opposite stance.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Damn he's getting hammered. I saw this one:

ALL - Jim Zumbo in NO WAY speaks for Remington! His opinions are his own. We at Remington take our 2nd Ammendment Rights extremely seriously and ourselves market and manufacturer a AR based 308 rifle. Remington Arms supports the lawful use of all firearms by thier owners in whatever legal manner they choose. We at Remington feel that it is the diversity of our tastes and uses of fireaems that should also be the binding element that assists us all in defending the rights granted to us by our fore fathers.

Rest assured that remington not only does not support jim's view, we totally disagree! I have no explaination for his perspective.

I proudly own AR's and support everyones right to do so!

What makes me sick is how quickly people on the internet have called to boycott Remington. All Jim said was he was hunting with our people! This is normal course in our industry. How else do people think we field test? with writers.

Remington has spent tens of millions of dollars to defend your rights and how quickly the thanks is threat and boycott! Please feel Free to post that remington does not agree with Zumbo in any way shape or form and we will assess our relationship with him accordingly.

Tommy Millner
CEO and President

Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#48]
so little
so late
so sorry.

How is this phrased in the vernacular? Something like traitorous POS, or traitorous SOB?
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Remington's CEO apologized and stated that Zumbo does not speak for Remington and that they have a polar opposite stance.

So they should stop paying him, don't ya think?
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#50]
At this point in time it is immaterial to me what or if he writes anything at all. Once it is out there , it is out there. No retractions and no apologies can make up for what I am sure he believes. screw em and feed him fish heads and rice.

Quoted:
Just got off the phone with him . He addmited he put his foot in his mouth  .

Check the BLOG in 2 hours  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top