Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Posted: 11/14/2004 9:29:38 AM EDT
I lurk here all the time and finally registered after going to the Reliant Gun Show in Houston yesterday.  I have never seen anything like this.  I had my two boys there with me and we witnessed the M&A guy attack a customer.  

I think this guy from M&A parts was the owner.  He is a stocky guy with a goatee.

Earlier in the day, I had seen the customer having some sights put on his Glock at the Glock spare parts booth (he was carrying his Glock concealed and chewing on a cigar) so I figure that guy was LEO. The night sights weren't the cheap kind either.  

Anyway, A while later, I was at the M&A booth about to drop  $800 or $900 dollars on an upper and parts when I see the Glock guy with the cigar again.  He was wearing a blue pullover.  He was talking to one of the helper bees at the M&A parts table and that guy told him the prices of a handful of rail covers.  I know those things aren't cheap.  

The Goatee guy came over and told the Glock guy a totally different price.  I think the difference was over $35.00 from what the helper bee had told the customer.  This large difference even caught my attention.  

The Glock guy asked the M&A Goatee boy what the difference was and the M&A Goatee guy answered him like he was an idiot.  I mean, he talked to him just like you would talk to some stupid retarded guy that was trying to date your sister.  

The M&A guy's voice was mean, condescending and devoid of any ounce of customer service.  The Glock guy said that was fine, and asked him if he took American Express.  The M&A guy said no in that same condescending mean voice and took the Glock Guy's visa card.  I would have told the M&A guy with the goatee to shove his parts up his rear end right there!  The Glock guy didn't.  

I was amazed that a vender would talk to a customer who was buying $100.00 of plastic rail covers like this.  

I decided that I would not do business with these guy and spent my money elsewhere.  In fact, I will never buy from M&A parts again.

After the Glock guy with the cigar handed the M&A goatee guy his credit card, the M&A guy screwed around for awhile and told the Glock guy that it wouldn't read his card.  Why he didn't just punch the numbers in manually, I'll never know.  That's not hard to do. The Glock guy had this annoyed look on his face and the M&A guy with the goatee told him "ITS NOT MY FAULT IT WON'T READ YOUR CARD!"

The Glock guy took his card back and asked the M&A Goatee guy if they took checks.  The M&A guy responded in that same condescending tone of voice that they didn't.  The Glock guy told him fine, he could keep his merchandise then and started to walk away.  At no time did the glock guy get rude or say anything that was out of line to the M&A parts guy.

This is where it started to go bad.  The M&A guy made a comment to the Glock guy about his attitude (which I had not seen a bad attitude from the Glock guy yet).  

The glock guy stopped walking away and told the M&A goatee guy that he was the one with the crappy attitude and proceeded to detail each instance of his bad attitude and poor customer service from start to finish.  

The M&A Goatee guy told the glock guy with the cigar that he could take his bad attitude somewhere else (which I thought the glock guy was trying to do) and then the Glock guy told him "Fuck You" and turned and walked down the aisle toward Lone Star Gun safe's booth.

The M&A goatee guy started yelling "SIR"  SIR" "SIR" "SIR" "SIR" after the Glock guy like a little girl whose feelings were hurt and then ran out into the aisle after his former customer.  

This is where I decided that the M&A guy with the goatee was proving that not only was he stupid, but that he was trying to become a candidate for the Darwinism award.

The M&A Goatee guy grabbed the glock guy's shoulder (1st mistake), spun him around, put his face into the Glock guys face & yelled "FUCK YOU" in his face.  there faces where inches apart.  I think the M&A guy actually stuck his eye onto the end of the Glock guy's cigar.  Luckily for the M&A Goatee guy the Glock guy was only chewing the cigar and it wasn't lit.  

The M&A Goatee guy then proceeded to try to swat the Glock guy’s cigar out of his mouth.  He hit the cigar.

The Glock guy grabbed the M&AQ guy's collar and pushed him back.  The M&A Goatee guy made a grab for the Glock guy's collar at which time the Glock guy finished the fight:

The Glock guy grabbed the M&A guy by the THROAT & squeezed.  It looked like he squeezed it real hard.  The M&A guy suddenly stopped running his mouth and talking smack tothe Glock guy with the cigar!

I thought to myself, the Glock guy with the cigar just went Darth Vader on M&A guy:  fingers around the adams apple, squeezed hard enough for the M&A Goatee boy's eyes to pop out (looked like one of those dolls that have the pop out eyes that pop out when you squeeze them.  Looked him in the eyes and told him in a very loud voice that he was going to kill him right there and squeezed his throat even harder.  

It was amazing.  It looked like Darth Vader had come to Houston.  The M&A Guy's face was turning red, eyes popping out and the Glock guy was just standing there, fingers inserted into the guy's adams apple and wind pipe, chewing on his cigar, holding his bag of stuff with the most chilling look I have ever seen on a guys face.  I thought the Glock guy wasn't going to let go of the M&A Guy's throat until he was dead.  

Some other people intervened and the Glock guy let the M&A goatee guy go and started to walk off.  The M&A guy apparently wanted to be embarrassed some more and decided that having his throat almost ripped out once that day wasn't enough and followed after the Glock guy a second time.  I thought the glock guy was going to test out his new night sights on this moron, but he didn't.  Four or five really big guys came out of nowhere and stopped the M&A guy from getting embarrassed a second time.

I was shocked that my two boys had to witness any of this.  The way the M&A Parts guy with the goatee talked to the guy with the Glock and then the attack.  At least my boys saw one way to stop a stupid bully.  Grab his throat and choke the life out of him.  BUT, they should not have to see this stuff at a gun show
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet. I have NEVER had such poor customer service or dealt with ruder people who allegedly want my money than I have at gunshows. I swear some of those dealers are the biggest asses I have ever seen.

Welcome aboard, BTW!
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#2]
That's quite a story, alright.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#3]
As a gunshow vendor myself I am shocked at vendors that treat their customers like they are a nuisance, and like the Glock guy the customers tolerate it.  I like to treat every customer like they are the only I’ve got.  I seem to have people coming back.  They vendor got what he deserved IMHO.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Another customer service victory for M&A/Model1/Nesard/Sherluk!
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Gripping story!
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow. I was at the gunshow at Reliant yesteday. I left about 2:00PM. Dang, I missed it. LOL

What approx time did this incident occur?
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 9:45:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Gripping story!

Hey! I liked the original topic line "goes Darth Vader on him."
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 9:46:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I was just thinking that I remembered reading that M1s and M&A were one and the same--I checked the two ZIPS they listed and mapquest showed a roughly six miles distance from one physical address and the other's PO box.

If so, they are a real POS!
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I haven't been to a gun show in a number of years, are those vendors related to each other or something?

Frylock: WELCOME!      
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#11]
2 thoughts -

1. Maybe now some vendors will see this and realize WE (customers) are doing THEM a favor by making a purchase and not the other way arround.  Time for vendors and such to stop assuming that because we ask a question on their product - does not mean we have no figgen clue which end the bullet comes out of. Just because you sell tactical hydration tubes (black straws) does not mean you are the super badass and can treat customers like crap, then get mad when they leave, then (on top of that) confront the customer and expect to have the custome run scared.

2. Perfect point - carrying a gun does not mean you will shoot  up the place if someone shows attitude. This guy was armed and keept the Glock in its place (rightfully so as there was nothing even close to the need to use it) but he did not "brandish" and start to spray. The glock guy would get a round on me had I seen him in the bar after that based on that one instance.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I was amazed.  The M&A parts guy needed to get hurt real bad after pulling that crap.  I didn't like seeing that stuff in High-school and thought that it was left behind.  I don't hang out at bars and certainly didn't expect to at that at a gun show.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#13]
sounds real mature if ya ask me,, glock guy did right by not going to far but stopping the  assualt on him,,, stupid  of the m/a guy to try continue the fight,,   funny thing is,, pricks dont know their pricks!
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like the M&A guy got what he deserved!
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 10:27:07 AM EDT
[#15]
The piss poor customer service happens all the time. Simple questions  get you big attitude from many vendors. Not all but a majority treat you like you are a waste of their time. I think for the most part they figure the next fool is right around the corner so who cares if you buy from me or not.  I dont think many of them understand how much business walks away witnessing something like this.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I was amazed.  The M&A parts guy needed to get hurt real bad after pulling that crap.  I didn't like seeing that stuff in High-school and thought that it was left behind.  I don't hang out at bars and certainly didn't expect to at that at a gun show.

It almost happened to me once.  Friend of mine was selling a bunch of his guns (he was going into the military and needed to pay off some debt first) and I went with him as a mule, basically---I had about a half dozen of his rifles hanging off of me.  My friend starts talking to this guy about one of the guns in the middle of an aisle and I am just standing there waiting for him when a dude that has a nearby table gets pissed because my friend is selling stuff near his table...and gets in MY face about it!
I told him I wasn't selling anything, that the guns belong to my friend and I am just helping him out and he starts cursing me out, so I told him to fuck off.  He JUMPS over the table at me...
I had an AR (one that belonged to my friend) in my hands and suddenly bayonet training came back to me and I had it positioned for a buttstroke.  The guy jumped back away from me like someone had pulled him back with a rope, and then my friend was inbetween us, apologizing to the guy for getting in the way of his table.
Anyway, I have seen stuff like this happen at shows before.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 10:33:50 AM EDT
[#17]
The big question is whether the gun show will let the vendor return after this.....
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I guess I've been lucky. I haven't run into any asshat vendors, yet.  

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Gripping story!

I find your lack of faith disturbing.....
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gripping story!

I was about to post that too - great minds and all that

btw - I now laugh every time I see your avatar!
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Interesting story, but I doubt glock guy's pistol was loaded. All the Texas gunshows I have gone to were pretty strict about no loaded CCW inside the show.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#22]
+1 SC
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gripping story!

I was about to post that too - great minds and all that

btw - I now laugh every time I see your avatar!

Hatt baby Vader  
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Obviously GLock has some lind of training. Darth Vader or otherwise.  Just the demeanor that was described tells you that.  Probably some sort of SF in his past.  Darth Vader was a good guy at one time!
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Well Colt would never do that............
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#26]
excellent story!

if glock guy had a metal framed pistol, like a sig of 1911, i bet he would have pistol wipped him while gotee man was in the DV death grip

wish you had pics!
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#27]
I was there;

I was one of the big guys who ended up separating the two of them.  Glock Guy is SC-Texas of the Houston Crew.  JAdamS also of the Houston Crew and also a Constable here in Houston was the other guy who had to jump in to the middle of this.  JAdamS and I were at the Lone Star Safe booth when he and I spotted SC-Texas belly to belly with this guy.  When we ran up, the throat hold had already been released, but the M&A Parts guy was still threatening and getting in SC-Texas' face.  Most of us have been on the customer service end of things before, there is no reason to ever chase someone down and assault them and continue to get in their face over anything that could be said.  It doesn't matter what was said, "Your momma" jokes should have been ignored in a situation like that.  Nothing short of theft or previous assault should have made him leave his booth!!  Over all SC-Texas did keep relative calm considering what was going on, and yes I did buy him a beer after we left.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#28]
+1 for the Houston crew! Kick him in the Jimmy next time!

Link Posted: 11/14/2004 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#29]
I've given up on gunshows.  95% of those that I have attended in the last 5 years and two different states suck donkey dick and have no redeeming qualities.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Are you sure that wasn't the American Spirit Arms booth and their asshole owner Bob Reisner.

I thought I was going to have to hand fat Bob's ass to him but my pointing and laughing was all that was required to make him throw money from the register at me. others haven't been so lucky.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#31]
I just looked at a catalog from the show that I took out of my bag and tossed on my desk last night.
It's an M&A Parts cat.

Link Posted: 11/14/2004 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I was there;

I was one of the big guys who ended up separating the two of them.  Glock Guy is SC-Texas of the Houston Crew.  JAdamS also of the Houston Crew and also a Constable here in Houston was the other guy who had to jump in to the middle of this.  JAdamS and I were at the Lone Star Safe booth when he and I spotted SC-Texas belly to belly with this guy.  When we ran up, the throat hold had already been released, but the M&A Parts guy was still threatening and getting in SC-Texas' face.  Most of us have been on the customer service end of things before, there is no reason to ever chase someone down and assault them and continue to get in their face over anything that could be said.  It doesn't matter what was said, "Your momma" jokes should have been ignored in a situation like that.  Nothing short of theft or previous assault should have made him leave his booth!!  Over all SC-Texas did keep relative calm considering what was going on, and yes I did buy him a beer after we left.

Can you ban this vendor from the show?
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#33]
I left an e-mail for him.
" To whom it may concern;
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Thanks."
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Pretty silly for a vendor to chase someone down that way.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#35]
by the way

who was bigger?
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was there;

Can you ban this vendor from the show?

I'm not affiliated with the show, but I wouldn't have a problem not seeing M&A parts there again.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#37]
LMAO. I wish I'd seen it.
I met the M&A guy at the Waukesha, WI gunshow and talked with him for awhile. Seemed nice enough to me. But that was that day

I told my wife your story and she could only comment on how many assholes there are from Illinois! We've met plenty and most of my stories of lousy service from the gun industry originate in IL. Maybe there's a lesson in there somewhere.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 12:18:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Doggonit!

I was at that show yesterday and missed the fight.

It sounded like the best part of the show.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#39]
What suprised me after the incedent was over was the lack of Police intervention.  The show was crawling with PD of all kinds, some in uniform and I'm sure many not.  However durring this whole thing, the only PD to be involved was JAdamS and he was with us.  Not a single uniformed officer approached any of us.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 12:37:44 PM EDT
[#40]
The larger vendors are getting worse in their attitudes towards the people they should be the kindest to. The smaller newer vendors are the ones to frequent now. Those are the ones I do business with. The smaller companies know which side their bread is buttered on.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

+1

and a real big one, the family, whoes history of peddeling junk and dodging legal action by running a "dba monty" , strikes again...
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Mail that jerk a bag of dog poop with a note attached saying "Dear asshole, please light this and set it on your front porch".

And a big +1 to the Houston crew.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#44]

This reminded me of the scene in Scent of a Woman where Pacino puts his niece's obnoxious husband in a ranger choke hold.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Man that's a funny story.  The ARFcom TX crew doesn't play around.

Assholes like that are the main reason I don't go to gunshows anymore.  Some dealers act like our money is contaminated with the plague.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#46]

OWNED!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for the great post. Was at the show today, but can't place M&A parts.  I 'll damn sure be looking for them in the future.  I have been treated rude before at shows, one in particular was a lady selling sharpening stones  she acted like she was doing a favor to serve me.  When I picked up a stone to feel the grit with my finger nail she told me not to do that because I would mess up the stone.  That was a close one, I had to bite my lip and walk away.  I was raised not to talk the way I  was thinking at that moment, to ladies.

I do have one question though where the fuck did all those patches come from?
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Always nice to know who the idiots are at the shows, and hear other peoples' experiences.  Especially if the vendors are from my state.
Link Posted: 11/14/2004 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I do have one question though where the fuck did all those patches come from?

My buddy Boyd started on that side of the show and I started on the other side.

When we met in the middle, he said, "You might as well slow down.  The last 8 rows are nothing but patches and badges."

I laughed.

He said, "You ain't listening.  I mean the last 8 rows are really nothing but patches and badges.

He wasn't kidding.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top