Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 10:30:32 AM EDT
Since women have their own Olympic events because they can't compete with men, should white guys have their own track & field events since they can rarely beat black guys? And yes I saw the race last night with the fast white dude.

P.S. Should we also separate swimming classes into blacks & whites since white guys dominate?

If no, please explain why it would be any different than seperating men and women.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#1]
lol IBTL
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Women and men have CLEAR biological differences in the way their bodies are built.

The differences WITHIN GENDER among different "races" are MUCH more subtle, and are often related to diet and upbringing.

So I vote "no" on principle (apart from the practical impossibilities of implementing such a system)
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Let all the women compete against the men... Fine with me.  

edit to add - IBTL
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Women and men have CLEAR biological differences in the way their bodies are built.

The differences WITHIN GENDER among different "races" are MUCH more subtle, and are often related to diet and upbringing.

So I vote "no" on principle (apart from the practical impossibilities of implementing such a system)

Yeah but how many black swimmers have you ever seen?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Just to add to the lockability of this topic -

Why the HELL can't india - with a bazillion people - win any medals in the Olympics???  What's up with that??

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#6]
i could see this getting out of hand and locked soon.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same for ice hockey.  Same for dressage.  Same for polo.   Notice the pattern?

How many inner-city shitty school and poor black rural school districts have their own pools and ice rinks?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#8]
They already have them for people like you

It's called the Special Olympics...

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quite a few where I live. Also, a black female swimmer from France won a silver medal at this year's Olympics. How many swimming medals have you won?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#10]
IBTRTL
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#11]
IBTL
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

quote]

Hey...I eat alot of fried chicken and watermellon and I don't go around carjacking vehicles!

Just had to do it.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#13]
The olympics should be banned for lack of cowbell and pie.

ETA pie reference said in order to get more BOTD olympic pictures.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#14]
[SNL skit] "Gotta have more COWBELL!" [/SNL skit]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If no, please explain why it would be any different than seperating men and women.

Becasue teh performance gap is not wide enuf to justify it.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I just cant believe the ignorance of this thread... the only reason why there are no black swimmers is because they are afraid of water. Geez... get the facts straight.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Becasue teh performance gap is not wide enuf to justify it.

Tell that to all the white guys trying to get into the NBA and NFL.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#19]
IBTL!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
[
Tell that to all the white guys trying to get into the NBA and NFL.

Balances out all the black guys trying to get into the NHL.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#22]
1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, and title. Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit these items and to remove your ability to modify them in the future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top