Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/18/2018 9:54:29 PM EDT
Sportsman's Guide has a hell of a sale if you've been looking. I finally ordered one....

$712 for members
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn good price
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty good price for a very fun rifle.

I probably wont ever sell mine.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Great price. I like mine a lot.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the first time I've seen one in stock for less than $1k!
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 10:57:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I want one. Tell me why I need it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
It's a gun that you don't already have one of.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
1. Compact (bullpup...)
2. Suppresses well
3. Good trigger
4. Every review I've seen had great things to say
5. It's a gun.....
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:12:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because it's fun, different and drops all your brass in a neat pile by your feet.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

1. Compact (bullpup...)
2. Suppresses well
3. Good trigger
5. It's a gun.....
View Quote
Good trigger compared to...?

Is it "good for a bullpup" good, or is it "Geisselle" good?

How accurate is it? Chrome lined barrel or ?

Also, are all of the controls ambi? I might be able to swing this as a wife purchase as she's a lefty rifle shooter.

You'd think for 700 bucks (usually a grand plus?) That it would come with some kind of sights.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

1. Compact (bullpup...)
2. Suppresses well
3. Good trigger
5. It's a gun.....
View Quote
Good for a bullpup, or good all around? I don’t expect it to feel like a top of the line aftermarket trigger, but how does it compare to a standard mill spec AR trigger?

ETA: hahaha! Beaten to the exact same question!
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Shitty design. Drops the brass at your feet, think about a self defense scenario. Ever step on a leggo with bare feet?
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Shitty design. Drops the brass at your feet, think about a self defense scenario. Ever step on a leggo with bare feet.
View Quote
Interesting point. I really would love it at the range I go to, as I pick up all my brass out of the dirt.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Interesting point. I really would love it at the range I go to, as I pick up all my brass out of the dirt.
View Quote
I argued with that dork from the MAC about this. Fucking moron fired back with why would I be barefoot.
I guess he sleeps with his boots on.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:20:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Shitty design. Drops the brass at your feet, think about a self defense scenario. Ever step on a leggo with bare feet?
View Quote
If I’m stepping on brass with my bare feet, and that’s my biggest concern, then things have gone decisively my way...
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I argued with that dork from the MAC about this. Fucking moron fired back with why would I be barefoot.
View Quote
Lol. I have way more time on the AR platform at this point, so that's what's by the bed and would remain that way, but I'm seriously considering one "for my wife".
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:24:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I keep a spare pair of Wellington slipons by the bed for weird shit at night. Hard to go yell at the dog to stop chasing the elk out of the yard barefoot.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:26:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Good trigger compared to...?

Is it "good for a bullpup" good, or is it "Geisselle" good?

How accurate is it? Chrome lined barrel or ?

Also, are all of the controls ambi? I might be able to swing this as a wife purchase as she's a lefty rifle shooter.

You'd think for 700 bucks (usually a grand plus?) That it would come with some kind of sights.
View Quote
Good for a bullpup. That being said, I don't find my buddies msar Aug to be bad at all. They are ambi and supposedly really soft shooters. Check out some reviews. I've been wanting one for several years. MAC loves them, if that means anything to you. Mine will be my new nightstand gun. I've got country feet and spent my formative years in an aluminum smelter and the last decade in a coal power plant. I can handle hot brass on the floor.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If I’m stepping on brass with my bare feet, and that’s my biggest concern, then things have gone decisively my way...
View Quote
Yeah. Tell you what tonight before you go to bed throw a dozen entry shell casings on the floor and step on them. Let me know if you think it's not a issue.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:37:40 PM EDT
[#19]
That seems like a solid deal. Maybe the price has dropped as I see a couple on Gunbroker for close to the same price but $35 shippinghttps://www.gunbroker.com/item/786358484
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Thought I got a decent deal at 900, would do it again.

I wouldn't call the trigger good, just not bad

Suppresses OK but the hammer is pretty loud, with my head in the shooting position it's loud just dry firing.  Seems like it would almost be quiet enough for no hearing pro if it wasn't for the hammer.

Doesn't feel super high quality, but mine runs just fine

Accuracy is OK, best I can do with hand loads is about 1.5MOA but still throws the occasional flier.  Most factory ammo is 2-4 MOA.

Objectively my 10.5" grendel ar pistol is better in every way, still think is a fun gun to own because it's different.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That seems like a solid deal. Maybe the price has dropped as I see a couple on Gunbroker for close to the same price but $35 shippinghttps://www.gunbroker.com/item/786358484
View Quote
I price matched before pulling the trigger. This is the best deal I could find. Usually they are out of stock within a day or two. Everyone knows that Kel Tec has trouble meeting demand.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Thought I got a decent deal at 900, would do it again.

I wouldn't call the trigger good, just not bad

Suppresses OK but the hammer is pretty loud, with my head in the shooting position it's loud just dry firing.  Seems like it would almost be quiet enough for no hearing pro if it wasn't for the hammer.

Doesn't feel super high quality, but mine runs just fine

Accuracy is OK, best I can do with hand loads is about 1.5MOA but still throws the occasional flier.  Most factory ammo is 2-4 MOA.

Objectively my 10.5" grendel ar pistol is better in every way, still think is a fun gun to own because it's different.
View Quote
Would you say the trigger is better than a milspec AR? I cut my teeth on '80s triggers, so I'm very forgiving, lol.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 12:58:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Just hope it’s better than the Sub2k triggers
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:53:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yeah. Tell you what tonight before you go to bed throw a dozen entry shell casings on the floor and step on them. Let me know if you think it's not a issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This has got to be one of the dumbest defense scenario arguments I've seen here in a year or two.

If a pile of brass is at your feet in a home defense scenario, it means you've already been shooting. If you've already been shooting and that brass is anywhere on your radar, things are good.

It's also worth mentioning that this RDB isn't significantly different from other conventional autoloaders in this regard. With most, regardless of whether it's a rifle or a pistol, there's not that great of a chance that your brass is going to fly meters away into the clear. That brass is going to ricochet off walls and furniture. Some of that will come back at you. Hell, some firearms seem to send their brass back at the guy behind the trigger by default.

Unless your HD gun is a revolver, this isn't something to get hung up on.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:56:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Friends don't let friends buy Kel Tec or drink their own pee
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Would you say the trigger is better than a milspec AR? I cut my teeth on '80s triggers, so I'm very forgiving, lol.
View Quote
The trigger on my RDB is much better than any milspec AR trigger I've tried.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's good to know.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lol. I have way more time on the AR platform at this point, so that's what's by the bed and would remain that way, but I'm seriously considering one "for my wife".
View Quote
That’s the conclusion I came to after buying an MSAR AUG and spending on every upgrade I could buy and converting it to a lefty model.

I still might spring for this.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sportsman's Guide has a hell of a sale if you've been looking. I finally ordered one....

$712 for members
View Quote
Is the site inserting referrals into the links now? When I click, it routes through: http://link.sylikes.com/?publisherId=615103&afPlacementId=1659178&afCampaignId=jm8hv8g2b400zk8a03sv2&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportsmansguide.com%2Fproduct%2Findex%2Fkel-tec-rdb-semi-automatic-556-nato-223-rem-17-barrel-201-rounds%3Fa%3D1947326
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is the site inserting referrals into the links now? When I click, it routes through: http://link.sylikes.com/?publisherId=615103&afPlacementId=1659178&afCampaignId=jm8hv8g2b400zk8a03sv2&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportsmansguide.com%2Fproduct%2Findex%2Fkel-tec-rdb-semi-automatic-556-nato-223-rem-17-barrel-201-rounds%3Fa%3D1947326
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$712 for members
Arfcom has been using referrals for a while now, but I don't recognize that domain.

@Goatboy Is this expected behavior?
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Not buying a gun because you are afraid of stepping on the hot brass it produces has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Don't use it for home defense then.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Trigger is better than mil-spec.
Highly adjustable gas block works great with suppressors.
It is the only mainstream bullpup that doesn't weigh as much as my mom's old Buick.

If it was license built by a reputable company like Colt, FN or Steyr, it could be my only rifle in 5.56.

But...it's a Kel-Tec, with all that the name implies.  I can't bring myself to trust that something won't fall off after the next shot.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Arfcom has been using referrals for a while now, but I don't recognize that domain.

@Goatboy Is this expected behavior?
View Quote
I just copied and pasted from SG...
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're the one that just claimed you shouldn't buy your kids lego's because if there is an emergency you might step on them.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I've wanted one since they 1st came out but I doubt KelTec production is building that many and any order I place will be just another backorder.
I have been wanting to find one at a local show or retailer and they are hard to find.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
To be completely fair there's a pretty good chance you'll get brass under your feet no matter what if you're in a hallway or similar semi enclosed space
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I've wanted one since they 1st came out but I doubt KelTec production is building that many and any order I place will be just another backorder.
I have been wanting to find one at a local show or retailer and they are hard to find.
View Quote
*Likely* they actually have these in stock. I ordered one at ~12:30 last night and I got a notification it had been shipped at 11 this morning.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:18:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I like mine a lot need to shoot it some more.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
*Likely* they actually have these in stock. I ordered one at ~12:30 last night and I got a notification it had been shipped at 11 this morning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The ones on gunbroker are in stock too most likely. Quick call or message would tell for sure. I got offered one locally for $9something. It's not like these are impossible to find like the RFB was initially but now I have even seen a few of those locally.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've shot mine suppressed without ear pro, and it almost seems quieter than dry firing it.  I wonder if the hammer ping is only loud when dry firing. I might try pulling the trigger on a primed but empty case to see if it still rings my ear.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It is the only mainstream bullpup that doesn't weigh as much as my mom's old Buick.

If it was license built by a reputable company like Colt, FN or Steyr, it could be my only rifle in 5.56.

But...it's a Kel-Tec, with all that the name implies.  I can't bring myself to trust that something won't fall off after the next shot.
View Quote
The FS2000 is pretty light, but you may not consider it mainstream...
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I like mine a lot need to shoot it some more.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/153775/IMG_20180521_210301855-676496.JPG
View Quote
Looks like something you use for things that come out at night, mostly...
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just over a pound heavier. I am just curious as to why he doesn't just buy the FN or Aug?
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have one.

It is heavier than the Kel-Tec by about a pound.   Likewise for the AUG and Tavor.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:36:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Just over a pound heavier. I am just curious as to why he doesn't just buy the FN or Aug?
View Quote
I did.   I like the bullpup configuration,  but they all bring a weight penalty over an M4ish AR at this point,  except the Kel-Tec.

The Kel-Tec and the FS2000 do have an inch or more of barrel length that accounts for some of that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven’t seen a FN bullpup in years.

The Kel-Tec easily has a better trigger than the AUG.

There’s something else I remember liking about it, but I don’t remember what that was.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#48]
I was looking at that yesterday. I just bought one about month ago at a price I hadn't seen before on one that was in stock. I thought I did good until I saw this ad. Even the non member price is good.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#49]
I love mine!

The hand adjustable gas system is really a great feature - especially if shooting suppressed.

The longer barrel (17.7") allows me to use my Liberty Mystic 9mm can to suppress it!  And it fits in a tennis racket case without the suppressor!

I'm wondering if there's a generation 2 around the corner with this new lower pricing!  The wood stock version never came to market.

Link Posted: 9/19/2018 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree and the reset is fantastic.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top