Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/16/2018 2:57:04 PM EDT
<div class="article__summary summary ">
A group hoping to breakaway from California because of high taxes and their unhappiness with how the state is run has declared independence for 'New California.'    The group's leaders released a Declaration of Independence on Monday in the hopes that it will eventually lead to independence from the state capitol, Sacramento.
Unlike the Calexit movement, which is looking for independence from the United States for the entire state of California, the New California group wants to remain a part of the US but it no longer wants to be governed by the state of California.
The state of New California would incorporate most of the state's rural counties, leaving the urban coastal counties to the current state of California.
https://www.rt.com/usa/416118-new-california-declares-independence/
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Tried to read article but was “tainted”
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Collusion.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Didnt read the article, but I could support such a movement.

Where can I send munitions and arms?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]
In for the info on where to send guns, ammo, and money...
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#5]
This could be... Interesting.

Maybe for all the wrong reasons, but Interesting none the less.

Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Godspeed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Would be sure nice to break the state in half, considering how many House members it has
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Should have happens back on December 8th 1941, Japan fucked it all up though if unsure look up the state of jefferson
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Go see Aradesh.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Good division.  The coastal/population concentration areas tend to be very libturd and the more rural areas more normal.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Would be sure nice to break the state in half, considering how many House members it has
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Dump the crates of activated almonds into the harbor!
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Assuming the republican part of the state I support this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Dupe
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:12:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Jefferson?

Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Should have happens back on December 8th 1941, Japan fucked it all up though if unsure look up the state of jefferson
View Quote
There have been several attempts in recent history of them trying to create Jefferson. If they can't make that little state happen, i'm not sure how they will get 3/4 of California to make this new state.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I read that as "lawyers, guns, and money"!

Can a state split legally/Constitutionally?  How would that be done?

ETA:  They'd need the consent of the state legislature.  And seeing how the PRK relies on the producing rural areas to support the Free Shit Army in the cities, they're not likely to let them go.

What would happen if they stopped paying state taxes but kept paying their fed taxes?

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Where do I report for muster?
As the graphics in those stories represent the new California would be the deepest, darkest, crimson red state in the Union.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:16:25 PM EDT
[#21]
In on 1.  Good luck.  (Assuming it is what I think it is)
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#22]
New California works for those that champion it because of the disastrous results of Reynolds vs Sims decision by the Warren court.

The founding fathers were concerned that high population areas would dictate government to all other areas in the union.  In other words mob rule from a small area of the greater union.   This is why all states, no matter how small or large, geographically or by population gets two senators.

The states were also concerned of the same thing with their counties in that the one or two counties that contained major cities would dominate policy over all.  Hence why many states had a senate and assembly (or house).

Some liberals sued and the case went all the way to the supreme court as Reynolds vs Sims.  Lead by Warren, the supreme court handed down a ruling that all state senates had to be converted into another assembly/house where seats have to be evenly divided by population.

Since 1964, when this ruling was issued, senate seats started migrating to the large cities.  Those large cities, along with their significant assembly seats, started to dominate state government and policies over all of the state.

Oddly, the liberal Warren was nominated by Eisenhower a GOP president.

Anyway, if Reynolds vs Sims does not get over turned, or at least modified to allow true senates for states that also have an assembly/house, the pressure to break up states will boil over some point down the road.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm strangely comfortable with it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Bummer, I still live in the commie portion

Common! Ventura County has CCW, include this county
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#27]
They need to contact us on the outside for re-ups....
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Arguably Kommifornia should be split into three states.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I wish we could make The Peoples Separate Democratic republic of Chiraq happen and split it off form the rest of IL.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The states were also concerned of the same thing with their counties in that the one or two counties that contained major cities would dominate policy over all.  
View Quote
That is already happening all through out of country.  You have the larger, urban areas that are determining who wins elections for state offices or for the US House and Senate.  And those areas tend to go Democrat.  If you live in one of the more rural or suburban counties, you're vote doesn't count as much.

Those areas *MAY* also determine who gets the states electoral votes for President.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Funny how coastal ca wants to take the state out of USA but most of the counties of ca want out of the state of ca.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Any sources besides Russia Today? Not sure why you guys love to post Russian sources so much.

My own idea for a split is similar, but they kept some rather Left-dominated counties including highly populated ones which would fuck the whole project over, and by leaving counties fully intact, a lot of Red areas get doubly fucked over. Some of these counties are similarly mostly-red with a blue area with a concentrated population.

Unfortunately, the CA legislature's consent is required for any split to be realized. They will not do that voluntarily. Congress has to consent as well. I suppose an initiative amendment could force the legislature's hand (assuming they choose to obey the law; they are more than happy to disobey both State and Federal constitutions when it suits them and the courts sometimes side with them). It'd be a tall order, but more plausible than getting voluntary legislative consent.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
At a minimum.  The population is too large, and it's only going to get bigger. Such a large area, especially along a coastline, being formed into one state in the first place was a mistake.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Bummer, I still live in the commie portion

Common! Ventura County has CCW, include this county
View Quote
The way I'd do it, I'd leave a coastal strip and most of the majority-blue precint cities as Ventura County and have it stay with the old California, and the rest would become a new county (call it Reagan County or whatever). Santa Barbara and SLO Counties could get a similar treatment, as geographically they are mostly red.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Address inbound
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
At a minimum.  The population is too large.  Such a large area, especially along a coastline, being formed into one state in the first place was a mistake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At a minimum.  The population is too large.  Such a large area, especially along a coastline, being formed into one state in the first place was a mistake.
Two is fine, and creates a more economically viable new State. California used to be a lot larger and as Alta California (both as part of Mexico and during its short period as an independent country) included parts of New Mexico, Wyoming, and Colorado; all of Utah and Nevada; and most of Arizona.

It wasn't formed into a State. After becoming U.S. territory, its more populated portion was granted sovereignty and admitted into the Union. It was an existing entity without the issues that would make a a split desirable. It had its boundaries defined by Spain when its population was even smaller.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There have been several attempts in recent history of them trying to create Jefferson. If they can't make that little state happen, i'm not sure how they will get 3/4 of California to make this new state.
View Quote
Congress was to vote on it that day. Very very close to being a reality, then world war 2
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#39]
This is exactly what I thought of as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#40]
What if they joined with surrounding states?

But not Oregon because that would solve nothing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#41]
I fully support this. Making it happen will be challenging, but very worthwhile.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#42]
"New states may be admitted by the Congress into this union; but no new states shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other state; nor any state be formed by the junction of two or more states, or parts of states, without the consent of the legislatures of the states concerned as well as of the Congress."

Good luck getting the Cali legislature and the US Congress to agree to it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Just looking to see if the same people cheering in here were shitting in the balkinization of the US thread....
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Can we also redistrict some of the states in New England?

I'm thinking that we combine Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, the NYC area, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts into a single state just called New England.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#47]
I 100 percent support this
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Tried to read article but was “tainted”
View Quote
Taint whatcha do it's the way atcha do it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:14:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Has Calexit stood up and said "Hey..they can't do that"  yet?  
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What if they joined with surrounding states?

But not Oregon because that would solve nothing.
View Quote
Nevada could use a seaport.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top