Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/28/2017 12:48:26 PM EDT
Behold the 1000 pack of beer:

Price includes home delivery.

May Day in Finland is a Labor Day only for these guys (commies, social democrats etc.):

For the rest of us, it's time to get drunk:

Happy May Day or Labor Day 1st of May. It's good form to wish this online now, because you could make no sense of any posts after about afternoon of the eve. Some will start their celeberations tonight already.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:55:23 PM EDT
You celebrate the starting of May for 4 days?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:01:41 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By zpack:
You celebrate the starting of May for 4 days?
View Quote
Sometimes. If May Day or Midsummer (St. John's Day) falls on a Monday, that is what we call a “very long weekend” that for some is getting difficult to sober up by the next Tuesday.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:06:18 PM EDT
Simo Hayha and 1000 packs of beer. Finland has good attributes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:07:30 PM EDT
Meh my friends buy beer by the pallet. I think they are going to buy their 4th.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:17:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By griffin86:
View Quote
The K pack is essentially an Euro pallet of beer in 0.5L cans. In other words, 143 gallons. Your puny US pallet of 24 x 60 x 12 ounce cans is only 135 gallons.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:20:53 PM EDT
Real Muricans drink tallboys.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:28:13 PM EDT
Kegs are better when you get to those quantities.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:28:48 PM EDT
That is awesome!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:38:27 PM EDT
meh Suomi vodka on paras ja nopea
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:43:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:52:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Red_Blue:
The K pack is essentially an Euro pallet of beer in 0.5L cans. In other words, 143 gallons. Your puny US pallet of 24 x 60 x 12 ounce cans is only 135 gallons.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
The 3 of them each got 28 -24 packs so there was 189 gallons.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:57:31 PM EDT
What's the cost in USD? And is the beer any good? I imagine it would be hard to store that, I'd prefer to keep in all cold if possible.

Any adult beverage you need a fork truck or pallet jack to move is good by me
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:03:37 PM EDT
I can appreciate the marketing, but why don't you just get kegs of beer?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:06:11 PM EDT
What are the white hats people are wearing?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:10:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gewehr98:
What's the cost in USD? And is the beer any good? I imagine it would be hard to store that, I'd prefer to keep in all cold if possible.

View Quote
The pic has the price in Euros. Current conversion rate shows it to be about $2,355.25USD.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:14:03 PM EDT

View Quote
Let the drunken bragging begin! I worked at a college bar that would burn through 200 gallons every weekend, (25) 8 gallon kegs. On celebratory weekends we could double that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:26:34 PM EDT
Hmm, can you get that in Busch?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:28:48 PM EDT
Finland...you guys know how to make it through the 11 months of winter...
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:29:30 PM EDT

The 3 of them each got 28 -24 packs so there was 189 gallons.
View Quote

Local Fin beat by exceedingly polite Canadian, more at 11
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:29:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rxdawg:
Kegs are better when you get to those quantities.
View Quote
with their own dedicated refrigerators...

but having a skid steer and pallet forks is a plus...
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:56:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tactical_Spartan:
I can appreciate the marketing, but why don't you just get kegs of beer?
View Quote
I have never worked in that industry, but my guess is that some asinine regulation doesn't allow selling kegs to consumers. Due to alcohol consumption being a big health policy issue in Finland, availability of it is heavily restricted and it is very expensive due to heavy taxes. While 4.5% Class 3 beer in big bottles or cans is available from 9 am to 9 pm, any kind of alcohol cannot be sold as takeout during the night. Strong beer, wines and any spirits are sold by the state monopoly company which checks your age and that you're not under the influence. Also, any advertising of alcohol products is banned.

Most folks who buy beer or vodka by the bulk get it from Estonia or Latvia. Before the EU that was banned, but because of the internal market, Finland is unable to ban imports for personal use. And personal use was adjudicated so that you could buy a pallet of beer from Estonia and bring it back in your own van. The customs might accuse you of buying it for commercial sale, but they would have to prove it. One common answer to the query of why you have so much alcohol in your vehicle coming from the ferry is to tell the customs agent that you are stockpiling for your own funeral.

There are theories that wihtout a very restrictive alcohol policy Finns would have become extinct already. I don't believe it and my evidence is clear: Russians.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:02:09 PM EDT
If Oscar Blues would put one of those together in Dales Pale I'd probably FO
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:02:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Willmar:
What are the white hats people are wearing?
View Quote
It's a student cap. It means you passed your matriculation exam, which qualifies for further exams to apply to a university. If the cap has a black tassel, it means the wearer was accepted to university of technology.

Those are typically only worn on May Day for most folks, regadless of when they passed their exams or whether they even attended university.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:03:14 PM EDT
I'm
The pic has the price in Euros. Current conversion rate shows it to be about $2,355.25USD.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gewehr98:

I'm
Holy shitsnacks! I bought an 18 pack of PBR for $10 on the way home from work. That would cost me about $555.56 for 1000 beers. 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:20:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tactical_Spartan:
Let the drunken bragging begin! I worked at a college bar that would burn through 200 gallons every weekend, (25) 8 gallon kegs. On celebratory weekends we could double that.
View Quote
Guess how I know you didn't go to college in Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:27:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/28/2017 4:37:06 PM EDT by Red_Blue]
Originally Posted By Going_Commando:
Holy shitsnacks! I bought an 18 pack of PBR for $10 on the way home from work. That would cost me about $555.56 for 1000 beers. 
View Quote
As I already wrote, it's due to taxes. Of that $2,300, taxes account for about $1500 and $180 is for a deposit for the recyclable cans. So about $600 of it is actual beer cost. And it's quite nice beer, the brew in the K pack is a dark four malt Bohemian style lager from a small brewery in Nokia (yes, the place in central Finland where they made rubber boots, tires and smart phones, although the brewery is not related to those companies).
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:35:10 PM EDT
When their beer purchase requires a forklift you know they're some serious drinkers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:17:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/28/2017 5:19:19 PM EDT by G-REM]
I was just reading Red Blues post in the submarine sinking thread on how the Finns drop hand grenades on Russian subs.
Now he's posting 1000 packs of suds.
Are the Finns the rednecks of Europe?
Cause they sound like they're pretty cool to hang out with.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:26:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By G-REM:
Are the Finns the rednecks of Europe?
Cause they sound like they're pretty cool to hang out with.
View Quote
The West Virginia of Europe they say. As long as you can drink your beer without talking too much, I guess we would get along just fine:

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:31:13 PM EDT
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
Beer.
Top Top