Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 2/2/2017 5:04:12 PM EDT
The Bundeswehr recently issued a tender for their G36 replacement, it's possible this new design might be H&K's submission.

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a SCAR 16 and ACR had sex or they just copied the two together.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The HK433 in the basis caliber 5.56 mm x 45 NATO combines the outstanding features of the G36 and HK416 assault rifles and is thus setting standards world wide.

- Modular and light construction. Compact dimensions.
- Barrel length individually configurable. Simple end-user level barrel change.
- Completely ambidextrous manipulation for right and left handed shooters.
- Non reciprocating charging handle with integrated forward assist. Switchable w/o tools.
- Lower receiver with ambidextrous manipulation for G36 and HK416 users.
- Drop safe according to AC225/D14 with and w/o applied safety.
- Upper receiver with full length STANAG rail in 12 o'clock position. Hand guard with Hkey interface on 3 and 9 o'clock position. Picatinny rail on 6 o'clock position.
- Length adjustable folding stock with height adjustable cheek weld. Weapon also usable with stock folded.
- Optional receiver integrated maintenance free shot counter.
- Tool less disassembly / assembly of major components.
- Weapon can be set to safe in all loading conditions.
- Lots of accessories available.
- Made 100% in Germany
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this the gun that the Nazi Islamists of the 4th Reich will be using against us in WW3?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So did they rip of FN this time instead of Colt?
View Quote

Looks pretty clear they ripped off the ACR
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I will bet it has the G36 gas system.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yet will cost more than two of them combined. IF! We are even allowed them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, given current German military spending trends, I'm sure the 3 or 4 platoons of actual infantry the Bundeswehr will have by the time this rifle gets fielded will really enjoy them....
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Looks pretty clear they ripped off the ACR
View Quote

Hard to tell, the receiver looks a lot like an AR-15. It looks more like their take on an MCX to me. Taking the basis of an AR-15, and the designing around the perceived shortcomings of it resulting in a largely new rifle.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Because you suck and we hate you.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Literally Hitler!!!!!1
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Needs 6.5 grendel
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So did they rip of FN this time instead of Colt?
View Quote

Oh snap.

On a more serious note, I'm wondering why they didn't just go with the 416. From everything I've read the A5 has addressed most of the platform's quirks. France just bought a giant pile of them, and it sounds like the UK might finally dump that POS SA80 for them as well.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe want? Need better photos and info.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is this the gun that the NaziCommunist Islamists of the 4th Reich will be using against us in WW3?
View Quote

since they have the same goals and tactics as the communists currently raging in America they aren't Nazis they are communists

basically just shock troops of the NWO jerking the strings of their puppets creating fertile soil for their global government to take root in.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hard to tell, the receiver looks a lot like an AR-15. It looks more like their take on an MCX to me. Taking the basis of an AR-15, and the designing around the perceived shortcomings of it resulting in a largely new rifle.
View Quote

Or XCR.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holy shot that FPNI thing again
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks like a Robinson Arms XCR to me.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Seems... familiar...
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I will bet it has the G36 gas system.
View Quote

You misspelled AR-18....
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I see they're sticking with HKey Mod (fail)
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#23]
CZ Bren?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#24]
If there's a semi-auto version we can buy in the future, it will cost at least $4k.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Another overpriced, overweight German copy of a perfectly functional design that they will deign to sell us at a grossly overinflated price after neutering it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:27:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Not to be outdone by FN Herstal, the HK 433 features a stock resembling a much sleeker boot than the traditional UGG boot of the FN offering, the SCAR
View Quote

What did the author mean by this?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Tell me, what does it do better than a homebuilt AR15?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well, given current German military spending trends, I'm sure the 3 or 4 platoons of actual infantry the Bundeswehr will have by the time this rifle gets fielded will really enjoy them....
View Quote

I was reading the other day that the German Army was down to 2 Panzer divisions, and a special forces division (60,000 men).  That is a far cry from the 12 cold war divisions.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Who cares.  They're never going to sell it to US civilians.  I'll be getting a Bren 806 when they're available and I'm sure it'll be way before anyone sees this HK.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#30]
I bet that "drop safe" trigger is going to suck, hugely.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#31]
- Drop safe according to AC225/D14 with and w/o applied safety.  That just guaranteed a French a purchase too....
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd bet LAV will have the skinny on it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Tell me, what does it do better than a homebuilt AR15?
View Quote

It germans better.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Side charging ambi piston AR18?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Where else can assault rifle designers go? There's not much left to innovate when it comes to box fed, semi auto rifles, so about all they can do is improve materials or combine the best features from a range of other weapons into their own.  Not making excuses for HK, but there's a good reason for the lack of innovation, and that is it's all been done before and there's nothing left until the next revolutionary leap.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Where else can assault rifle designers go? There's not much left to innovate when it comes to box fed, semi auto rifles, so about all they can do is improve materials or combine the best features from a range of other weapons into their own.  Not making excuses for HK, but there's a good reason for the lack of innovation, and that is it's all been done before and there's nothing left until the next revolutionary leap.
View Quote

Sounds like a a pretty damn good reason to just buy or build M4s and use that r&d money for other shit.

Call up Colt Canada and get on with the rest of your "armaments procurement" day.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If there's a semi-auto version we can buy in the future, it will cost at least $4k.
View Quote

Mags will be $90.00ea too. I'll dance with the one that brought me...
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'd bet LAV will have the skinny on it.
View Quote
Yo homes, this new carbine takes it to the next level.  It's a solid piece of kit that is just to much for all

the printer repairmen to handle.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

It will be pink, have a non-folding thumb hole stock, and only accept three round mags.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Who cares.  They're never going to sell it to US civilians.  I'll be getting a Bren 806 when they're available and I'm sure it'll be way before anyone sees this HK.
View Quote

That looks bad ass! Might have to get one to SBR.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Some kind of recoil elimination/delay voodoo like the AN-94 (but somehow not ridiculously complex).  Caseless like the G11, or at least polymer case like the US military is working on.  Heat elimination voodoo, which is likely to be a problem with caseless and polymer case.  Smart scopes integrated with precision guided bullets, like DARPA has successfully demonstrated with 50BMG (but much, much, much, waaaaaaaaaay cheaper).  If any of that is successfully developed we may be able to modify AR's to run it, or AR's will be obsolete.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It will be pink, have a non-folding thumb hole stock, and only accept three round mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Small chance this can be changed with Trump in office now. Still, they need to get the appropriate export permits from Germany and those will require some modifications. Best hope is they get that factory in the US tooled up for them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Reciprocating charging handle why?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Looks like a robinson armament
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
- Drop safe according to AC225/D14 with and w/o applied safety.  That just guaranteed a French a purchase too....
View Quote

Just curious, with your vast amount of military and historical knowledge. Do you know anything at all about the French military?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#48]
So will the barrel trunion melt on this one too?

I kind of like the looks of it but knowing HK if it ever made it to civi sales it would be $3500 and come in grey with a single stack magwell requiring another grand or two in modifications to unfuck it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#49]
H&K.

Because when we out Chinese, the Chinese, we are snotty about it, to reinforce your sense of exclusivity...

Let's see if the new hybrid, gets more thrusts per squeeze divided by cubic dollars. 10-1 it wont...but look sexy while it fails.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#50]
HK416'S for everyone! 
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top